Pack vs. Vikes in Wildcard round possibiity

tfrentz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish we face the Vikings in the playoffs and we will beat them and hush up everyone who says we can't cause I know we can and we will

OP
OP
T

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I definitely think momentum is something not to take lightly and so far the Packers have got a lot of it going.The Vikes overall are looking flat compared to what they did in the beginning of the season.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Just keep in mind, as much as I hate to say it, the Vikings really had their way with us earlier this year. Even with them playing as flat as they are right now, it would still be a very close game and I still wouldn't be too confident.

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just keep in mind, as much as I hate to say it, the Vikings really had their way with us earlier this year. Even with them playing as flat as they are right now, it would still be a very close game and I still wouldn't be too confident.

I wouldn't say they had their way with us. We were competitive in both games. Let me pose the question...would you rather play Philly or Arizona instead? I wouldn't, I'll take a match up with the Vikes. Vikes have a lot of problems that we can exploit. Their running game is crap, their O-Line sucks, Favre has a history of sucking in the Playoffs, that is a favorable match up for us.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
I wouldn't say they had their way with us. We were competitive in both games. Let me pose the question...would you rather play Philly or Arizona instead? I wouldn't, I'll take a match up with the Vikes. Vikes have a lot of problems that we can exploit. Their running game is crap, their O-Line sucks, Favre has a history of sucking in the Playoffs, that is a favorable match up for us.

Will be highly interesting to see peoples comments in that regard once the final games are played next week ...

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
I honestly don't know whether I'd rather play the Cards or the Vikes. I think it's been clearly established that certain teams match up well against others. This is the basis for many of the upsets that occur every week. I think the Vikings know how to play against us effectively, as evidenced earlier this year, while the Cards are out of their element when playing against our division.

Also, I'd say it was pretty dominant, the way they beat us. I mean we were outplayed pretty bad in MN, and we still lost by a TD at home (if I'm not mistaken, didn't our last score come pretty late in the game anyways).

While games like DAL, PIT, and BAL give me hope that we can compete well against good teams, the Vikings clearly know how to play us. If Chilly rolls over and gives the reigns to Brett, I'd be worried that he knows us a little too well to let us off easy.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally I'd rather play the Vikings in the Divisional round or championship game. Revenge would be sweeter then. Thus I want the Packers to win(obviously), the Cowboys, and the Vikings. So we might play them in the Divisional round.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I don't see us playing our starters for the whole game, and Arizona will because they have an outside shot at the 2 seed. So we'll lose, giving us 1/3 of the equation.

Philly should beat Dallas, me thinks, so that's 2/3.

Problem is that I think the Giants are going to mail this last one in. They seemed so devastated by what happened last week, I just don't think they're up for a meaningless game. I think Minnesota wins.

That scenario gives us Arizona again. Whatever. Hopefully the bad Arizona shows up in the playoffs. They're one of those teams that either plays really really good (against Minnesota) or ungodly terrible (against San Francisco)

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see us playing our starters for the whole game, and Arizona will because they have an outside shot at the 2 seed. So we'll lose, giving us 1/3 of the equation.

Philly should beat Dallas, me thinks, so that's 2/3.

Problem is that I think the Giants are going to mail this last one in. They seemed so devastated by what happened last week, I just don't think they're up for a meaningless game. I think Minnesota wins.

That scenario gives us Arizona again. Whatever. Hopefully the bad Arizona shows up in the playoffs. They're one of those teams that either plays really really good (against Minnesota) or ungodly terrible (against San Francisco)

I agree with you except for the Giants. I think their coach and players will play to win, ending their season with a win. The pressure is all on the vikings, Giants can have fun and take chances.:viksux:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I hate to see the Vikings

Brett has that odd ability to make every one play out of their minds SOMETIMES and I think that is what happened those 2 games this past season..

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally I wouldn't want to face the Vikings at all. The reason we lost both of our matchups is because Brett knows how to exploit our porous zone defense. We give up large gaps in coverage because our defense is better suited to play man.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally I wouldn't want to face the Vikings at all. The reason we lost both of our matchups is because Brett knows how to exploit our porous zone defense. We give up large gaps in coverage because our defense is better suited to play man.

Very good analysis, grasshoppa!

The Packers can certainly stuff the Vikings' run, but who can't these days? The secret to success is stuffing the run AND providing constant pressure on Favre and for some reason, the Vikings' O-line holds up pretty well against the Packers defense - something the Vikings certainly can't say for every team they face.

It's no secret the Vikings defense is bad, but their offense "can" be good enough to combat this and that is why pressure coupled with stopping their run is so paramount. Carolina and Arizona did both and completely dominated. The Packers could do it, but Capers needs to bring something different to the table because his history against Favre is awful.

But, the Vikings have lost the heart and soul of their defense in EJ and Winfield appears to be a serious liability in coverage. Yet, it would still come down to the Packers being able to stop Favre for an entire game and I'm not confident they could do it in a controlled environment on the road.

OP
OP
T

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's always a possibilty that if they did play again, that it would be a huge shoot-out. Wouldn't even need the punters to play, just pass pass pass.

PackFanatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am happy they are in the playoffs. No matter how far or one and done this is a better ride than previous times. We do have a chance to get somewhere. The Packers are peaking at the right time.

The Drew

The Drew Cave
Reaction score
Like everyone has been saying... it is hard to beat a team 3 times in one season... it will be bitter sweet to send Favre and the Queens back home as we roll to the SB!

tfrentz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
has anyone heard that radio comercial of what I want for christmas something about the final viking drive favre throws and INT gets returned for a TD and he goes home to drink or something like that.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like everyone has been saying... it is hard to beat a team 3 times in one season... it will be bitter sweet to send Favre and the Queens back home as we roll to the SB!

Have you missed the 100 posts that have proven it is NOT more difficult to beat a team 3 times in a season???

Urban Myths simply take root and destroy the knowledge base.:banging:

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is going to a lot of crying around here I feel in 2 weeks. I have a feeling that warner is going by Bush dinner and flowers to make up for the beating he's going to put him through.

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont want to play the Vikings again in the playoffs, as sweet it would be to knock them out ourselves i think it would be a million times worse to get knocked out by Favre and lose to him a 3rd time...plus the media frenzy of another favre vs packers game would be annoyingggggg

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont want to play the Vikings again in the playoffs, as sweet it would be to knock them out ourselves i think it would be a million times worse to get knocked out by Favre and lose to him a 3rd time...plus the media frenzy of another favre vs packers game would be annoyingggggg

Not to mention the haters would really jump off the ledge.

I hope it happens and I hope the team that plays the best wins the game.

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not to mention the haters would really jump off the ledge.

I hope it happens and I hope the team that plays the best wins the game.

omg this forum would explode with arguments and hatred lol.

but yeah if they do end up playing against eachother i really hope its just decided by who plays better, no dumb penalties or anything like that. just great plays and awesome action. maybe a wild shootout with the first defense to step up and stop the others offense pulls out the W. :happy0005:

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
omg this forum would explode with arguments and hatred lol.

but yeah if they do end up playing against eachother i really hope its just decided by who plays better, no dumb penalties or anything like that. just great plays and awesome action. maybe a wild shootout with the first defense to step up and stop the others offense pulls out the W. :happy0005:

Seeing how people have reacted and commented on this Packers team in the first half of the season ... and then again after the games in Tampa and Pittsburgh ... I really don't see how that would be possible ...

I mean, both teams could actually play a great game and the game could be decided by a FG in OT or similar, however most of the fans on the losing side, would still not be able to appreciate a good game played by *both* teams, but instead either rail on about how the officiating "robbed them", how some players really sucked etc. etc ...

I have yet to see a losing teams fans simply acknowledge they got out-played by the other team ... - And not come up with a massive amount of excuses and other reasons as to why their team actually lost that game (Rams and Lions fans actually being the exception LOL) ...

And in those few instances where some fans actually give credit to the opposing team for playing well, when most of the times, then that fan will be called an obsene amount of names and berated on how little that fan knows about football etc. etc ...

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seeing how people have reacted and commented on this Packers team in the first half of the season ... and then again after the games in Tampa and Pittsburgh ... I really don't see how that would be possible ...

I mean, both teams could actually play a great game and the game could be decided by a FG in OT or similar, however most of the fans on the losing side, would still not be able to appreciate a good game played by *both* teams, but instead either rail on about how the officiating "robbed them", how some players really sucked etc. etc ...

I have yet to see a losing teams fans simply acknowledge they got out-played by the other team ... - And not come up with a massive amount of excuses and other reasons as to why their team actually lost that game (Rams and Lions fans actually being the exception LOL) ...

And in those few instances where some fans actually give credit to the opposing team for playing well, when most of the times, then that fan will be called an obsene amount of names and berated on how little that fan knows about football etc. etc ...

yeah it happens. what are ya gonna do? its the nature of being a fan, you dont want to admit defeat, especially to a rival team, so excuses are gonna be made. I cant say that ive never done that cause i definitly have, but i try not to. instead of coming on here and ranting about how bad we were ill let my anger/disappointment cool off before posting on here about the game.

but like i said its the nature of the fan of a competitive team. they think their team should win and when it doesnt happen they dont want to admit the other team was better, they look to blame the refs, a single player, etc. unfortunatley this happens, cause its rather annoying half the time.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts