Opening Day!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
funny saints fans want to bring up the past though. a couple years farther back I remember the packers beating the saints 52-3. just sayin. The whole "lets bring up the past" thing usually doesnt work out too well for other teams fan bases.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I actually think it's going to be a close game. And I also think both sides are going to play sloppy. But to come here and pump your chest out, predict a beat-down, get set straight over and over, then start trying to come up with excuses from 2008 and last year. Come on dude. Pump the brakes and enjoy the game.

If that initial prediction is what you really think; if that was more than BS bravado, I would looooooove to hear how you think the Saints O could hang 42 points on our D and how your D is going to hold our O to 17. Really? I mean, really? We're returning nearly the same defense as last year.

We lost Jenkins but are returning Burnett. The highest point total we gave up last year (including the entire playoffs) was 31 to NE, 26 to Detroit, and 25 to Pitt in the SB. And you see NO hanging 42? OK....

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Just a minor housekeeping thought; shouldn't this thread be merged with the already started official Packers/Saints thread? It makes it easier than trying to read multiple threads on the same game.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No worse than comparing the Saints going into the playoffs last year with virtually all of our RBs on IR
That wasn't a comparison by the writer. It was a statement about excuses. I think somone needs to get out their dictionary.

No need to merge this nonesense with the game day thread.

Guacamole

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually, I think the score just might be 42-17 Packers..but probably more like 24-14 Packers. I just don't see what the Saints have for offense, yeah their defense is good, but is it could enough to stop the Packer receivers? Is it good enough to get to Rodgers? Right now, the Packers weakest link is the OL. Also the Saints are trying to redeem themselves from last years playoff embarrassment and that my folks "Aint" gonna happen.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Actually, I think the score just might be 42-17 Packers..but probably more like 24-14 Packers. I just don't see what the Saints have for offense, yeah their defense is good, but is it could enough to stop the Packer receivers? Is it good enough to get to Rodgers? Right now, the Packers weakest link is the OL. Also the Saints are trying to redeem themselves from last years playoff embarrassment and that my folks "Aint" gonna happen.

I think the O line will be OK. It's the special teams that don't look that hot once again. Every time Arenas got the ball the other night, it was like watching deja vu all over again.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I think it was when we had Nolan Cromwell.

But I agree with the concern about the OL. That's a bigger key in my opinion.

G0PackG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't the S'aints have a forum somewhere? Are you looking for donations to start one? Beads won't buy a website? I could go on lol 42 points...

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
I still remember the Saints fans wearing the paper bags over their heads.

Newest version?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

morningwood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see the point in coming over to another team's message board and talking trash. If you want to come here and ask questions about the opponent, fine. If you see something stated about you own team that you think is incorrect, then respectfully point out why you think that is incorrect. Personally, I try to keep that to a minimum. You try to "correct" every post and you become nothing but a pest.

Of course, all of that only applies to a message board that belongs to decent fans. Do whatever you like on Vikings' boards.

OP
OP
SaintsWillWin

SaintsWillWin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see the point in coming over to another team's message board and talking trash. If you want to come here and ask questions about the opponent, fine. If you see something stated about you own team that you think is incorrect, then respectfully point out why you think that is incorrect. Personally, I try to keep that to a minimum. You try to "correct" every post and you become nothing but a pest.

Of course, all of that only applies to a message board that belongs to decent fans. Do whatever you like on Vikings' boards.
Did you read my initial post?

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
When they pronounce right out of the blocks that they're not at any given site to talk crap...you can assume that is the very reason they show up. I know... I used to do it....and I was a helluva lot better than THIS guy. ;)

OP
OP
SaintsWillWin

SaintsWillWin

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Seriously? Have you every heard of Drew Brees, Marques Colston, Lance Moore, Devry Henderson, Robert Meachem?

How about Pierre Thomas, Darren Sproles, Mark Ingram?

If not, those names will haunt your dreams Tgursday night!

OP
OP
SaintsWillWin

SaintsWillWin

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Show me the trash talking in my post

Hey guys!

Looking forward to a great game Thursday night!

You can tell by my screen name where my allegiance is!! lol!! I am not here to trash talk; although I do believe the Saints have the better team and will win!!

Good luck and hope no players for either team gets injuried!!

Geaux Saints!!

Kick cj]hampionship butt!!

42-17 Saints

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
I predict the game will be 167 to ummm -13 packers win then the NFL will realize were too good for everyone they will just hand us the superbowl trophy n the season will be over till the next year :)

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Yeah I think it was when we had Nolan Cromwell.

But I agree with the concern about the OL. That's a bigger key in my opinion.

It *is* surprising that the Packers only kept 8 lineman there. But the guys they have are very versatile and often interchangeable. Now that the coaches have seen where Sherrod fits best, the line will be pretty static and solid, I believe. In the preseason there was a lot of experimenting going on with Sherrod and various position swaps. That won't be happening during the regular season. But, yes, there is a concern if one of the starters goes down.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
SWW- Had you not predicted the final score to be as complete rout in favor of the Saints, your OP would have been fine.

But, by ending with that prediction, you essentially made the entire post up to that point irrelevant and actually contradictory (e.g. "great game" does not equate to such a one-sided event).

Then, by not investing any time in backing up why you thought your Saints would own the Packers so decisively, we all wrote you off as a troll. Maybe next time you join an opponent's board, I suggest taming your predictions a bit, just to avoid being labelled such so quickly.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
SWW- Had you not predicted the final score to be as complete rout in favor of the Saints, your OP would have been fine.

But, by ending with that prediction, you essentially made the entire post up to that point irrelevant and actually contradictory (e.g. "great game" does not equate to such a one-sided event).

Then, by not investing any time in backing up why you thought your Saints would own the Packers so decisively, we all wrote you off as a troll. Maybe next time you join an opponent's board, I suggest taming your predictions a bit, just to avoid being labelled such so quickly.

You're much more gracious than I am PFC. I was intending to write something similar to this, but I figured since he wasn't smart enough to figure out that predicting such a rout was "smack" I wasn't sure he could understand the explanation.
Thanks for taking the time to explain it to SWW.

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No way either team scores 42 on the other especially with heavy blitzing. Both teams are gonna try to run the ball well so their QB doesn't get killed. 24-16 Packers begin 2012 repeat season with a good win.

Members online

Latest posts