Opening Day!

morningwood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, the opponent look a like thread is something that's done on that forum every week. Some are pretty funny.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Those are pretty good. I hadn't made the Greene-Dude connection until I saw that on your site either. I can't believe I hadn't made that connection!

OP
OP
SaintsWillWin

SaintsWillWin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Drew Brees - 2nd best QB in the NFC
Colston - Jennings is much better
I wont bother with the rest of the WRs.

Sproles can catch balls but as a runner, egh. Alot to be desired.
Thomas - Is he hurt yet?
Ingram - Rookie. Wait n see.

Your perception of Jennings being "much better" than Colston is not supported by facts.

Both players entered the league in '06 and Jennings has 125 more rec yds than Colston, 5222 to 5097.

Both have 40 TD receptions

Jennings has a slightly higher avg. yds per rec than Colston: 16.2 vs 12.72

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Your perception of Jennings being "much better" than Colston is not supported by facts.

Both players entered the league in '06 and Jennings has 125 more rec yds than Colston, 5222 to 5097.

Both have 40 TD receptions

Jennings has a slightly higher avg. yds per rec than Colston: 16.2 vs 12.72
I'll play, do you really know the difference between 16.2 yards per reception and a pedestrian 12.72? My math ain't all that great but I think it's like more than 33 %.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Saints should have a good team this year. This opening game is going to be very meaningful. It could be a prelude to the NFC Championship if you are into making early and somewhat premature predictions. It's going to be interesting to see how these two match up, on all levels. The Packers have an excellent shot at back to back SB Championships. Good luck to your Saints, one thing we can all agree on is this is going to be a very good game and perphaps even a glimpse into the season and postseason.

OP
OP
SaintsWillWin

SaintsWillWin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Saints should have a good team this year. This opening game is going to be very meaningful. It could be a prelude to the NFC Championship if you are into making early and somewhat premature predictions. It's going to be interesting to see how these two match up, on all levels. The Packers have an excellent shot at back to back SB Championships. Good luck to your Saints, one thing we can all agree on is this is going to be a very good game and perphaps even a glimpse into the season and postseason.
I agree 100%.

I didnt know some Packers fans were so thin-skinned.

If this game was in December in Green Bay, I would all but concede the win to the Packers.

This game would be hard enough for the Saints t win if it was just a regular game, but being the Packers Super Bowl banner night and all the emotion that go with it, will make winning for the Saints that much harder.

Reaction score
No way either team scores 42 on the other especially with heavy blitzing. Both teams are gonna try to run the ball well so their QB doesn't get killed. 24-16 Packers begin 2012 repeat season with a good win.
Another easy way to counter the heavy blitzing are screens and quick slants.. Don't forget we have 3 powerful possession receivers in Driver, Jennings, and Finley. As soon as we get a few run attempts in early, we will see Rodgers release the ball within a second or 2 of snapping it. McCarthy is a guy who believes in rush attempts, not rushing yards. This guy likes to throw it.

OP
OP
SaintsWillWin

SaintsWillWin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TD's aren't the only measure of offensive effectiveness. Jennings is getting more yards per catch which puts the offense in a better position overall.

So to you, getting 33% more yards per catch is a better indicator of a better receiver than the TDs he scores?

I cant wait to hear how you think Rodgers is a better QB than Brees!!!

And this is not a knock against Rodgers; he is an excellent QB and will be for many years!

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So to you, getting 33% more yards per catch is a better indicator of a better receiver than the TDs he scores?

I cant wait to hear how you think Rodgers is a better QB than Brees!!!

And this is not a knock against Rodgers; he is an excellent QB and will be for many years!

Nope I didn't say that. I said TD's are only one measure of a recievers effectiveness to the offense.

Having a reading comprehension problem?

The Drew

The Drew Cave
Reaction score
SWW... May the best team win... because that is what is going to happen... and unless you can predict the future, all your jibberish is just making you look more and more like and arrogant troll!!!

Dont come into our house, drink our beer and eat up all the brats and not expect your throat to get punched!!!

Packers all day!

Members online

Latest posts