Opening Day!

SaintsWillWin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey guys!

Looking forward to a great game Thursday night!

You can tell by my screen name where my allegiance is!! lol!! I am not here to trash talk; although I do believe the Saints have the better team and will win!!

Good luck and hope no players for either team gets injuried!!

Geaux Saints!!

Kick cj]hampionship butt!!

42-17 Saints

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Ah a Saints fan on this forum.

Think 42-17 is a bit out of a league playing a defense that never was behind more than 7 points last year.

Even the papers think if you guys win it will be 4 or 3 points.

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
Haha the Packers giving up 42? I'd say the game will be a 10-point margin at most for either team.

I do like watching the Saints and think they have a great shot at representing the NFC in the Super Bowl.

OP
OP
SaintsWillWin

SaintsWillWin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A lot of people said the same thing before the Saints/Patriots MNF game in '09 and the Saints won 38-17.

Saints also became the 1st team to ever throw 5 TDs on ANY team coached by Bill Belichek.

Like I posted, it WILL be a great game between two great teams.

The Saints are trying to get to what the Packers have, a rich and long tradition of winning.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is too soon for me...I would rather not be the focal point of the nation 2 games in a row. I am also scared of the Saints and hope to come out alive. I would prefer the Browns week 1 and the Saints week 2. However...if my guy's So''oto and Lattimore get some action things will be all good.

Reaction score
A lot of people said the same thing before the Saints/Patriots MNF game in '09 and the Saints won 38-17.

Saints also became the 1st team to ever throw 5 TDs on ANY team coached by Bill Belichek.

The Saints are trying to get to what the Packers have, a rich and long tradition of winning.

No offense but how is a 42-17 game score going to be a good game?

OP
OP
SaintsWillWin

SaintsWillWin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No offense but how is a 42-17 game score going to be a good game?
It will be a good game for the Saints!! LOL!

The Saints have 4 RBs that can take the weight off of Brees and the receivers.

IMHO, the Saints have too many weapons for the Packers.

I could be wrong, and if the Packers win, I shall return and take my lumps!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEbwuehH35I

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No offense SWW but I have a very hard time accepting rival fans on here who sign up and join just before the game to do their bravado chest thumping.
I saw plenty of that last year and EVERY SINGLE RIVAL FAN of the team they represented got beaten.
They all thought they would win and each one was proven wrong.
I will sometimes peruse other team forums but I don't sign up just to proclaim the Packers are better than (Insert upcoming team here) and will win blah blah blah.

Now I respect the Saints. (Even to the point of not signing up on a Saints board to heckle.)
Especially since they beat the Vikes and once again, proved what a loser BrINT Farve is.
And I was pulling for them to win their long overdue SB.

However now that we are playing against each other, I have no choice but to go with my Packers.
Ain't gonna happen.
Packers have been winners since 1929. 13 NFL Championships. The most in the NFL.
And the Saints have just one.
Saints are never ever going to have the winning tradition the Packers have. Never.
Sorry but I see the Saints starting to become the Aint's again and that's going to start in Mr. Rodger's neighborhood of green and gold.

And remind me. Who won that playoff game of Saints vs Seahawks? Oh yeah. It was the Seahawks. (Snicker snicker snicker.)
And let me guess. Don't tell me. It wasn't the Saints fault and the Seahawks capitalized on their mistakes. Right? Riiiiight.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am glad no one has raged towards this trolling. I knew PF had a good amount of level headedness. With that being said I wont sit here and say there is no way the pack will lose, but I will say there is no way it is by that lopsided of a margin.

OP
OP
SaintsWillWin

SaintsWillWin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No offense SWW but I have a very hard time accepting rival fans on here who sign up and join just before the game to do their bravado chest thumping.
I saw plenty of that last year and EVERY SINGLE RIVAL FAN of the team they represented got beaten.
I will sometimes peruse other team forums but I don't sign up just to proclaim the Packers are better than (Insert upcoming team here) and will win blah blah blah.

Now I respect the Saints. (Even to the point of not signing up on a Saints board to heckle.)
Especially since they beat the Vikes and once again, proved what a loser BrINT Farve is.

However now that we are playing against each other, I have no choice but to go with my Packers.

Ain't gonna happen.
Packers have been winners since 1929. 13 NFL Championships. The most in the NF

I
Saints are never ever going to have the winning tradition the Packers have. Never.
Sorry but I see the Saints starting to become the Aint's again and that's going to start in Mr. Rodger's neighborhood of green and gold.

And remind me. Who won that playoff game of Saints vs Seahawks? Oh yeah. It was the Seahawks. (Snicker snicker snicker.)
And let me guess. Don't tell me. It wasn't the Saints fault and the Seahawks capitalized on their mistakes. Right? Riiiiight.

Ain't gonna happen.
Packers have been winners since 1929. 13 NFL Championships. The most in the NFL.

The Saints lost to the Seahawks for a lot of reasons. But those reasons have been corrected.

I didnt belittle the Packers win over the FalcAints in the NFCC game last year.

Considering how long the Packers have been around, trying to compare the Saints and Packers is apples and oranges.

Just a friendly little advice: Comprehension is the key!

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're so right about how the Saints have too many offensive threats for the Packers' defense to deal with. I mean with the likes of Rodgers, Grant, Finly, Driver, Jennings, Jones, Nelson, and Starks on your team... Oh wait a minute, that's our team....

Well, at least with your defense, you should be able to match up with these guys. Our offense is no match for your defense with guys like Raji, Pickett, Matthews, Bishop, Hawk, Williams, Woodson, Shields, and Collins. Oh, wait, that's our defense, isn't it.

Good luck, Saints fan. You're gonna need it. Saints are geauxing down.

Reaction score
You're so right about how the Saints have too many offensive threats for the Packers' defense to deal with. I mean with the likes of Rodgers, Grant, Finley, Driver, Jennings, Jones, Nelson, and Starks on your team... Oh wait a minute, that's our team....

Well, at least with your defense, you should be able to match up with these guys. Our offense is no match for your defense with guys like Raji, Pickett, Matthews, Bishop, Hawk, Williams, Woodson, Shields, and Collins. Oh, wait, that's our defense, isn't it.

You forgot Burnett!

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
The Saints lost to the Seahawks for a lot of reasons. But those reasons have been corrected.

Exactly how does one "belittle" a 48-21 dismantling of a team that was nearly as highly touted as their media darling QB?

OP
OP
SaintsWillWin

SaintsWillWin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're so right about how the Saints have too many offensive threats for the Packers' defense to deal with. I mean with the likes of Rodgers, Grant, Finly, Driver, Jennings, Jones, Nelson, and Starks on your team... Oh wait a minute, that's our team....

The Saints are lactose intolerant!!
Exactly how does one "belittle" a 48-21 dismantling of a team that was nearly as highly touted as their media darling QB?

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score

You forgot something.

Saints played the Patriots late in the season back in 2009.

This is the opening game, and we aren't the Detroit Lions they put 40 something points up on opening day in 2009, nor are we the Vikings that they played very sloppy against the last season opener.

Patriots back in 2009 barely won 10 games, and sorry to disappoint you, McCarthy isn't Billechek. Last year the Pats were last in the league on passing defense, we were in the top 5 and the #2 ranked defense last year. Giving up 42 points? No way....

42 to 17 won't be happening. I live a few hours from the dome, read about the Saints in the paper weekly, and they got it right in their articles a few weeks ago about it being a tough game.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score

Considering how long the Packers have been around, trying to compare the Saints and Packers is apples and oranges.

Just a friendly little advice: Comprehension is the key!

Saints lost to Seattle because of LACK OF DEPTH ON CHART.

Yeah they always say they had injuries left and right going into that game, but we won the Super Bowl missing 15 starters, so not much to say there.

So far the only problem I know that the Saints have fixed is the Running Back position. They got rid of the overpaid poster boy that got famous for dating a trashy celebrity and now they have real talent at that position. But the questions remains. Can they stop the run or will they get ran all over like last year? You know, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Atlanta, Dallas, even the Niners ran all over them.

OP
OP
SaintsWillWin

SaintsWillWin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You forgot something.

Saints played the Patriots late in the season back in 2009.

This is the opening game, and we aren't the Detroit Lions they put 40 something points up on opening day in 2009, nor are we the Vikings that they played very sloppy against the last season opener.

Patriots back in 2009 barely won 10 games, and sorry to disappoint you, McCarthy isn't Billechek. Last year the Pats were last in the league on passing defense, we were in the top 5 and the #2 ranked defense last year. Giving up 42 points? No way....

42 to 17 won't be happening. I live a few hours from the dome, read about the Saints in the paper weekly, and they got it right in their articles a few weeks ago about it being a tough game.

As long as the Saints win, I don't care if it is by 1 point or 35.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
As long as the Saints win, I don't care if it is by 1 point or 35.

How pathetic. You come on here talking all kinds of smack, predicting a 25 point win for your team and predicting they will score 42 points and now just a handful of posts later you have completely backed off to a "I don't care as long as they win" position. Have some guts. Stick with your prediction. Stand your ground or don't bother putting up the smack.

OP
OP
SaintsWillWin

SaintsWillWin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Saints lost to Seattle because of LACK OF DEPTH ON CHART.

Yeah they always say they had injuries left and right going into that game, but we won the Super Bowl missing 15 starters, so not much to say there.

So far the only problem I know that the Saints have fixed is the Running Back position. They got rid of the overpaid poster boy that got famous for dating a trashy celebrity and now they have real talent at that position. But the questions remains. Can they stop the run or will they get ran all over like last year? You know, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Atlanta, Dallas, even the Niners ran all over them.

Saints signed Shaun Rogers and Abukato Franklin, both are well known as run-stuffers.

I noticed you didnt mention signing Mark Ingram.

FYI, the Saints only lost against the Ravens.

OP
OP
SaintsWillWin

SaintsWillWin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How pathetic. You come on here talking all kinds of smack, predicting a 25 point win for your team and predicting they will score 42 points and now just a handful of posts later you have completely backed off to a "I don't care as long as they win" position. Have some guts. Stick with your prediction. Stand your ground or don't bother putting up the smack.

Wasnt talking smack.

Didnt say your team sucks, say anything about any players, were lucky to win the Super Bowl or anything like that.

Maybe my score prediction was over the top, but is not beyond the realm of possibilty; you do remember the Saints hung 50+ points on the Packers a few years ago.

Hell. the score could be 42-17, although don't see THAT happening.

I welcome anyone to our forum to talk about the game.

http://blackandgold.com/

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
\you do remember the Saints hung 50+ points on the Packers a few years ago.

That was in 2008, right? The same year that our D-coordinator lost his job and the jobs of most of his assistants? Opening the door for Dom Capers, his system, and his coaches?

Nice relevant comparison ya got there, Saints fan....

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Saints and Packers, were even.

In 2009 (2010 actually) you made packer fans very happy by beating Favra and the vikings.

In 2010 (2011 actually) we made Saints fans very happy by beating Matty Ice and Atlanta.

OP
OP
SaintsWillWin

SaintsWillWin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was in 2008, right? The same year that our D-coordinator lost his job and the jobs of most of his assistants? Opening the door for Dom Capers, his system, and his coaches?

No worse than comparing the Saints going into the playoffs last year with virtually all of our RBs on IR

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts