1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Onion: Ben Roethlisberger One Win Away From Being Good Person

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by cheesehurdler, Feb 2, 2011.

1. cheesehurdler

cheesehurdler Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +194
  2. Incubes12

Incubes12 Bay Harbor Butcher?

Ratings:
    +317
    The story of pro sports. We forgive all of your transgressions to society and your sins, as long as you entertain us with your freakishly good skills.

(See: Mike Vick)

• Like Like x 2
  3. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    Cowboys Nate Newton as well. Got a radio gig now after getting out of prison. He said it on air, if I didn't have the football connection and was just an average guy, there is no way anybody would give me another chance.

4. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,796
    He just looks like a thug.

5. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,796
    Cool that he's being honest.

6. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +473
    I remember watching that last night on Comedy Central and thinking "I know it's supposed to be funny, but it's so damn true." :icon_lol:

7. cheesehurdler

cheesehurdler Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +194
    Maybe if folks like Ted Bundy, Charles Manson, O.J. Simpson, the Unabomber, and Saddam Hussein suddenly become football players and each win the Superbowl, we'll all magically forget their crimes against humanity and have ESPN deem winning a championship of an escapist sport their "redemption", instead of, you know, donating funds to curing cancer or AIDS or feeding starving children in Africa or some meaningless drivel.

8. Pegger Packer

Pegger Packer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +114
    Funny stuff, loved the little newsbreak "Mike Vick still dog-murderer after Wild-card loss" haha

• Like Like x 2
  9. LombardiChick

LombardiChick Win or lose, I love this team.

Ratings:
    +682
    O.J. Simpson is an excellent example of this phenomenon, actually. Proof positive an NFL star can get away with quite a lot and still be absolved by a segment of the population. I personally know someone who doesn't believe O.J. killed his wife and Ron Goldman, and there is no reasoning with him at all. Won't even concede the possibility.

P.S. I love The Onion. Hilarious stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Steeler Tim

Steeler Tim Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +25
    It's a sad but true statement about our society. We do forgive a lot if the person is famous. I do think there is a big difference between people like Vick and Leonard Little versus Kobe and Big Ben. In the first case these people were convicted. With the other two it is all innuendo and media hype where we don't know what happened. I think that is a big difference between the two.

There is also the reverse. I don't think Dante Stalworth would have been convicted or even charged except he was famous. A guy runs out in the middle of the road in front of his car. Not a lot he could do.

11. TheSnowPlow

TheSnowPlow Driving Don Shula Crazy

Ratings:
    +491
    Probably having alcohol in his system (iirc, he wasn't actually legally drunk, but still...) didn't help him any, either.

12. VolvoD

VolvoD Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +653
    TheSnowPlow, you gotta change your signature pic man, its too damn scary.

13. TheSnowPlow

TheSnowPlow Driving Don Shula Crazy

Ratings:
    +491
    But it's a good luck picture. I'm afraid to change it. :snack: