On to the Vikings - noon week 6

D

Deleted member 6794

I think if you ask Colin K....he may feel that he owes Capers and the Packers a chunk of the big paycheck he got.

Unfortunately it would take way too much time to assemble data to either support or refute your gut feeling about it. ;) Kaepernick definitely had his best performances against the Packers though.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Unfortunately it would take way too much time to assemble data to either support or refute your gut feeling about it. ;) Kaepernick definitely had his best performances against the Packers though.

How much time do I need to give you? ;) LOL

I did some "browsing" of games over the last 5 or so years, to come up with those names, probably missed a few in the process and who knows pre 2010. As I said, just a gut and some stats to confirm it, but facing a below average QB isn't much of a guarantee that we will shut that team down. Let's hope Keenum bucks the trend, if there is one. ;)

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it's the qb's with legs that usually kill us. dak was every bit as good as AR was last weekend.

Capers defenses struggle against mobile QB's. Luckily Keenum is not mobile.

We should win easily. Biggest concern is Lane Taylor against Griffen/Hunter.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Capers defenses struggle against mobile QB's. Luckily Keenum is not mobile.

While case isn't a great rusher. He has 10 rushing first downs over the past season plus. He has more mobility than bradford

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Two banged up teams. I kinda feel bad about the Vikings losing Dalvin Cook for the season. He looked like the real deal. Add to that Bradford and Diggs out and the Vikings are in worse shape IMO. Their starting QB and their 2 major offensive weapons.

D

Deleted member 6794

it's the qb's with legs that usually kill us. dak was every bit as good as AR was last weekend.

Rodgers had the last laugh though as he led the Packers on the game winning drive and didn't throw a pick six.

Hopefully Bakhtiari returns to start at left tackle. Taylor should be fine lining up at guard.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup. Vike's WR's are mediocre.

Code:
                           Rec     Yrds.   YPC
1 Antonio Brown     PIT     40     545    13.6
2 A.J. Green      CIN       32     504    15.8
3 T.Y. Hilton      IND      24     466    19.4
4 Keenan Allen      LAC     28     401    14.3
5 Stefon Diggs      MIN     23     395    17.2
6 Adam Thielen      MIN     29     392    13.5
19 Davante Adams     GB     23     285    12.4
48 Jordy Nelson      GB     19     230    12.1

Okay, you win. They're awesome.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A big key to this game will be if the vikings TE's and wrs (not named thielen get involved). They have not been good so far accounting for around just 250 from TE's and non diggs and thielen wrs. The Packers by contrast have over 600 yards from TE's and non nelson and adams wrs. With diggs out Treadwell and Floyd wi have to step up

H

HardRightEdge

My mistake. Thanks for the reminder.
You're welcome!

I tuned into the Bears/Vikes game around the middle of the 3rd. quarter. I don't know what happened, but Chuckie was talking about the Bears having run out of LBs, down to their #4 ILB. That is not possible either.

On a lighter note, that was a dismal display of NFL football right there. I have a hard time thinking this Viking team poses any threat with that offense.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
You're welcome!

I tuned into the Bears/Vikes game around the middle of the 3rd. quarter. I don't know what happened, but Chuckie was talking about the Bears having run out of LBs, down to their #4 ILB. That is not possible either.

On a lighter note, that was a dismal display of NFL football right there. I have a hard time thinking this Viking team poses any threat with that offense.

I don't feel bad for them, because LOL, but if it wasn't a division rival I probably would. You lose your promising young QB, replace him with a 1st round pick via trade, that guy gets hurt, and you end up with Case Keenum. Plus you lose your new RB, who in full disclosure I didn't think would be good. And now your breakout stud WR is out. And all of this when the OL is finally capable enough not to tank the whole unit.

So like I said, LOL. And also I agree-- this offense ain't taking them anywhere.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Hopefully Bakhtiari returns to start at left tackle. Taylor should be fine lining up at guard.[/QUOTE]
--------------

Channel 26-Green Bay said Bakhtiari is likely out...but, they also identified Zimmer as "Packers coach" ... So here's hoping

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Make no mistake, tomorrow comes down to how our offense performs against that defense.

H

HardRightEdge

but,they also identified Zimmer as "Packers coach" ... So here's hoping
Pardon me for asking, but what is that supposed to mean?

Anyway, Rodgers is 4-4 against Zimmer defenses according to a graphic displayed during the Bears/Vikings game. I cannot vouch for it's accuracy.

To repeat, I did not see much that impressed in that Bears game.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The

Anyway, Rodgers is 4-4 against Zimmer defenses according to a graphic displayed during the Bears/Vikings game. I cannot vouch for it's accuracy.

To repeat, I did not see much that impressed in that Bears game.
Vikings looked that way last year in week 1 .... And then they beat us the next week in Minnesota.... I never look forward to facing the Vikings in Minn.

D

Deleted member 6794

That's true. Rodgers lost both games against the Bengals when Zimmer was their defensive coordinator while being 4-2 vs. the Vikings since the start of the 2014 season.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Also, which team scores more points than the other.

Yeah...yeah...yeah... I get it. Point is that we know Green Bay's defense is going to make Minnesota's offense look capable.

To win this thing, the offense is going to HAVE to function at a higher level than it has against marginal defenses. In 5 games, the Vikes have allowed 9 tds...the pack?...13. So...yeah... 23-21...either way...coin flip on who has 23.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score

The same TV station that identified Mike Zimmer as the coach of the Packers, said Bahk likely wouldn't play...they got the basic I.D. of the Vikes coach wrong...there's a good possibility they're wrong on Bahk too.

D

Deleted member 6794

Yeah...yeah...yeah... I get it. Point is that we know Green Bay's defense is going to make Minnesota's offense look capable.

To win this thing, the offense is going to HAVE to function at a higher level than it has against marginal defenses. In 5 games, the Vikes have allowed 9 tds...the pack?...13. So...yeah... 23-21...either way...coin flip on who has 23.

On the other hand the Packers offense has scored a total of 17 touchdowns with the Vikings having only 11 so far.

It's interesting that Minnesota ranks ahead of Green Bay in overall passer rating in 2017 at the moment though.

Members online

Latest posts