On to the Vikings - noon week 6

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A lot can change in the second half but that was one of the worst halves of football I have seen at any level. The bears killed themselves with penalties and the turnover. The Vikings were just awful. Cleveland browns bad

H

HardRightEdge

dude... if Bradford plays this could be closer than we think... I hate to say that
Bradford ripped the first team in preseason with the Eagles in 2015. Then last season he put up 121.2 and 110.6 passer ratings against the Packers with 5 TDs and 0 INTs. He seems to have the knack. Facing Keenum instead would be a gift.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Vikings beat the bears with a decent second half. The offense was better for sure. Keenum dinked and dunked his way down the field for one score and McKinnon broke a long run. The fg at the end was a gift from a rookie qb. The bears got in their own way a lot on offense. So many penalties taking away points or first downs and the two turnovers.

There is no way I see Bradford playing on short rest. It will be interesting to see if diggs is limited with the groin injury. We will be facing Keenum and likely see more out of McKinnon than Murray. The Vikings oline showed a lot of pass protection issues as well which let to the short passing game. Honestly the offense even in the second half looked similar to last year. To adjust to bad pass protection they went to short passes to the te and rbs. This will be a big game for our lbs and safeties.

The Vikings defense gave up yards on the ground for the second straight week. This week was more surprising because it seemed like they could sell out for the run with a rookie. They obviously won't be able to do that next week. I expect Jones and ty if he plays to fund some room. Packers need to not give the vikings points of turnovers like the bears didn't gift wrapping 6 points.

On anside not trubisky has some talent for sure. Will be interesting to see how he progresses. That wr core may be the worst in the nfl

D

Deleted member 6794

The Vikings defense gave up yards on the ground for the second straight week. This week was more surprising because it seemed like they could sell out for the run with a rookie. They obviously won't be able to do that next week. I expect Jones and ty if he plays to fund some room. Packers need to not give the vikings points of turnovers like the bears didn't gift wrapping 6 points.

The Vikings still present the best run defense the Packers have faced all season, allowing an average of only 80 yards per game. It would be huge to be able to run the ball against them on Sunday to slow down their pass rush.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Vikings still present the best run defense the Packers have faced all season, allowing an average of only 80 yards per game. It would be huge to be able to run the ball against them on Sunday to slow down their pass rush.

No doubt the Vikings have a good run defense - 3.3 ypa is great - but they have faced just one team inside the top 20 in rushing and that was the bears who ran well. Detroit who outside of their game against the vikings is one the worst running teams also put up good yardage so the opportunities will be there. Honestly if the Packers have 80 to 100 yards from rbs we are in great shape. We just can't be forced to be one dimensional. The last two weeks the Packers running game has shown life it doesn't need to be as good as against Dallas (and it won't) but if it is as good as against the bears that would be great

Last edited:

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Linsley's pass protection was atrocious at times vs. the Cowboys with him not even getting a hand on Irving occasionally.

We'll have to disagree.

Linsley is one of the best centers in the league. Consistently good. He missed a block or two against Irving, but Irving is a tough block for an interior guy.

I would have to see the play(s) you're mentioning, do you have clips for those? Then we can get a better idea for who had responsibility for who, etc.

Thanks.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Linsley is very good. He was not last Sunday at Dallas. It happens.

D

Deleted member 6794

Linsley is one of the best centers in the league. Consistently good. He missed a block or two against Irving, but Irving is a tough block for an interior guy.

I would have to see the play(s) you're mentioning, do you have clips for those? Then we can get a better idea for who had responsibility for who, etc.

Linsley generally is one of the best centers in the league but struggled in pass protection on Sunday. I don't have any clips to share but just take a look at Irving's first sack as an example.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any road game is the division is tough. The Vikings can generate pressure without having to blitz. Rhodes is very good at cb and obviously Harrison Smith is very good too. I think we can get yards on Newman, Waynes, Alexander and sendejo but it won't be like this past week. The Vikings also gave up quite a few rushing yards to Abdullah so maybe we can stayed balanced.

I do feel like the defense can make the vikings one dimensional but the vikings will put up yards through that dimension. The pass rush will be key here.

We have no idea what the vikings offense really is. Their two wins came against two of the four worst defenses in the NFL giving up 5.8 and 6.2 yards per play. One loss was against Detroit who ranks in the middle at 19th with 5.4 yards per play (close to the Packers 5.3). And then one loss to a top end defense pitt (although to be fair so far Pitt has played Jax, Cleveland, Minnesota, the bears and ravens - only Minnesota is in the top 20).

So they haven't been tested except with Pittsburgh and that was with their backup qb so they get a pass.

Should be a tough game.

Bradford got hurt again last night though.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Linsley did not have his best game, but overall he's pretty good. I actually think Tretter was our better option, but you can't pay everyone and they difference wasn't huge. not enough to justify paying him and keeping linsley as the back up.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Linsley did not have his best game, but overall he's pretty good. I actually think Tretter was our better option, but you can't pay everyone and they difference wasn't huge. not enough to justify paying him and keeping linsley as the back up.

Plus they had another cheap, rookie deal year on Linsley.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Lions signed Datone Jones today. Wonder if we will get to see him twice or just like with the Vikings, he isn't a fit.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really hope Burnett is healthy. The Vikings went to a very short passing game and there will be a lot responsibility on Martinez, Jones, and Burnett. I think Clay perry Daniels and others can get pressure if the vikings try to go downfield but we can give them the short stuff that Witten got all day

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We should get our running game going early on. And then mix it up with short passing to TEs.

That Jordy TD last game was a classic case where they clearly expected us to run the ball only to give Jordy a freebie (They ought to have provided some popcorn too, Jordy was feeling all alone there!)

If the D gives us a decent show, we'll take this one with less complications.

Reaction score
While I understand this is a road game and the Vikings have a good Defense, this game doesn't scare me at all.
While I didn't actually watch the Monday night game live, the highlights and the play by play was quite amusing. It was like the Bobbsey twins meet Frick and Frack.
While MN is a very beatable opponent it IS a road game and a Division game which propels you statistically in the long term. We need this W to keep up in the standings with the Lions around the corner
I'm feeling very good if we win this one and then play Bree's at Lambeau going into a Bye. I sense Daniels will get more confidence with each passing week.
We need an injury free win and we could be getting healthy here soon. This setup for the Lions coming into a healthy GB squad is coming into focus.

Last edited:

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
We should get our running game going early on. And then mix it up with short passing to TEs.

That Jordy TD last game was a classic case where they clearly expected us to run the ball only to give Jordy a freebie (They ought to have provided some popcorn too, Jordy was feeling all alone there!)

If the D gives us a decent show, we'll take this one with less complications.
Plus Rodgers read the coverage beautifully, and signaled the perfect check to Jordy.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
finally a noon game. division games are always very tough. coming off the dal game this min game is setting up like a trap game. hopefully there'll be a sense of urgency considering the injuries, game location, and standings.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
finally a noon game. division games are always very tough. coming off the dal game this min game is setting up like a trap game. hopefully there'll be a sense of urgency considering the injuries, game location, and standings.

There is no way this is a trap game. It is a division game, on the road, against a team that plays us really tough. If we lose it isn't because we were expecting an easy game. It will be because the vikings just beat us. They are solid. I think the Packers are better and should win but last I saw the vikings were being picked to win by some projections

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is no way this is a trap game. It is a division game, on the road, against a team that plays us really tough. If we lose it isn't because we were expecting an easy game. It will be because the vikings just beat us. They are solid. I think the Packers are better and should win but last I saw the vikings were being picked to win by some projections
i'm just saying/thinking that with the min qb/rb situation being unstable, min coming off a monday game, and with the Packers coming off such an emotional win here in dal, that there might be a bit of a let down. Packers leadership needs to makes sure that doesn't happen. i've got a feeling this is going to be knock-down drag-out because the Packers take a while to get serious.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i'm just saying/thinking that with the min qb/rb situation being unstable, min coming off a monday game, and with the Packers coming off such an emotional win here in dal, that there might be a bit of a let down. Packers leadership needs to makes sure that doesn't happen. i've got a feeling this is going to be knock-down drag-out because the Packers take a while to get serious.

Well I hope not. They have a chance to really bury Minnesota in the standings if the win. Minnesota would move to 1-2 in the division with 2 home losses. That would be a big blow. Minnesota needs this game. They still have to travel to gb, Detroit, Atlanta and Carolina.

Members online

Latest posts