On to the Vikings - noon week 6

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
After watching some of the Bears-Vikings game last night, I would almost prefer Bradford trying to suit up and go on Sunday. When healthy, he is a better QB than Keenum, but he looked less than healthy and very rusty last night.

IMO, the division comes down to the Lions and Packers. Vikings took a big hit with the loss of Cook and Bradford is going to take some time to heal.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After watching some of the Bears-Vikings game last night, I would almost prefer Bradford trying to suit up and go on Sunday. When healthy, he is a better QB than Keenum, but he looked less than healthy and very rusty last night.

IMO, the division comes down to the Lions and Packers. Vikings took a big hit with the loss of Cook and Bradford is going to take some time to heal.

I'm thinking the same thing. One thing I am excited about is giving the Vikes a heavy dose of Aaron Jones. Work in a few draws with him and the Vikes D could get caught off guard like the Cowboys were last game. He does well here and the takeover as number 1 RB could be complete.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dallas D is swiss cheese. I would not go by that game regarding Aaron Jones and his future. Lets see what he does against a elite defense like the Vikings first. One thing we know for sure, Rodgers will be pressured a lot against the Vikes. Their pass rush is top notch.

NJPackfan..

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dallas D is swiss cheese. I would not go by that game regarding Aaron Jones and his future. Lets see what he does against a elite defense like the Vikings first. One thing we know for sure, Rodgers will be pressured a lot against the Vikes. Their pass rush is top notch.

Rodgers got sacked four times by swiss cheese ? Good thing it wasn't meunster !

Dirty Sanchez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My thoughts:

We gotta guard against a letdown here. Today's road win was big regardless of Dallas's latest debacles. We needed 4-1 to stay with the top dogs fighting for that 1 seed. With Keenum under center and Dalvin Cook still out I believe, we should be able to take this. But gotta watch out for Stephon Diggs to make sure he doesn't have a big one.
Agreed, but I'm thinking the Packers are not about to overlook anyone at this point. Go Pack!

D

Deleted member 6794

i'm just saying/thinking that with the min qb/rb situation being unstable, min coming off a monday game, and with the Packers coming off such an emotional win here in dal, that there might be a bit of a let down. Packers leadership needs to makes sure that doesn't happen. i've got a feeling this is going to be knock-down drag-out because the Packers take a while to get serious.

I don't expect there to be any sort of letdown by the Packers entering a division game on the road.

I'm thinking the same thing. One thing I am excited about is giving the Vikes a heavy dose of Aaron Jones. Work in a few draws with him and the Vikes D could get caught off guard like the Cowboys were last game. He does well here and the takeover as number 1 RB could be complete.

The Vikings run defense is significantly better than the Cowboys one though. With teams having a ton of film on Jones after Sunday's game I don't expect Zimmer to be caught off guard by the Packers using him extensively.

It will be important for the Packers to run the ball successfully to keep the Vikings' pass rushers honest. In addition getting Bakhtiari back for this game would be huge.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A lot can change in the second half but that was one of the worst halves of football I have seen at any level. The bears killed themselves with penalties and the turnover. The Vikings were just awful. Cleveland browns bad

The Vikings have a good, albeit not elite, defense.

Offensively, yes, they're pretty bad.

They were counting a great deal on Dalvin Cook. He's gone.

The QB position, the most important position in football, is a mess. Bradford is hurt again, as he has often been throughout his career, and even when healthy he's a middle-of-the-pack QB. Case Keenum is a capable veteran back-up, but he's not taking anyone to the Super Bowl. Bridgewater is set to come off IR soon if the reports are to be believed, and he does some things well, but he's unlikely ever to become an elite QB in this league. Three guys, all offering various degrees of mediocrity.

Wide receivers? There's Stefon Diggs, and Adam Theilen. Not bad, not great. Again, mediocrity.

Kyle Rudolph is a productive TE, and is likely to get a lot of targets. This offense, however, will be hard-pressed to hit 21 points in any given game, against any given defense.

Home field advantage and the absence of Jordy Nelson will help the Vikings on Sunday, but I don't think enough for them to beat the gane's best QB. Give Green Bay the edge in this one.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Home field advantage and the absence of Jordy Nelson will help the Vikings on Sunday, but I don't think enough for them to beat the gane's best QB. Give Green Bay the edge in this one.

Hoping to have Jordy on Sunday, he seems to want to believe there won't be any issues. It is interesting how he and the Packers won't address why he wasn't in on that last series. I guess trying to prevent other teams from knowing of an injury that they might be able to target?

What are the exact rules of injury disclosure?

http://fox11online.com/sports/packers-and-nfl/jordy-nelson-update-his-injury-from-sunday

ls1bob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I doubt we see Bradford if reports on NFL radio are true. I heard this morning that he is suffering from ligament swelling in his surgically repaired knee,not a bone bruise as was reported in the beginning. How can doctors and trainers be that far off on diagnosis? I know he looked like he was playing through severe discomfort right before halftime Monday night.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I doubt we see Bradford if reports on NFL radio are true. I heard this morning that he is suffering from ligament swelling in his surgically repaired knee,not a bone bruise as was reported in the beginning. How can doctors and trainers be that far off on diagnosis? I know he looked like he was playing through severe discomfort right before halftime Monday night.

I sometimes find myself feeling frustrated by what at times appears to be an overly-cautious approach the Packers take with regard to injuries. After seeing how the Vikings handled Bradford, however, I'm appreciative of the fact that McCarthy & Co. err on the side of caution and don't rush hurt players back onto the field before they're ready.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's not that uncommon actually. only about 30% of initial diagnosis are completely accurate. 20-30% (depending on what literature you want to believe) are completely erroneous and overall over 60% of initial diagnosis are altered to something similar or have additions to them. and it's easy to do. I don't think people in general have enough appreciation for what the body is capable of doing and how it works and what can go wrong. If they did, they'd treat themselves better, and realize just how difficult getting to the root of a problem can be. Just take the simple act of throwing up. How many things can cause that symptom. You have a kid that's been sitting outside at a beachside resort that presents with listlessness and vomiting. What's your diagnosis? was it too much sun? did he sneak some booze? heat stroke? play too hard? eat some bad chicken? a combination of a couple things? drank some cleaning agent under the sink? Flu? other GI bug? life threatening? just needs rest? fluids? was it caused by too many fluids in the first place?

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Vikings run defense is significantly better than the Cowboys one though. With teams having a ton of film on Jones after Sunday's game I don't expect Zimmer to be caught off guard by the Packers using him extensively.

Still better than our recent list of previous backs we rushed at em with though.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i could be wrong but i think they've already ruled him out. according to minn he reinjured his knee. he was said to be good-to-go from the doctors and bradford told them he was fine.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
The Vikings have a good, albeit not elite, defense.

Offensively, yes, they're pretty bad.

They were counting a great deal on Dalvin Cook. He's gone.

The QB position, the most important position in football, is a mess. Bradford is hurt again, as he has often been throughout his career, and even when healthy he's a middle-of-the-pack QB. Case Keenum is a capable veteran back-up, but he's not taking anyone to the Super Bowl. Bridgewater is set to come off IR soon if the reports are to be believed, and he does some things well, but he's unlikely ever to become an elite QB in this league. Three guys, all offering various degrees of mediocrity.

Wide receivers? There's Stefon Diggs, and Adam Theilen. Not bad, not great. Again, mediocrity.

Kyle Rudolph is a productive TE, and is likely to get a lot of targets. This offense, however, will be hard-pressed to hit 21 points in any given game, against any given defense.

Yup. Vike's WR's are mediocre.

Code:
                           Rec     Yrds.   YPC
1 Antonio Brown     PIT     40     545    13.6
2 A.J. Green      CIN       32     504    15.8
3 T.Y. Hilton      IND      24     466    19.4
4 Keenan Allen      LAC     28     401    14.3
5 Stefon Diggs      MIN     23     395    17.2
6 Adam Thielen      MIN     29     392    13.5
19 Davante Adams     GB     23     285    12.4
48 Jordy Nelson      GB     19     230    12.1

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

Code:
                           Rec     Yrds.   YPC

Imagine if they weren't playing for a mediocre team ;)

D

Deleted member 6794

Hoping to have Jordy on Sunday, he seems to want to believe there won't be any issues. It is interesting how he and the Packers won't address why he wasn't in on that last series. I guess trying to prevent other teams from knowing of an injury that they might be able to target?

What are the exact rules of injury disclosure?

http://fox11online.com/sports/packers-and-nfl/jordy-nelson-update-his-injury-from-sunday

The Packers listed Nelson as a full participant during Wednesday's practice but disclosed that he suffered a back injury on Sunday.

Still better than our recent list of previous backs we rushed at em with though.

True, I was just pointing out that Zimmer won't be caught off guard by the Packers using Jones as the primary back on Sunday.

i could be wrong but i think they've already ruled him out. according to minn he reinjured his knee. he was said to be good-to-go from the doctors and bradford told them he was fine.

I don't believe the Vikings have already ruled out Bradford for Sunday's game but it's highly unlikely he will be able to play.

Code:
                           Rec     Yrds.   YPC

Diggs and Thielen are definitely better than mediocre. You have to consider the Packers have a ton of other weapons when comparing their numbers to Adams and Nelson though.

D

Deleted member 6794

Ahmad Brooks (back), Morgan Burnett (hamstring), Kevin King (concussion) and Joe Thomas didn't practice on Wednesday. David Bakhtiari, Bryan Bulaga and Davon House were limited participants.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's because they aren't.

And Bradford isn't mediocre, and neither is Bridgewater.

Rodgers
Stafford
Wilson
Prescott
Brees
Newton
Ryan
Carr
Rivers
Brady
Luck
Smith
Cousins

All guys who are ahead of Bradford. Flacco, Manning and a few others could be debated as well

Marriota
Winston
Wentz
Goff
Watson

Are all guys who teams would pick ahead of Bridgewater if building a team as well.

They are mediocre qbs. Not trying to be mean. Part of Bradford's mediocrity is his inability to stay healthy. He also has never really won games consistently

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ahmad Brooks (back), Morgan Burnett (hamstring), Kevin King (concussion) and Joe Thomas didn't practice on Wednesday. David Bakhtiari, Bryan Bulaga and Davon House were limited participants.

Really hoping king and Burnett can play. Once Keenum came in it was all passes to rbs and TE's. We need guys out there so the vikings can't methodically work their way down the field and then open it up to long pass plays to diggs (if he is healthy) and theilen

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bradford can throw a really a nice ball, but as you said, he's never healthy. Bridgewater never really took a big step forward after showing some promise and then a devastating injury took him out and is keeping him out. Who knows of that kid will ever be the same or play again. but no way are Diggs and Thielen just mediocre. I wouldn't trade them for our starters, but I also probably wouldn't be trading them if they were our starters either.

Members online

Latest posts