On to the Vikings - noon week 6

case nicholson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All I know is according to the fpi vikings are gonna win. WHAT? oh, i forgot how good case keenum was

case nicholson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it is a system used to tell who has the best chance of winning, if you go on the espn app and click on the game it gives you the fpi prediction

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't pay attention to espn either. That would explain it. They became The View for men a decade ago. Lost me then

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My thoughts:

We gotta guard against a letdown here. Today's road win was big regardless of Dallas's latest debacles. We needed 4-1 to stay with the top dogs fighting for that 1 seed. With Keenum under center and Dalvin Cook still out I believe, we should be able to take this. But gotta watch out for Stephon Diggs to make sure he doesn't have a big one.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bradford should be back by week 6. He has to be licking his chops looking at the pathethic defense today. Packers can win if they control the clock and keep their defense off of the field. If Jordy is out for an extended time the red zone offense will suffer dearly.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dude... if Bradford plays this could be closer than we think... I hate to say that

I really don't know what else needs to be done to fix this defense... it's HORRIBLE lol

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Vikings are a good team. Their defense can give us trouble and as usual, we have some trouble giving up big plays on defense. we can only play defense 2 out of 3 plays and Thielen and Diggs can eat up the field in chunks.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
This game (as all division games) has me uneasy. Mike Zimmer has our number. The Vikings are built to absolutely destroy our oline and kill Aaron Rodgers. We need to see the same production in our run game that we saw last night. Let's also hope that Kevin King is suited back up, because we all know how amazing Demarious Randall and Quintin Rollins's are in coverage. And Thielen and Diggs are among the top 20 recievers in the league right now. Pray for Rodgers life Sunday friends!

D

Deleted member 6794

This game (as all division games) has me uneasy. Mike Zimmer has our number. The Vikings are built to absolutely destroy our oline and kill Aaron Rodgers. We need to see the same production in our run game that we saw last night. Let's also hope that Kevin King is suited back up, because we all know how amazing Demarious Randall and Quintin Rollins's are in coverage. And Thielen and Diggs are among the top 20 recievers in the league right now. Pray for Rodgers life Sunday friends!

Hopefully Bakhtiari will be able to play on Sunday resulting in the interior of the offensive line being solidified with Taylor moving back to guard. Linsley has to step up his game though.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I don't feel Zimmer has our number any more than any other Viking coach that ever coached there. He's about 50/50 and seems like much less the thorn that Lovie Smith was in Chicago when Favre still played here.

Having said that ...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...vs-bears-despite-knee-injury-says-mike-zimmer

If that holds true, he'll probably be playing Sunday and he did do well against us. Possibility of course though is that them coming off a possibly a highly physical game in Chicago and a shorter week could mean a bit more fatigue for them and a little more play to our advantage.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow, all of this sounds bleak and downcast. They have to play yet tonight. I think the Vikings have more to worry about than we do in terms of the game Sunday.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hopefully Bakhtiari will be able to play on Sunday resulting in the interior of the offensive line being solidified with Taylor moving back to guard. Linsley has to step up his game though.

His snapping, yes. Linsley's blocking is very good.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
His snapping, yes. Linsley's blocking is very good.
Linsley almost got Rodgers killed on more than one occasion yesterday afternoon allowing a free blitzer to have a straight shot. Could it be because he's trying to over compensate for McCray? Perhaps.

No doubt that the low snaps were frustrating.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any road game is the division is tough. The Vikings can generate pressure without having to blitz. Rhodes is very good at cb and obviously Harrison Smith is very good too. I think we can get yards on Newman, Waynes, Alexander and sendejo but it won't be like this past week. The Vikings also gave up quite a few rushing yards to Abdullah so maybe we can stayed balanced.

I do feel like the defense can make the vikings one dimensional but the vikings will put up yards through that dimension. The pass rush will be key here.

We have no idea what the vikings offense really is. Their two wins came against two of the four worst defenses in the NFL giving up 5.8 and 6.2 yards per play. One loss was against Detroit who ranks in the middle at 19th with 5.4 yards per play (close to the Packers 5.3). And then one loss to a top end defense pitt (although to be fair so far Pitt has played Jax, Cleveland, Minnesota, the bears and ravens - only Minnesota is in the top 20).

So they haven't been tested except with Pittsburgh and that was with their backup qb so they get a pass.

Should be a tough game.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had to renew my SeriusXM radio subscription ( last used in 2011) so I can listen to the game since I will be driving family back from northern Cal this Sunday from a family gathering. Looking forward to a great game.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts