On to the Regular Season

G

Put on your Green & Gold glasses and pretend the Packers are a good team.

Maybe the Packers can pull off another NFC North title.

Leave the NFC Championship and the Super Bowl to the good teams.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OBVIOUSLY -- NOT a Packers fan.....

Send your address and we'll all chip in for some Cheese and mail it to ya! :mrgreen:

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Larry, we just got rid of Mr. Negativity on here Steel Wheels. If you have nothing nice to say, why not just pack up and visit the Lions forum? :comp:

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
"Some would relish the opportunity to play for the most storied team in all of sports - then there's Cletidus Hunt." Said by who?

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Larry Tagg said:

oh who are you?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
PackerChick said:
Larry Tagg said:

oh who are you?

Someone who is a waste of the interwebs harddrive??

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh, let him drivel.... I take it as an advantage to point out "WHY" I think the Pack have what it takes this year... even though the bandwagon "appears" to be headed the other way with the MSM (main-stream-media).

Let him post why he thinks the Pack are thru..... (my packer mug is half-full, not half-empty)

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look at it this way. If the Packers do well then you can rub it in. If they suck then he was right and you have nothing to be upset with him about.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Phil,

YOU ought to know about sucking.

Sign in Chicago reads... Hwy 41, Bears 7

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is only one person who uses the phrase: "Put on your green and gold glasses."

My gut feeling is "Chase is Back."

He must have found his real Father just outside a Navy base and layed a guilt trip on him. He must of said: " Dad.... The one thing you can do for me is post this message on the Packerforum, Ryan has cut off all messages from my zip code here at the trailer."

RP

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obi1 said:
Phil,

YOU ought to know about sucking.

I have seen many teams that sucked...including the Packers who sucked big time for over 20 years after Lombardi left. Peaks and valleys Obi1, peaks and valleys. Remember these days?
From Packers News.com
On Dec. 24, 1972, the Packers faced the Washington Redskins in the nation's capital. The Redskins won that first-round playoff game, 16-3. It would be the last time the Packers would appear in post-season for another decade.
Much to the delight of Packer fans, Bart Starr was hired to coach at Green Bay. Starr's teams did enjoy some successes, but mostly the 1970s were a dismal time for the Packers. The closest Green Bay came to getting back in the playoffs during the '70s was in 1978 when the Packers finished 8-7-1.
When the 1980s began, the Packers found themselves playing in the long shadow of the 1960s, their glory years. Green Bay fans had found little to cheer about through the 1970s.
Bart Starr, one of the greatest quarterbacks ever to play the game, was still much appreciated, even as a struggling and fallible coach. But on the field, the Packers were a study in mediocrity.
Despite being one the greatest players of his era, Bart Starr was only mediocre as a coach. For the rest of the decade, the Packers never came close to matching the glory they had enjoyed during the 1960s.
In 1983 Packers hired another former Green Bay great, Forrest Gregg, to take over as head coach. Gregg was given a five-year contract. His tenure started on a bright note as the Packers opened their 1984 season with a 24-23 victory over the St. Louis Cardinals. But during the season, Green Bay lost seven straight games to finish at 8-8. Gregg's second season produced another 8-8 record. In 1986 and 1987, under Gregg, the Packers had two losing seasons. Gregg compiled a 25-37-1 record.
Lindy Infante was hired to take over as Packers coach.
His first season was anything but brilliant as the Packers suffered through a 4-12 season. Things got brighter in 1989. Green Bay finished with a 10-6 record, its best in 17 years. An oddity of the season was that the Packers won four games that season by one point.
More misery returned in 1990, even though Green Bay's executive committee had decided to extend Infante's contract. The Packers got off to a decent start, winning six of their first 11 games of the 1990 season. But any chances that Green Bay would have had at returning to the playoffs were dashed as the Packers ended the season with five straight losses.
The picture got no brighter in 1991. Infante's team finished with a 4-12 record. On December 22, 1991, Infante was fired

Tom Perry
Press-Gazette

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And I underswtand your dismay and trepidation in posting Packer doom. Your bears have been 2-18 vs. the Packers in the last 10 years...

With NO relief in site for years to come, I can see how frustrated you could be.

It does hurt when your team is playing OVER their head and manging 5-11 seasons.

Bears will once again fall to the Packers, overachieve by beating the Vikings once and finish with a mighty 4-12 record. With NO offense, the defense will have to carry the team yet again.

Sad...

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SlickVision said:
"Some would relish the opportunity to play for the most storied team in all of sports - then there's Cletidus Hunt." Said by who?

Me. Notice my sig is changed. Before you ask by who, it was me again! :D

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Phil- Most Packer fans have long ago let the past go and havean a 136-72 win-loss record since 1992, best of any NFL franchise during the last 13 years. We are a community owned Football franchise and do not have a owner like The McCaskey clan. Our present Head Coach Mike Sherman has a five year coaching record 53-27, winning % .663. During this 13 year period Packer participated in two Super Bowls- won one, and participated in 20 playoff games. The Packer Franchise has NFL best 12 NFL Championship. Lambeau Field has been sold out for 45 years ((since 1960) and has 68,000 Packer fans on it's season ticket waiting list. During this era the Citizens of Green Bay/Brown County passed a 1/2 County Sales tax to fund the $295 M complete renovation of Lambeau Field. Lambeau Field and it's Atrium are now a year around profit making machine for the Packer franchise. Last year Tourism generated $425M in the Green Bay area, most of the tourism dollars were generated by the Green Bay Packers, Lambeau Field and its Atrium. The Green Bay Packers are 10th in revenue earned in the NFL for the last 3 years. I though I would post the Green Bay Packer story in the new century and all this happened in smallest City (metro area of 220,000) in the Major league and Green BayPacker franchise has been the football business for 86 years. Philtration, a Chicago Bear fan posted a article by Tom Perry of The Green Bay Press-Gazette about the trials and tribulation in past of the Green Bay Franchise. Of coarse, most Packer fan knows the problems of old, which has long been solved
by The Packer organization of the last 14 years. If I were a Bear fan , I really would be concerned what "the heck" has been going on it with Chicago Bear Franchise since 1986 (except for one good year) and not worry what happened over 14 years ago to the Packer franchise. May be Bear Fans and it's franchise should learn from what the Packers have done to turn their fortunes around in the last 14 years.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts