1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

On the board: Ten prospects for Pack to ponder

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by arrowgargantuan, Feb 26, 2006.

1. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    On the board: Ten prospects for Pack to ponder

By Pete Dougherty
    PackersNews.com

A thumbnail look at the top 10 prospects in this draft, based on interviews with NFL scouts and coaches at the scouting combine this week:

1. Reggie Bush, RB, USC (6-0, 205): A junior who’s a true game-breaker. That, plus his accomplished receiving talents, have convinced some scouts he’s a slightly smaller version of Marshall Faulk. Last season, he averaged 8.7 yards a carry, scored 16 touchdowns and averaged more than 222 all-purpose yards a game. Almost surely will be the first pick. “That’s a slam dunk based on what I’ve seen,â€

2. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I think it was Mario that was interviewed by the Milwaukee press yesterday. He looks promising. They could use a good pass rusher.

3. gopackgo4

gopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeh i am for mario too but now i am not so sure since he didnt do anything in the first 5 games

4. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Yeah.......with the draft, it's really a crap shoot. You MIGHT score it big, or you may end up with a Todd Marinovich, or Andre Ware, or another "can't miss" bust. Hopefully the Pack will hit it big with whoever they get.
    Alex Smith hasn't done anything yet, but he could pan out. Or he could end up a bust. It's alot of guess work.

5. gopackgo4

gopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeh it really is unlike baseketball where your pretty much guarnteed a good player

6. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    lol I'm guessing the teams who passed on Jordan beg to differ. ... spose u did say 'pretty much' :)

7. gopackgo4

gopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh yeh i know that there are some but these kids that are coming out of highschool are always good and the # 1 picks not to many busts there

8. paxvogel

paxvogel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Pack has a history of bad first round picks. I say take Hawk although Williams or Ferguson would not upset me.

9. gopackgo4

gopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeh I dont know I want more of an impact player then a tackle and I wouldnt mind hawk but I think we could get a good linebacker in free agency and a pass rusher isnt so easy to come by. Both would have a tremdous impact on the defensive side of the ball.

and for the bad picks the last few we can thank sherman for

10. mattresell

mattresell Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I say Hawk also. Added bonus is we get to move Barnett outside, which I think is a better fit.

11. subin

subin Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Getting Hawk wouldn't mean moving Barnett to the outside I don't believe. Hawk can play all 3 LB positions, but I think his primary is outside linebacker

12. gopackgo4

gopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    But Bartnett wopuld be better suited to outside so he would be middle

13. Schmitty

Schmitty Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I like the idea of drafting Hawk too. Super Mario is gonna be a good player, but I would like to see us resign Kamp and draft Hawk. If we dont and take Williams. OK. :D

14. gopackgo4

gopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    yeh that sounds like a good plan but kampman really isnt a pressure d end we need someone who can get sacks and preesures that can tottaly really help a defense