On the board: Ten prospects for Pack to ponder

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On the board: Ten prospects for Pack to ponder

By Pete Dougherty
PackersNews.com

A thumbnail look at the top 10 prospects in this draft, based on interviews with NFL scouts and coaches at the scouting combine this week:

1. Reggie Bush, RB, USC (6-0, 205): A junior who’s a true game-breaker. That, plus his accomplished receiving talents, have convinced some scouts he’s a slightly smaller version of Marshall Faulk. Last season, he averaged 8.7 yards a carry, scored 16 touchdowns and averaged more than 222 all-purpose yards a game. Almost surely will be the first pick. “That’s a slam dunk based on what I’ve seen,â€

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it was Mario that was interviewed by the Milwaukee press yesterday. He looks promising. They could use a good pass rusher.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah.......with the draft, it's really a crap shoot. You MIGHT score it big, or you may end up with a Todd Marinovich, or Andre Ware, or another "can't miss" bust. Hopefully the Pack will hit it big with whoever they get.
Alex Smith hasn't done anything yet, but he could pan out. Or he could end up a bust. It's alot of guess work.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
gopackgo4 said:
Yeh it really is unlike baseketball where your pretty much guarnteed a good player

lol I'm guessing the teams who passed on Jordan beg to differ. ... spose u did say 'pretty much' :)

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh yeh i know that there are some but these kids that are coming out of highschool are always good and the # 1 picks not to many busts there

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeh I dont know I want more of an impact player then a tackle and I wouldnt mind hawk but I think we could get a good linebacker in free agency and a pass rusher isnt so easy to come by. Both would have a tremdous impact on the defensive side of the ball.

and for the bad picks the last few we can thank sherman for

subin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Getting Hawk wouldn't mean moving Barnett to the outside I don't believe. Hawk can play all 3 LB positions, but I think his primary is outside linebacker

Schmitty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like the idea of drafting Hawk too. Super Mario is gonna be a good player, but I would like to see us resign Kamp and draft Hawk. If we dont and take Williams. OK. :D

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeh that sounds like a good plan but kampman really isnt a pressure d end we need someone who can get sacks and preesures that can tottaly really help a defense

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts