Official week 17 lion game

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GB is going to struggle offensively, no doubt, but they need to make the average plays and not drop easy passes or turn the ball over.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lions O doesn't scare me. I think our D will hold them to around 17-20 points.

I'm more worried about our OLine vs their DLine. THAT is where this game will be won or lost for us, period.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Winner gets a bye. Loser gets the 6 seed. Bring it on.

Packers 30
Lions 17

Last edited:

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GB is going to struggle offensively, no doubt, but they need to make the average plays and not drop easy passes or turn the ball over.
When was the last time the Packers struggled at Lambeau? We will score at least at many as we did against New England. And the kitties proved again today by barely skating past the Bears that they are NOT a good team outdoors in the cold. It wasn't even that cold today. It was 35 degrees in Chicago. Let's see how they do when it's 12 degrees in a hostile environment against a real team.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Who will be joining me at the game?

I feel very confident that this gets flexed to the night spot. I think the only other game that could would be Pitt/Cinci
I would be stunned if this game is not flexed to SNF. NBC has first dibs on any game in week 17. The Pack and the Lions will be playing head to head for the division title and the number two seed. The Pièce de résistance is the game being played in fridged conditions at Lambeau Field.

No way NBC passes on this game.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Winner gets a bye. Loser gets the 6 seed. Bring it on.

Packers 30
Lions 17

You think we will score thirty? I admire your optimism but I think this will be a low scoring game. The defense will have to force a couple of turnovers and then the offense must capitalize on the turnovers. I've seen too many games this year where Stafford has gotten away with turnovers thanks to their stout defense.

Packers 16
Lions 13

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would be stunned if this game is not flexed to SNF. NBC has first dibs on any game in week 17. The Pack and the Lions will be playing head to head for the division title and the number two seed. The Pièce de résistance is the game being played in fridged conditions at Lambeau Field.

I hope you are right or I'll be watching it on my radio dial at work.

grampi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the Packers losing to the Bills it doesn´t matter anymore what the Lions do on Sunday (except if we lose to the Buccaneers) regarding the NFC North division champions.

After watching how the Bills defense was able to contain the Packers I´m really worried about the Detroit game. The Lions are more than capable of playing exactly the same way as the Bills did on Sunday but in addition their run defense is better than Buffalo´s. McCarthy has to come up with a game plan enabling Adams and one of the TEs to get involved as the Lions are more than capable of containing Nelson and Cobb.

The Lions offense doesn´t scare me at all, but I expect a low-scoring, close to the end game in week 17.

I'd say the Lions have me concerned, but not worried. They do have a very good defense that will probably slow GB down, but I don't think DETs offense is good enough to keep up...keep in mind GB averages scoring 40 points a game at home, so even with a great defensive performance by DETs defense, their offense will still have to score likely in the mid to high 20s to win...I don't think they can...

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd say the Lions have me concerned, but not worried. They do have a very good defense that will probably slow GB down, but I don't think DETs offense is good enough to keep up...keep in mind GB averages scoring 40 points a game at home, so even with a great defensive performance by DETs defense, their offense will still have to score likely in the mid to high 20s to win...I don't think they can...
I'm doubting that the combined scores will equal more than 20 points.

Reaction score
I like our chances at getting retribution.. Our D has improved.. Our Offense is making many rookie mistakes that need to be cleaned up.. but we all know they missed several key opportunities won't happen every week. And what the heck is it with a holding penalty on a fair catch? Is Congress running the NFL too? The NFL needs to eliminate rhetorical flag throwing

Jdeed

Cheesehead
Reaction score

ATL and CAR play for the Division title and the loser goes home.
PITT and CINN play for the Division title

Jdeed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pretty much I think either team can win this game all depends on who shows up ready to play Sunday and who gets the lucky bounces. Should be low scoring 20-17 19-13 13-9 etc......The Lions Defensive team is built to beat GB and its going to take a great game by either team to win. Both teams have played below themselves the last two weeks.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I like our chances at getting retribution.. Our D has improved.. Our Offense is making many rookie mistakes that need to be cleaned up.. but we all know they missed several key opportunities won't happen every week. And what the heck is it with a holding penalty on a fair catch? Is Congress running the NFL too? The NFL needs to eliminate rhetorical flag throwing
flag is usually thrown before the catch. Don't want the flag? Don't commit the penalty.

Reaction score
flag is usually thrown before the catch. Don't want the flag? Don't commit the penalty.
There are instances where flags are thrown and then reversed if they are deemed "not in play" We both already know this so why on special teams is it a different standard? Or more directly.. why go through the energy and hold up the game?
I guess my beef in general is with too many flags.. this is just an example of that inefficiency IMO

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lions offense only scores 20ppg. If we can get Tds instead of FGs I think we win. Now if we get shut down in the redzone like the Pats game it will be close.

Members online

Latest posts