Official Packers vs Lions

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Actually Hyde is average at best returning punts this season as well.

Agreed Captain, his average this year is way down from his two previous years. 2105: 6.1 2014: 15.8 2013: 12.3. The one thing I do like about Hyde though on punts, he seems to be smart and relatively sure handed. So he may not be breaking the big one just yet, but he also doesn't get us into too much trouble.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO, Hyde has the hands, instincts and guts to be a great punt returner, but lacks the suddenness and burst that the great ones have.

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hyde is by no means a good punt returner. He is slow right off the bat it's like watching him move in slow motion when returning. Janis and Abby should be doing tempe returns. Even Montgomery. He looks great at kick returns. Hyde should no longer be a return guy

D

Deleted member 6794

Hyde is by no means a good punt returner. He is slow right off the bat it's like watching him move in slow motion when returning. Janis and Abby should be doing tempe returns. Even Montgomery. He looks great at kick returns. Hyde should no longer be a return guy

Hyde isn't a fast guy but he's a dangerous punt returner because of his instincts. There's no reason to make a change as having Montgomery, Janis or Abbrederis back there doesn't guarantee any better results and is more risky.

Since entering the league Hyde has returned three punts for TDs which is tied for the league lead with Tavon Austin and Darren Sproles. Both of them have had 31 more returns than Hyde though.

DMANDTM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And I would like to see more of the other Packers Fullback "ski" he looks like a bull that's been caged to long and besides at this point experiments might be worth a try......
That is my hope too. Ripkowski is a beast of a blocker and I can't believe that we haven't seen more of him. With some of the weaker teams coming up, now is the time to get him some playing time.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we can cover Mega, we will dominate.

Montgomery is off the Injury Report, by the way.

MichiganSportsTalk

Lions fan for longer than I can remember
Reaction score
I'm going to to have to get really drunk ahead of time, because this game is going to be hard to watch....

Detroit is allowing 30.6 points per game, including 42 to the Cards (at home) and 45 to the Chiefs.

I'll be honest, I expected them to regress a bit from last year, but not in my worst nightmares did I expect this.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm going to to have to get really drunk ahead of time, because this game is going to be hard to watch....

Detroit is allowing 30.6 points per game, including 42 to the Cards (at home) and 45 to the Chiefs.

I'll be honest, I expected them to regress a bit from last year, but not in my worst nightmares did I expect this.

Let's look at the bright side... though maybe this is not true for you. I personally would be more excited to be the worst team and possibly be looking at a #1 pick than to be a middle of the road team. Tbh, I think I might enjoy draft season more than the regular season though, so maybe that's just me. The worst nightmare would be to fall out of contention early on and then inexplicably start winning games.

MichiganSportsTalk

Reaction score
Let's look at the bright side... though maybe this is not true for you. I personally would be more excited to be the worst team and possibly be looking at a #1 pick than to be a middle of the road team. Tbh, I think I might enjoy draft season more than the regular season though, so maybe that's just me.

If it were a gradual slide into the worst team, I could get behind that. But this season has been a kick to the junk. Even at worst, most people expected an 8-8 season after last year.

The worst nightmare would be to fall out of contention early on and then inexplicably start winning games.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if they do something stupid like win out........

Reaction score
so basically what I've gathered is this...

Were offended by the Defensive players and scheme?
we are Defensive about changing the Offensive game plan? Or is it, we're not feeling punt returns are Special?
Or could this be a case of mistaken identity and we're just not playing like ourselves? And who else could we be but ourselves?
My theory is.. maybe we're trying to Pack too much into one game when we should concentrate on getting a Lions share of time of possession.
Thoughts?

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I think it will be a close game. Something is desperately wrong in Titletown and Matt Stafford may end up looking like Pro Bowl material by the end of the game. Sorry to be a negative Nancy.

grampi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This game couldn't have come at a better time. The Packers need some uplifting. Maybe this game will help them get their confidence back before they head to MN...they're gonna need it!

grampi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it will be a close game. Something is desperately wrong in Titletown and Matt Stafford may end up looking like Pro Bowl material by the end of the game. Sorry to be a negative Nancy.

The Pack D seems to have a knack for making mediocre to bad QBs look much better than they really are...I think we can thank Mr. Capers for that...

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Thing is, they're coming off their bye week. Remember last time our defense played against an underachieving QB coming off a bye week? At least the their defense isn't that great this season (yet.)

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Shocked at how bad Detroit is this season. Stafford to Megatron can hurt any defense, however.

MichiganSportsTalk

Reaction score
Stafford to Megatron can hurt any defense, however.

But that is dependent upon the o-line giving Stafford more than 1 second to get rid of the ball. Not exactly the Lions' strong point this year. If they line up with Pettigrew on the line and keep Burton home to block, maybe. But then again, if they line up in that formation with that personnel, everyone and their brother knows what's coming.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well, we made SD's oline look good, Denver's and never touched Cam. I don't know why we're getting eaten up by blockers so easily lately, so while i expect our defense to be able to bring pressure effectively, they just haven't been consistent here lately. It's always a case of 1 guy breaking free and nobody else there, or everyone flying by the qb and he runs for 20 yards. They need to work as a unit better too.

D

Deleted member 6794

Montgomery is off the Injury Report, by the way.

The Packers haven´t released an injury report so far this week. The first one will be published later today.

I expected the Lions to regress a bit because of losing Suh and Fairley but never thought they would be that bad either.

The Pack D seems to have a knack for making mediocre to bad QBs look much better than they really are...I think we can thank Mr. Capers for that...

The Packers defense struggles against good QBs and offenses but mostly play really good against inferior opponents.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers haven´t released an injury report so far this week. The first one will be published later today.

I expected the Lions to regress a bit because of losing Suh and Fairley but never thought they would be that bad either.

The Packers defense struggles against good QBs and offenses but mostly play really good against inferior opponents.
(For some reason, I can't get this post working correctly, but last try)

My bad on the Monty news. I read that on Reddit I believe, must have been a wishful thinker. I think/hope he'll play, though. I guess we'll find out soon!

and what defense played against New England and Dallas last year then? :sneaky:

D

Deleted member 6794

and what defense played against New England and Dallas last year then? :sneaky:

It´s true the defense played a really good game vs. the Patriots and I wonder why they can´t perform on the level more often as well. IMO they got lucky against the Cowboys and I´m not talking only talking about Bryant´s catch but the fumble forced by Peppers saving a long TD run by Murray as well.

Members online

Latest posts