Official Packers vs Bears Brett's return

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That win against Minny couldn't have been more needed than that. The Bear fans looked too far ahead and got Osweiled back to reality (no JFK pun intended). 7-3, back in front, gotta keep the Cutler prime time stank showing out there, and get revenge on the Lions the Thursday after. We may not be able to unseat the Panthers but we will be back on top of things up north.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This will be my first Packers game!

Flying over from the UK tomorrow morning on my own for the Thanksgiving day game!

Dedication ;)

You will have a blast. I think its supposed to be cool and rainy all day but you're used to that right:D

Night games are incredible in Green Bay because you can spend all day walking around town tail gating. I'm sure you will have no problems finding fans who will be willing to invite you into their camp. There will even be a few deep fried turkeys around I'd bet. The post game celebration (hopefully) will be even better because no one has to work on Friday.

If you can't have fun at a Packer/Bear night game its probably you.

Jake Apperley

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You will have a blast. I think its supposed to be cool and rainy all day but you're used to that right:D

Night games are incredible in Green Bay because you can spend all day walking around town tail gating. I'm sure you will have no problems finding fans who will be willing to invite you into their camp. There will even be a few deep fried turkeys around I'd bet. The post game celebration (hopefully) will be even better because no one has to work on Friday.

If you can't have fun at a Packer/Bear night game its probably you.

Sounds great, especially the deep fried turkey part!

I have a tailgate ticket already but going to see if anybody wants to meet for a beer or two on here.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does anyone know what kind of coverage NBC is going to provide for the Favre/Starr ceremony? If they do their usual $%*& and merely show a small clip while going into/out of commercial, are there any alternative viewing platforms, such as the Packers website live streaming it?

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
I do not think this game is a wash by any means. The bears have a really decent secondary and our passing offense has been pretty terrible. Though if our defense plays like it did yesterday, Jay Cutler will be good for at least 4 sacks and 2 INT.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
The Bears are playing better and so is Cutler lately. Unfortunately they have an NFL-caliber coaching staff in place now. I sure do miss Trestman and his incompetent DC.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sounds great, especially the deep fried turkey part!

I have a tailgate ticket already but going to see if anybody wants to meet for a beer or two on here.

sounds like a ticket for one of the organized tailgate parties they have. I went to the one at Brett Favre's steakhouse a few years ago (Favre's last start in Lambeau as a viking ironically) and I think they have a Tundra one somewhere. these are fun and the food is pretty good (and unlimited if you can stand in line) but you have to wander about to all the fan tailgating as well. People partying out of the trunks of their cars or motorhomes or what have you. There is nothing like it that I have ever experienced.

Packers907

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Bears aren't a pushover by any means, however if our defense steps up and the secondary stays with their assingments, our offense gets sync'd with receivers and QB then I say we have a really good shot. Just have keep it play by play and hope the team from last night shows up.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we can snuff Langford out like we did AP, most their O should be extinguished. Plus Sam Shields back and healthy should be able to take on Jeffry.

The Bears may not be a pushover but with a full speed of confidence stemming from this defense now, gotta be thinking a meltdown is due for them.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Hey at the risk of sounding like a Danny Downer -- I'm hoping that the Pack give Favre ... and Bart ... a better result than they gave to my man Ron Wolf :mad: when he was put on the Ring of Honor. Yeah, that still grinds my beans.

Anyway, anyone who knows me, knows that I have an immense dislike for the Bears' fans (not the Bears organization). While the younger fans gravitate toward disliking the Vikings --- multiply that dislike by 2 or 3 and you'll reach my level of disgruntlement anytime THOSE people come to Green Bay. So, if the Packers' beating Chitcago sends THOSE people looking for tall buildings to jump off of, I'm all for it.

That goes part and parcel with my being an old guy. It's taken me 40+ years to reach this level of disdain for anything wearing orange and midnight blue -- yet -- here I am. Bears' fans are roughly the equivalent of stepping in something that gets lodged between the sole and heel of your shoe. You look at it, hope it's mud ... but it seldom is. So you take a flat stick to remove it but still can't get it all off once it's there ... so, you burn your shoes. ;)

Mind you, I love all people until such time that they put on those colors because something happens the minute they do ... they become sub-human ... arrogant ... gnarly ... something that has to be 'dealt with'. Sorta like the scene from Hoosiers where "George" confronts Norman at Norman's first practice:

"Look, mister, there's... two kinds of dumb, uh... guy that gets naked and runs out in the snow and barks at the moon, and, uh, guy who does the same thing in my living room. First one don't matter, the second one you're kinda forced to deal with."

So, I guess the gist is that I'm all for ruining as many Bears' fan's Thanksgiving as possible -- here's to hoping our season ticket base didn't sell out too many tickets to those hose-bags from the South ... here's to hoping that these people will recognize that this will more-than-likely be Bart Starr's last trip to Lambeau as he completes his battle with the "long goodbye" ... and here's to hoping that Packers' fans remember that Brett Favre could be the most hated guy in Chicagoland -- with Rodgers ready and willing to pick up that mantle.

GO PACK!!!

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey at the risk of sounding like a Danny Downer -- I'm hoping that the Pack give Favre ... and Bart ... a better result than they gave to my man Ron Wolf :mad: when he was put on the Ring of Honor. Yeah, that still grinds my beans.
GO PACK!!!

You may be able to get away with the masculine version of the pessimist/realist here, but most of the forums I frequent will insist on Debbie Downer instead (when not using Negative Nancy/Nellie). :cry:

Is 'grind my beans' a real thing? :unsure:

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My toddler is 40, so that connection is out. Actually Googled it, and got nothing but sites dealing with grinding coffee beans. However, your comment gave me all the clues I need.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mind you, I love all people until such time that they put on those colors because something happens the minute they do ... they become sub-human ... arrogant ... gnarly ... something that has to be 'dealt with'.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I don't know if your depiction is 100% accurate all of the time

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanksgiving. Favre's retirement ceremony. Lambeau field . Packers- Bears.
Does it get any better?

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
You may be able to get away with the masculine version of the pessimist/realist here, but most of the forums I frequent will insist on Debbie Downer instead (when not using Negative Nancy/Nellie). :cry:

Is 'grind my beans' a real thing? :unsure:

Danny's fine here. We aren't the grammar police. ;)

Members online

Latest posts