Official Packers vs Bears Brett's return

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Thanksgiving. Favre's retirement ceremony. Lambeau field . Packers- Bears. Does it get any better?
Yes. Packers vs. the Bears at Soldier Field in the NFCCG, beating the Bears at their place to go the Super Bowl.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I don't know if your depiction is 100% accurate all of the time
It's disgusting what some people will do for money. I wonder how much putting on a Bear's jersey fetches these days

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I don't know if your depiction is 100% accurate all of the time

As the old yarn goes, "No matter how good they look ... someone ... somewhere is sick of her crap..."

Cheese Meister

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does anyone know what kind of coverage NBC is going to provide for the Favre/Starr ceremony? If they do their usual $%*& and merely show a small clip while going into/out of commercial, are there any alternative viewing platforms, such as the Packers website live streaming it?
If NBC does not show the ceremony in it's entirety, I wouldn't be surprised if the Packers web site will later.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what kind of coverage NBC is going to provide for the Favre/Starr ceremony? If they do their usual $%*& and merely show a small clip while going into/out of commercial, are there any alternative viewing platforms, such as the Packers website live streaming it?

They will milk this...if they don't they will lose out

Voltron

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone else realize that All four of the Packers greatest qb will be in attendance? Starr, Favre, Rodgers and Cutler.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I look forward to seeing Starr in this setting one last time. I mean, as QB's go, they're always measured by the number of Championships they've won. Starr won 5 in 7 years...THAT is the gold standard folks. The game changes and records deemed "unbreakable" are broken... Meaningless stats. The gold standard, as I said is 5 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS IN 7 YEARS.

Montana didn't do that. Bradshaw didn't do that. Brady won't do that. The kids can dismiss any Championship that doesn't have the marketing term "Super" in it...but it doesnt matter... Starr is gold standard.

Sky King

Reaction score
I look forward to seeing Starr in this setting one last time. I mean, as QB's go, they're always measured by the number of Championships they've won. Starr won 5 in 7 years...THAT is the gold standard folks. The game changes and records deemed "unbreakable" are broken... Meaningless stats. The gold standard, as I said is 5 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS IN 7 YEARS.

Montana didn't do that. Bradshaw didn't do that. Brady won't do that. The kids can dismiss any Championship that doesn't have the marketing term "Super" in it...but it doesnt matter... Starr is gold standard.
Absolutely, Starr is the gold standard! Best money QB that ever played the game and also the most underrated in that regard. All he did was win titles. I'm talking championship titles, not just passing titles and pre-playoff MVPs. (Ahem. Peyton anyone?)

Vic Ketchman says that Unitas was the greatest ever. Not so. He may have been one of the great passers of all-time and an innovator in his own era, but where are the championships to go along with that subjective assessment? I'm not a big stat guy but the number-of-championships-won stat is irrefutable. It tells the complete story, not just snippets of what happened along the way.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Absolutely, Starr is the gold standard! Best money QB that ever played the game and also the most underrated in that regard. All he did was win titles. I'm talking championship titles, not just passing titles and pre-playoff MVPs. (Ahem. Peyton anyone?)

Vic Ketchman says that Unitas was the greatest ever. Not so. He may have been one of the great passers of all-time and an innovator in his own era, but where are the championships to go along with that subjective assessment? I'm not a big stat guy but the number-of-championships-won stat is irrefutable. It tells the complete story, not just snippets of what happened along the way.

As simply a point of agitating I'd like to point out the Browns have a particular QB that would hold the title of both the greatest ever and most underrated by your criteria.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sky King, I've never subscribed to the 'how many titles' thing when talking about all time greatest QB's, not in the ultimate team sport. By that 'standard', Doug Williams and Jeff Hostetler were better than Dan Marino. And Unitas was the greatest QB ever.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
As simply a point of agitating I'd like to point out the Browns have a particular QB that would hold the title of both the greatest ever and most underrated by your criteria.

Otto -- oh yeah...there's a case to be made there. Won championships with the old All American Football League... then three teams were absorbed by the NFL when the AAFC folded, Cleveland and San Francisco being two of them, forget who the third was ... Otto lead the Browns the very first season to the NFL Championship as well.

5 in 7 Ryder... 5 in 7

Last edited:

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Why is it the discussion is about the "team" when discussing Rodger's and Favre's relative dearth of titles but Starr and Unitas get all the glory unto themselves. Could it be Starr was the Dilfer of his era and carried by the dozen HOFers around him? Personally I don't believe that either. I had and wore out or outgrew several #15 jerseys in my youth.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I base my assessments on the individual, and on a multitude of things, including intangibles. I don't give much weight to team; not a guy's choice if he was on a great or lousy team.
Starr wasn't the most physically gifted even among those when he played, but he is among the all time greats.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Why is it the discussion is about the "team" when discussing Rodger's and Favre's relative dearth of titles but Starr and Unitas get all the glory unto themselves. Could it be Starr was the Dilfer of his era and carried by the dozen HOFers around him? Personally I don't believe that either. I had and wore out or outgrew several #15 jerseys in my youth.

Bart Starr was super smart as a QB. He called the plays for the offense. I would like to see teams today give their QBs more opportunity to call all the plays on the field. I'll bet Aaron would do a good job, but I'd like to see how good. 15 was and still is my all time favorite player; a tremendous man on and off of the field.

D

Deleted member 6794

Bart Starr was super smart as a QB. He called the plays for the offense. I would like to see teams today give their QBs more opportunity to call all the plays on the field. I'll bet Aaron would do a good job, but I'd like to see how good. 15 was and still is my all time favorite player; a tremendous man on and off of the field.

I don´t know if Starr actually called the plays for the Packers offense but today´s game is way too complex for a quarterback to make all the calls. The Packers already allow Rodgers to change the play at the LOS to another predetermined call but anything else would be too much for a QB to handle.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I don´t know if Starr actually called the plays for the Packers offense but today´s game is way too complex for a quarterback to make all the calls. The Packers already allow Rodgers to change the play at the LOS to another predetermined call but anything else would be too much for a QB to handle.

Yeah, he did. It was written about in several books; some by former teammates. Vince taught the plays and laid out the scheme, then Bart took it and ran it on the field. I listed the quotes on it a couple years ago in another thread. I'm too lazy to go back and find them. ;)

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
This game and opponent probably couldn't have come at a better point in this season. Last weeks win in MN helped prove to the Players, coaches, media and fans that the Packers don't have to be that same team that lost 3 in a row and looked bad in doing so. Having #4 and #15 back and the crowd being even more emotionally charged is going to make Lambeau Field a very tough place to spend Thanksgiving for the Bears. I see this game as an opportunity for the team to continue their statement to everyone, "The Packers are far from being out of this". Doing this at home, under the lights on National TV, on Thanksgiving, #15 and #4 at their sides, does it get any better then this? Someone be prepared to raise the banner "The Pack is Back!"

Members online

Latest posts