Official Packers-Vikings week round one

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Depends on your definition of must-win. Must-win for the playoffs? Absolutely not. Must-win for NFC North? Not necessarily. Must win to regain confidence? Yes.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The last 3 weeks in a row have literally been just about the same thing. No offensive production except the last 6 mins of the game, no pass protection, Wrs not getting open, bad play calling, and MM getting out coached. This isn't a little problem we have on our hands here. We are looking up at the Vikings of all teams. It's funny because many ppl predicted them to be bad but I wasn't one of those people. Their better than the Packers.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

The last 3 weeks in a row have literally been just about the same thing. No offensive production except the last 6 mins of the game, no pass protection, Wrs not getting open, bad play calling, and MM getting out coached. This isn't a little problem we have on our hands here. We are looking up at the Vikings of all teams. It's funny because many ppl predicted them to be bad but I wasn't one of those people. Their better than the Packers.

What`s the weather like, up in that high tower ??? ;)

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McCarthy gets it:
GREEN BAY — Mike McCarthy explained what he saw on the tape from his Packers’ loss to the Lions on Sunday.

“The video tape evaluation, offensively, as a whole, the coaching staff takes a lot of pride in teaching the fundamentals. We feel it’s the key. We’re not playing to the standard we believe in. Players wise, the adjustments at the line of scrimmage, we can continue to work on that. Everything we need to do, we have the people in the locker room to do it. We left big opportunities on the field. We have to win those one-on-ones at a higher efficiency. Coaching wise, we have to get it out of our players,” McCarthy told reporters on Monday.

“We need to be better in our fundamentals. That’s what we’re lacking. We’re not doing it enough to win games,” he added." (http://blog.packers.com/2015/11/16/news-now-mccarthy-gives-thoughts-on-tape-from-lions-game/)

I agree with MM. The Vikings will literally run away from us unless the coaches light a fire under the team.

Yikes already have won this game in their minds.

Rogers returns to his normal level

Packers 37 Yikes 20

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry, I just don't see us winning this. I think that it will be close but the Vikings are playing well right now and the Packers are playing mostly terrible right now so I can't count on a win. However, I agree 100% with MM that we have the players to execute at a high level. We just aren't. They all need to find a way to do it

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
If losing to the Lions at home does not light a fire in the Packer's ***, I do not know what will. The frusterating part, is that any true football fan, player, coach, all knows this team can play better. As Packer fans, we are used to disappointing 4th quarter and OT finishes. We are not used to terrible game play through 3 quarters of football. This team has the physical ability to be a Super Bowl contender. We did not lose any key player's last year (with the exception of MAYBE Tramon Williams, but frankly I love Demarious Randall in that spot and the young talent will only grow). Aaron Rodgers needs to get out of his own head. I hate the Oline argument, I think they have given him plenty of time to throw the ball, he is just not releasing fast enough. The reciever's need to play physical and create space, because honestly they run the same route's every other snap. So my opinion on how we win this game is that we go back to the huddle. The no-huddle is not working for us. We are up against a young but powerful cover defense, that we NEED to throw something different towards. Running the same play every series will not win you a football game in the National Football League. Go back to the drawing board, establish a run game early and throw some new plays the defense has not watched in film repeatedly all week long!

ShockwaveRider

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see no evidence, especially after 6 games and a bye week that produced no solutions , that things will just suddenly turn around enough to beat the Vikings on the road. It's more likely they suffer another beat down.

*sigh*

Sadly, I agree with you.

Thankfully, they flexed the game to the 3:00PM start so I can spend the majority of the day out on the deer stand.

Not going to waste an entire day watching the Packers get their *** whooped when there are deer that need to be shot.

(Got that "Short Cuts" thing on satellite teevee to watch the good plays (if there are any) later.)

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
McCarthy gets it:
GREEN BAY — Mike McCarthy explained what he saw on the tape from his Packers’ loss to the Lions on Sunday.

“The video tape evaluation, offensively, as a whole, the players need to work on their pad level. I don't know how many times I have talked about it. Pad level is the most important issue they need to work on."

Fixed it for him. :)

Cheese Meister

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I live in Minnesota, so I have to put up with this border battle nonsense. I hate to say this, but I don't have much optimism in a Packer win. I will watch the game, but I won't get my hopes up.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gonna be in a treestand for most of it, but I'll try to follow on my phone. Kind of a game I'd rather just check the box score at the end rather than watch anyways. Critical or high-stress games aren't that enjoyable for me to watch, and this one is pretty darn big.

OP
OP
Poppa San

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Gonna be in a treestand for most of it, but I'll try to follow on my phone. Kind of a game I'd rather just check the box score at the end rather than watch anyways. Critical or high-stress games aren't that enjoyable for me to watch, and this one is pretty darn big.
Ground blind and radio headphones for me. Noon games are actually better as I usually can go back out after the game is won in the third qtr and get a couple hours at the feed plot yet. Wife will be up to get my schooler about sunset Sunday.

BlueRidgePackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Had this been two weeks ago and the Vikings were next I imagine they would be out to prove something (still are) and the Pack would still be thinking the previous week was an anomaly. I'll be glass half full and say timing changes the context...its all timing. Vikes may be too overconfident now and Packers have the edge to prove something. Packers in a close one late. :) Am I crazy? We will see. Timing is everything.

Reaction score
There was 1 common denominator we can take away from the Pack vs Lions AND Texans vs Bengals ...
A good D performance can win a game even with poor O contribution.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Had this been two weeks ago and the Vikings were next I imagine they would be out to prove something (still are) and the Pack would still be thinking the previous week was an anomaly. I'll be glass half full and say timing changes the context...its all timing. Vikes may be too overconfident now and Packers have the edge to prove something. Packers in a close one late. :) Am I crazy? We will see. Timing is everything.

I don't see the Vikings being overconfident. This game is way too important for them. They win and they're in command of the NFC North for the first time in ages. They must be stoked as hell for this game.

Members online

Latest posts