*** Official Nfl Draft Thread ***

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, trade down OMFG.
I wish we would have got Sweed from TX, a huge WR would be nice for Rodgers!!!

lol

Always good to hold it in until TT does his thing first.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers_Finland said:
The Tromadz Lounge is laggin'. I can't even access it anymore.

I just tried twice and couldn't get in.

GB ON THE CLOCK AGAIN.

evad04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brian Brohm. Excellent value pick.

It will give us an excellent development project as a QB and will keep Rodgers honest.

The Packers take THEIR top value at every pick. Brian Brohm was that guy. I anticipate that some people on the forum will take a defensive position of A-Rod--they perceive the Brohm pick as a BAD thing for A-Rod. While A-Rod is certainly no Joe Montana (as of now), Joe had his best years ever with Steve Young behind him. A-Rod and Brohm have this much in common: they were highly productive in college, picked to go high in their respective drafts, and both fell tremendously).

Plus...this keeps Brohm off the Lions, Bears, and Vikings rosters. Their QBs are all garbo--they could have really used Brohm.

Schutz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good pickup with Brohm, I was hoping the Vikes would pick him up. Better than having Dante back up Rogers I guess.

eap33

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brian Brohm. Excellent value pick.

It will give us an excellent development project as a QB and will keep Rodgers honest.

The Packers take THEIR top value at every pick. Brian Brohm was that guy. I anticipate that some people on the forum will take a defensive position of A-Rod--they perceive the Brohm pick as a BAD thing for A-Rod. While A-Rod is certainly no Joe Montana (as of now), Joe had his best years ever with Steve Young behind him. A-Rod and Brohm have this much in common: they were highly productive in college, picked to go high in their respective drafts, and both fell tremendously).

Plus...this keeps Brohm off the Lions, Bears, and Vikings rosters. Their QBs are all garbo--they could have really used Brohm.

Also might help keep Culpepper out of green and gold ;)

Arles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now it's time for DBs. I would love for GB to get CB/S Reggie Smith from Oklahoma. I think he'll be a nice fit as the nickel corner who can tackle.

eap33

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone else think Henne looks super pissed about being a Dolphin? He seemed so blank-faced, like someone just stole his last cookie.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
through the magic of the internet, i am able to watch those vids while keeping my rear firmly planted in one place. Crazy!

Cubanpenguin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow Nelson looks great, He is alot faster then his numbers, that play where he beats Talib he looks like Sonic the Hedgehog his legs are moving so fast lol. Plus some of those catches are amazing like the one handed ones where he is catching it behind him. Wow

starpass

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I read where Jordy could play 10 years for the pack and be a solid number 2 or most likely 3

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Antawn Molden, CB, Eastern Kentucky is still on the board. Might be wise to take another CB. I'm not really on the Jarrett Bush or Tramone Williams bandwagon like the local talk radio is.

I think Reggie Smith as a Safety is a good player.

I like Anthony Collins the OT from Kansas. Would be a great pickup in the 3rd round.

Lot's of options out there. Tomorrow is going to be the best. Championships will be won on the Day where you select players in rounds 3 through 7. That's where you'll see teams build fine depth, "hidden" talent, and character.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Antawn Molden, CB, Eastern Kentucky is still on the board. Might be wise to take another CB. I'm not really on the Jarrett Bush or Tramone Williams bandwagon like the local talk radio is.

I think Reggie Smith as a Safety is a good player.

I like Anthony Collins the OT from Kansas. Would be a great pickup in the 3rd round.

Lot's of options out there. Tomorrow is going to be the best. Championships will be won on the Day where you select players in rounds 3 through 7. That's where you'll see teams build fine depth, "hidden" talent, and character.

Tomorrow is Ted Thompson's Christmas.

It sucks that day 2 starts at 9am. That's dumb.

c_mac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A WR and QB with our earliest picks.

Ummmmmm................sweet, I guess?

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
c_mac said:
A WR and QB with our earliest picks.

Ummmmmm................sweet, I guess?

Do you ever listen to Thompson's press conferences? He never talks about, "Well, we have a whole in this position, so we drafted this guy. I really hope he can be the starter this year, because if he can't, we're ****ed!" Nope, all he ever talks about is "value picks". It ought be getting clear that he drafts good football players, not players who will hopefully fill a gap next season. I trust him to pick the players that will benefit the team. QB and WR may not be our biggest need, but while other teams were drafting based on needs, Thompson was able to nab 2 great football players. That's sweet.

Members online

Latest posts