Gutekunst Draft Tendencies

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
See I’ve always held there is BPA - Best Player Available and there is BPA - Best Prospect Available.

Love was for sure by far and above Gutes best prospect on the board.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The surest way to see Love regress would be to have him get hammered behind a poor offensive line. Currently, there us no depth and Myers is below average. However Gute's draft tendencies can be described up to now, I hope he goes o line early and often in this draft. If Love is the next franchise QB, and it looks that way, then protect him. This is a situation where it shouldn't be overanalyzed. Go get some good o linemen!

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for responding. I still disagree with your BPA analysis of who is going to help us the most at this moment in time. Gary, Love, Wyatt & LVN did not play enough snaps in their rookie years to fall into that category IMO.
Oh, I see where we're not connecting... I don't think immediate impact is critically important to him; just impact at some point. Didn't mean to give that impression.

He just wants the best possible player he can get, like most GMs do in the 1st. And this seems to be his preferred way of finding that player.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
The surest way to see Love regress would be to have him get hammered behind a poor offensive line. Currently, there us no depth and Myers is below average. However Gute's draft tendencies can be described up to now, I hope he goes o line early and often in this draft. If Love is the next franchise QB, and it looks that way, then protect him. This is a situation where it shouldn't be overanalyzed. Go get some good o linemen!

This speaks to me.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for responding. I still disagree with your BPA analysis of who is going to help us the most at this moment in time. Gary, Love, Wyatt & LVN did not play enough snaps in their rookie years to fall into that category IMO.
Agree. Imo, he's similar to Thompson in round 1 in that he leans much more towards who will be a really good player by years 2 and 3.