OFFICIAL GIANTS PACKER TALK

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm kinda torn on the whole "rust" deal, but I think I've finally come to my personal conclusion...
Rust sure didnt do anything to the Pats and Niners..

Also the momentum and how great the Saints were playing sure didnt help them

2 things we have heard this week that is suppose to help the Giants

Farvetowebster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And I also heard great things about the Broncos' pass rush. Was Brady even touched during this game?
if your comparing the pass rush of the broncos to the gaints your making a major mistake....honestly I think the packers will attack the giants with the middle zone passing game to take away the giants pass rush..the key for the giants imo will be to take away rodgers first read and give the guys up front time to get to him..what also concerns me is A-rod isnt sitting duck back there he can move....all in all I hope the giants stick it to your over confident team and fanbase.;)

Reaction score
if your comparing the pass rush of the broncos to the gaints your making a major mistake....honestly I think the packers will attack the giants with the middle zone passing game to take away the giants pass rush..the key for the giants imo will be to take away rodgers first read and give the guys up front time to get to him..what also concerns me is A-rod isnt sitting duck back there he can move....all in all I hope the giants stick it to your over confident team and fanbase.;)
Please. Don't even come in here with talk of an over confident team and fanbase. It is the Giants, the media and their fanbase with their chests puffed out as if the Giants have the greatest front 4 in all of history. Rodgers can **** and dunk you do to death if that's what you like and then strike for a 30 yard bomb to Jordy, or Jennings..or Driver....or Jones...or Finely...or Cobb.

Farvetowebster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Please. Don't even come in here with talk of an over confident team and fanbase. It is the Giants, the media and their fanbase with their chests puffed out as if the Giants have the greatest front 4 in all of history. Rodgers can **** and dunk you do to death if that's what you like and then strike for a 30 yard bomb to Jordy, or Jennings..or Driver....or Jones...or Finely...or Cobb.
i just said that about the ***** and dunks..try being original in your posts..if you dont have actual football talk to add I suggest you go into the smack talk section..nothing I just said was false.

Farvetowebster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watch your tone. I'm done talking to you.
sorry if I came off like a ****..but you made the comment about coming on here and acting a certain way..I was talking about the game...I will say it again with all due respect try talking football and not just making random comments that have no bearing to the convo.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
i just said that about the ***** and dunks..try being original in your posts..if you dont have actual football talk to add I suggest you go into the smack talk section..nothing I just said was false.

Since the game hasnt been played yet, your opinion cant be considered true..

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What the NO-SF showed me was two things: the impact of turnovers is the real "X" factor in a game, and that running the ball in the playoffs is not an absolute must. Frank Gore ran for about 80 yards and the 9ers, a heavy running team, didn't run for much more than 100. Saints ran the ball hardly at all. Yet both teams scored over 30 points.

Farvetowebster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What the NO-SF showed me was two things: the impact of turnovers is the real "X" factor in a game, and that running the ball in the playoffs is not an absolute must. Frank Gore ran for about 80 yards and the 9ers, a heavy running team, didn't run for much more than 100. Saints ran the ball hardly at all. Yet both teams scored over 30 points.
it took this game to teach you those things? jfc

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score

Eli is the real true blind homer in all this. He called himself elite.

Reaction score
I truly think it's up to our defense. They are going to be the factor if this game is close or not. The Packers offense is going to put up points. It's up to our defense to stop the Giants from doing the same. They have got to eliminate the big plays. They must. There's no choice here.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I truly think it's up to our defense. They are going to be the factor if this game is close or not. The Packers offense is going to put up points. It's up to our defense to stop the Giants from doing the same. They have got to eliminate the big plays. They must. There's no choice here.

Handling the pass rush, not giving up a bunch of big plays, and limiting the Giants' running game. Packers don't at least 2 of those well that and they will have a hard time winning. Turnovers can change all that, but relying on TOs is not a good game plan.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I am really excited. Also, I sorta believe the winner of this game now goes to the SB. Kinda felt this the last few days which just adds to the pressure for me.

No disrespect to the Niners either but the winner of tomorrow I feel should have an edge in the title game.

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Today is the day people!
And I have to study for my exam, on Monday, all day until the game.
Try to ignore the media and forums etc.

I just want to say though, regardless of the outcome today I am so proud of this team and what they have accomplished this season.

cant wait to see them take the field ready to do what they know best,

Win.

Big Blue Blogger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's hoping for a clean, well-officiated game between two great organizations. Don't mind the trolls. Most Giant fans admit that Green Bay is the better team. New York has probably closed the gap sufficiently to have more than a puncher's chance, as long as they protect the ball.

If the Giants lose, I have to wear a Tramon Williams #38 jersey to work on Tuesday. If they win, my colleague has to wear Tiki Barber's #21.

Enjoy the game, be well, and go easy on the Leinenkugel if you're driving.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
My game plan for the Pack:

Offense: Rodgers, you know what to do. Jennings, Nelson, Driver, Jones (WR) and Finley (TE), NO dropped balls! Work the sidelines and wear out the Giants D with your speed. Most of you will need double coverage and that will free up someone else and spread the Giants thin. Running game, short yardage/ gains on 2nd down or for 3rd down convos if 3rd and short (less than 3 yards). Most important, O-Lineman (RT, LT, RG. LG) protect your QB!!!! Pocket and pass protection is paramount! Crosby, you have been ace this year, we will need you if this game comes down to a FG.

Defense: Believe. You guys have struggled this year, but you have triumphed as well. Mix it up a little. Utilize Matthews and maybe move him around or drop him into coverage. Eli is a great QB but he is inconsistent. Put him off his game and you negate their offense. If they are not putting points on the board, their defense does not matter. Look for picks, and if given the chance, take it to the house, but worry about securing possession first. You must generate some type of pass rush, but I'd be more concerned with the Giants run game. Run D is going to need to be on guard as the Giant tend to run the ball more. Most important is to get some pressure on Eli and cause him to make stupid mistakes.

Special teams: Cobb, I speak to you. Protect the football. Don't do anything foolish like try and run it out of the endzone when you are 5 yards deep. Call for a fair catch if things look iffy. Especially if the score is close and it looks like the Giants have momentum. The rest if the ST, play conservative. We have the offense to go down the field, no need to go crazy. Protect the ball!!!

Lasty, Go Pack Go! We are 15-1 with the now indisputable best offense and QB!

~Love from Coach Kitten

PackAttack1992

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What is the reasoning behind not wearing sleeves? Do they really think being colder than the opponents will scare them because they're trying to say they can handle the cold? Not trying to be sarcastic at all - I just don't see the point behind it. It seems like more of a disadvantage.

Farvetowebster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eli is the real true blind homer in all this. He called himself elite.
ha...he didnt call himself elite...he was asked in an interview if he considers himself in the same category as Rodgers and Brady.....What is he supposed to say? "No, Im a loser" of course not.....Go Giants!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BillyBoy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For some reason, Eli always conjures up the image of Mickey Mouse in my mind. Just the way he calls out the audibles or something.

And he's always got that "aw, shucks" look when he throws an INT or something. It's funny, when Favre would throw a pick back in the day he would just laugh about it a lot of times, and if I was watching with my dad that would make him SO mad.

"Oh yeah, Favre, real funny! Look at him out there, he thinks it's all a big joke!"

"It's a game, Dad...take it easy." :D ...as I'm throwing the remote through the window.

Farvetowebster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What is the reasoning behind not wearing sleeves? Do they really think being colder than the opponents will scare them because they're trying to say they can handle the cold? Not trying to be sarcastic at all - I just don't see the point behind it. It seems like more of a disadvantage.
they are doing it imo to convince themselves that they are a tough team maybe? The packers are not known for being a tough physical team...although prbly the best and most talented team, they are by no means a tough physical football team.