Official Game Day Thread: Saints @ Packers - 9/8: Win 42 - 34

Who will NBC choose for the Thursday NFL Kickoff?

• Total voters

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Kid Rock and Black Eye Peas according to several media reports. Nothing has been officially confirmed though.

Too bad we can't ever get someone good. Man, The Black Eyed Peas sucked so bad during the Super Bowl. They better bribe David Bowie to sing Heroes this Super Bowl to avoid that crap again!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Too bad we can't ever get someone good. Man, The Black Eyed Peas sucked so bad during the Super Bowl. They better bribe David Bowie to sing Heroes this Super Bowl to avoid that crap again!

Who's david bowie?

lol sorry had to poke fun at a few middle aged members on here.

How about Justin Timberlake? he loves the Packers.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Who's david bowie?

LOL it's cool man, Timberlake ain't so bad, he's got talent. They could have picked him rather than Black Eyed Peas, I'm sure he'd also give us a nice Go Pack Go!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who's david bowie?

LOL it's cool man, Timberlake ain't so bad, he's got talent. They could have picked him rather than Black Eyed Peas, I'm sure he'd also give us a nice Go Pack Go!
Probably wouldn't happen.
JT is focusing more on his acting rather than singing right now.

Maybe he could do some kind of Shakespeare thing only worded for the Green & Gold faithful?

To be Green or not to be Green, that is the question.
Whether 'tis nobler in the locker room to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous coaches
Or to take arms against a sea of line backers,
And by opposing teams end them? To loose: to sleep;
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
The heart-ache and the thousand natural shocks
That comes from a game ending interception.
But we shall rise! Rise above all our weary troubles and rise
we shall to be victorious, yet again!
Our destiny lies within the faithful who come to the big house to cheer, to roar,
to celebrate when we rise again and again!

(Written with no apologies to William *Say what? What the hell are you trying to tell us, man?* Shakespeare.)

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Probably wouldn't happen.
JT is focusing more on his acting rather than singing right now.

Maybe he could do some kind of Shakespeare thing only worded for the Green & Gold faithful?

To be Green or not to be Green, that is the question.
Whether 'tis nobler in the locker room to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous coaches
Or to take arms against a sea of line backers,
And by opposing teams end them? To loose: to sleep;
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
The heart-ache and the thousand natural shocks
That comes from a game ending interception.
But we shall rise! Rise above all our weary troubles and rise
we shall to be victorious, yet again!
Our destiny lies within the faithful who come to the big house to cheer, to roar,
to celebrate when we rise again and again!

(Written with no apologies to William *Say what? What the hell are you trying to tell us, man?* Shakespeare.)

His new album will be out in the spring/summer of next year. With a huge north American tour in the summer/fall.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He might be the best host I have ever seen.

To be fair im in my mid 20s so its not like I have seen the whole run of SNL
What you've been seeing has been lousy.
They have had bad years before where it's like "Why don't they just quit now" and then it gets better. Like a football team.
But I have never seen it where it's just bad and getting worse as it is now constantly. IMO.

But yeah. JT is a breath of fresh air into that long running show.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I would still love to see David Bowie do the Super Bowl one year.

The Rolling Stones got to do it, and even though they are so old and washed out from years of drug abuse, they still can put up a show, and sing those 40 year old songs.

Paul McCartney did it, and I am pretty sure multiple times. he's OK but I've seen better

The Who rocked, or at least I thought the old group sounded good

Latest I heard David Bowie singing was in 2003 and he still can sing. So they should let another rock legend do the Super Bowl.

Black Eyed Peas were the WORST. They sounded like crap, and Fergie butchered one of GNR's best tunes, that not even Slash standing there could save it.

Give respect to the foundation, and one of the biggest overlooked legends in the history of music.

You know Bowie could do like a medley of some of his best tunes from the 70's. Do Heroes, and go into another song like Fame, and then fade out with The Jean Genie. There you go, much better than listening to the Black Eyed Peas again!!!

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Back to the game, and not the sideshow distraction noise.

How have the Saints injuries been so far in camp/pre-season?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would still love to see David Bowie do the Super Bowl one year.

The Rolling Stones got to do it, and even though they are so old and washed out from years of drug abuse, they still can put up a show, and sing those 40 year old songs.

Paul McCartney did it, and I am pretty sure multiple times. he's OK but I've seen better

The Who rocked, or at least I thought the old group sounded good

Latest I heard David Bowie singing was in 2003 and he still can sing. So they should let another rock legend do the Super Bowl.

Black Eyed Peas were the WORST. They sounded like crap, and Fergie butchered one of GNR's best tunes, that not even Slash standing there could save it.

Give respect to the foundation, and one of the biggest overlooked legends in the history of music.

You know Bowie could do like a medley of some of his best tunes from the 70's. Do Heroes, and go into another song like Fame, and then fade out with The Jean Genie. There you go, much better than listening to the Black Eyed Peas again!!!
I love classic rock so, to me, it's a little bit like selling out when those bands I have albums of put on a brief show of their best hits. It brings it down to a quantity instead of quality show.
Put Rebecca Black up there and we will see how unpopular she really is in front of adult football fans! LOL

Bring back marching bands for SB half time shows.

(Sorry Frank.
We now return to our regularly scheduled Packer football forum.)

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
You guys know that the Saints play the Bears in the Superdome right after week 1?

If they don't make it through us, I think they'll beat down the Bears to avoid a 0-2 hole.

But also a test is us.

If they can get to Rodgers good, like they have been doing in preseason against the Niners and Texans, they are going to have a field day putting Cutler in the ground all day.

morningwood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Back to the game, and not the sideshow distraction noise.

How have the Saints injuries been so far in camp/pre-season?

Well, we have had a large number but no season ending injuries to any starters (unless you count J. Stinchcomb who started RT for the last several years, but that was more of a failure to recover from a previous injury).

A couple of DT's are currently out of practice, most notably Franklin. I would be surprised if he is ready for week 1.

It's always hard to tell with SP -- he's not exactly chatty when it comes to injuries. For example, Carl Nicks currently "has a knee."

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a big game.
The two most recent SB winners playing each other on NFL opening night for one to be 1-0 and the other 0-1.
It will be a good and lousy start for one or the other.
We are so ready for football. (Pre-season is taking forever!)

(I know that officially it's not a "big game" but to us Packers fans, it is!)
You know what I mean?
Anyone else feel like this is an awesome season opener?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, we have had a large number but no season ending injuries to any starters (unless you count J. Stinchcomb who started RT for the last several years, but that was more of a failure to recover from a previous injury).

A couple of DT's are currently out of practice, most notably Franklin. I would be surprised if he is ready for week 1.

It's always hard to tell with SP -- he's not exactly chatty when it comes to injuries. For example, Carl Nicks currently "has a knee."

I really never understood the Franklin signing. He's strickly a 0 gap, 2 gap run stuffer (maybe the best in the league at it, but only that). He brings nothing in terms of pass rush, specially from the 3 gap position.

Unless Williams is running some odd, 3-4 fronts...

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I think they'll get the high ratings they wanted.

Last two super bowl teams meeting in the season opener. Who wouldn't want that?

Gotta admit, the Saints are lucky they aren't getting us in the winter. They beat the Bungles in light snow last year, but I have yet to ever see them win against a real good team in the snow or hard cold.

morningwood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
RS, Williams does run some 3-4, may see more of it this year, IDK. In the 3-4 Franklin will still play at NT. I doubt you will see him in the 3tech, but with Williams you never know. Man's crazy. Williams will find a way to use him. Other tha being dinged up we are suddenly pretty deep at DT. No doubt we will have to cut one and maybe 2 promising players at that position.

Bogart, there is no doubt we are lucky not to be playing in GB in December. Of course, given the fact that SB champs always wins those games one might question just how lucky we are. But, I am certainly not complaining. It's an honor to be in that game.

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm just hoping both teams come out prepared and fully loaded with no injuries at major positions.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I'm just hoping both teams come out prepared and fully loaded with no injuries at major positions.

I agree with the no injuries part, but I want the Saints to come out stumbling and fumbling and disorganized. A man can dream can't he. I think the Saints are more of a threat than the Iggles.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
do you guys think that with NO's rep for questionable late hits on the QB, refs will be extra sensitive and flags will fly? I'm sure MM will have a word with the officiating crew to have them keep an eye on that stuff.

morningwood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
do you guys think that with NO's rep for questionable late hits on the QB, refs will be extra sensitive and flags will fly? I'm sure MM will have a word with the officiating crew to have them keep an eye on that stuff.

You guys live too close to MN. BTW, I think it's ironic how they do so much whining and it would not surprise me if they get fined more than any other team.

Anyway, I would not worry much about that -- depsite what MN fans say we really don't have that history.

Our D Line is improved. Will Smith looks as good as I have ever seen him. Because he is due for a big bump next year in his salary, I tend to think this is almost a contract year for him. I am not sure what your LT situation looks like, but I am sure they have a plan to keep Rodgers clean.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm actually surprised the NFL let them play this one at Lambeau.
Maybe it's just me, but it most often seems like the Pack plays the strong teams on the road.
Cowboys, Eagles, Stealers, Falcons, Pats etc. hardly ever come to Green Bay if at all.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts