Official Game Day Thread: Packers @ Steelers 12/20: LOSS 37 - 36

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here we go again. Another tough game that we have to win on the road and prove we deserve a playoff spot. The men of steel (or aluminum at this point) are not playing well and this is our chance to capitalize on that downward spiral.

Lets complete this 3 team stand that I predicted if we win all 3 we are going to have a playoff spot!

GO PACK GO!

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green Bay has enough to win this game. Our counterparts on the Steelers forums are humble enough to suggest that we are probably the toughest team to face so far for their season. Many of them think we are going to win and I do too. GO PACK!

Sparkey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They can't afford to have the turnovers they had against the Bears. Plus, it would be nice to see a few of those stalled drives inside the twenty converted to td's! Lets not let this game be close in the 4th quarter.

On the plus side, Polamaolu is out as is Hartwig. Capers should be able to get pressure up the middle, which is key playing against a qb like Roethlisberger.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This isn't a must win game. Actually, this game doesn't matter much.

Winning or losing this game wouldn't affect much, as if we lose the other two, NY would held the tiebreaker.

It only matters for the 5th seed.

And I think the Steelers will come to play. So I predict a close loss.

ndandrea91

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree Green Bay should win this brutal game @ Heinz Field, but do do you all think the Packers will do in the playoffs?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I think the Pack played sort of a trap game last week and came out with a W..

I believe this game if they keep their heads about them (penalties and the stupid mistakes) they win this easy

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
As long as we can put the heat on Roethlisberger, we should be fine. They don't have much of a run game anymore and their defense is reeling.

Our biggest issues this year seem to revolve around gameplan, and we seem to have that under control as of late. Let's keep it up.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Isn't is unreal how Pitt has been playing lately? If we don't screw up with penalties and turnovers I like our chances. But winning on the road will not be easy. Thankfully this is an AFC game.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree Green Bay should win this brutal game @ Heinz Field, but do do you all think the Packers will do in the playoffs?

The packers have the talent to go to the playoffs but certainly not a deep run. We're mistaken prone and have a tendency to slip up *cough* third quarters *cough* i doubt we'll move past the first game but who knows. Best case scenario we make it to the divisional game.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
The packers have the talent to go to the playoffs but certainly not a deep run. We're mistaken prone and have a tendency to slip up *cough* third quarters *cough* i doubt we'll move past the first game but who knows. Best case scenario we make it to the divisional game.

If they Pack does go 1-1 in the playoffs, I think it would be disappointing sure. But if you look at it pragmatically, that is pretty darn good for a QB in his 2nd year as a Starter and still a young team.

It will be interesting to see how Rogers handles Playoff level football.

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think this will be a pretty close game and Mason comes through for us all this time with the game winning kick on the crappy field in Pittsburgh. 17-14 will be the final score.

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think this will be a win for us. Even with Pittsburgh reeling the way they are this year, they still scare me. However, I just don't see a team like the Pack who as all the momentum on their side losing to a team that has just fell apart. Green Bay has 5 straight wins and Pittsburgh has 5 straight loses. Green Bay will win this!

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If they Pack does go 1-1 in the playoffs, I think it would be disappointing sure. But if you look at it pragmatically, that is pretty darn good for a QB in his 2nd year as a Starter and still a young team.

It will be interesting to see how Rogers handles Playoff level football.

What happened to the good old days when packer fans set the stamdard for success as the superbowl? I know i have doubted how far the pack will go this postseason but anything less than the lombardi trophy is a failure. Even if we end up going 12-4 from 6-10, not going to the SB is still a lost season for me.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
What happened to the good old days when packer fans set the stamdard for success as the superbowl? I know i have doubted how far the pack will go this postseason but anything less than the lombardi trophy is a failure. Even if we end up going 12-4 from 6-10, not going to the SB is still a lost season for me.

I agree, anything short of a SB win is disappointing. But, if you look at the strides this team has made this year. Going from 6-10 to potentially 11-5, you gotta be pleased with that improvement.

If we had won one of the Vike games, we would be tied for the division!!

Awesome year for the Pack if I do say so. If we can have another great daft, pick up a key free agent (remember uncapped year in 2010) and retain our core players, this team would be a SB contender next year.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think if the pack can cut down the penalties,and run the ball more on offense,special teams did better than what i thought against the bears d-line they will get after big ben can see some turn overs there i think if they play like they did agaisnt the bears as far as those things go it can be a win.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree, anything short of a SB win is disappointing. But, if you look at the strides this team has made this year. Going from 6-10 to potentially 11-5, you gotta be pleased with that improvement.

If we had won one of the Vike games, we would be tied for the division!!

Awesome year for the Pack if I do say so. If we can have another great daft, pick up a key free agent (remember uncapped year in 2010) and retain our core players, this team would be a SB contender next year.
I don't see it like it. I see it more as a 8-8, 13-3 NFCC, 6-10, and now 9-4. So, just reaching the playoffs IMHO would be failure.

However, I don't set the standard to SB or Bust, because it's a process. A playoff win would comprove that we're in the right track. Hell, depending on the game, and how it goes, even a loss, if very close, and hard fought, would show enough progress.

But a loss would bring much more urgency to next year...

Green_Bay_Packers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see it like it. I see it more as a 8-8, 13-3 NFCC, 6-10, and now 9-4. So, just reaching the playoffs IMHO would be failure.

However, I don't set the standard to SB or Bust, because it's a process. A playoff win would comprove that we're in the right track. Hell, depending on the game, and how it goes, even a loss, if very close, and hard fought, would show enough progress.

But a loss would bring much more urgency to next year...

Yeah but 6-10 to 9-4 atm is a massive improvement, hopefully we will get a shot in the playoffs to see how Rodgers can handle those type of games.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score

However, I don't set the standard to SB or Bust, because it's a process. A playoff win would comprove that we're in the right track.

If we look at the team starting from the start of the Roger's era, the team has seen a great improvement this year.

I think a good measuring stick will be the playoffs and can we win a playoff game this year. Look at the Cowboys, they have been trying to get a playoff win for the last 14 years or something like that.

JeffQuery

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So you're saying that playoff wins are not EASY to come by now...??

What about the ******* who criticize FAVRE then for HIS playoff record then, hypocrites?

Members online

Latest posts