Official Game Day Thread: Packers @ Lions - 12/12: LOSS 7 - 3

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
We still have hope, we'll have a technical chance for awhile, i mean the queens are still in the hunt technically. I'm not jumping ship, i'm gonna stay positive and root for the pack, but in all honesty, I don't think this team is necessarily even playoff ready. No run game (as a result of no offensive line IMHO), no run defense, no special teams, and no pass protection. Like i said i'm still gonna root my *** off during the games, but i'm almost just looking foward to next year where we can have a full healthy team.

as far as this loss goes- terrible play calling at the end of the game.- makes you realize why so many packer fans flip flop on hating/liking MM. offensive line is terrible, and I think its pretty clear that as good as this defense played mid-to-beginning of the season the injuries are beginning to take their toll. IMO the score doesn't reflect how the defense actually played. Also this team is going nowhere without number 12. He's just as valuable to us as peyton to the colts.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are very much still alive and still in the hunt but the fact is we are just going to have to play better than we did today or it's not going to matter if we get there or not. I have incredible faith in this team and it hurts my soul to see them lose. It can be like a dagger to the heart but alas not a fatal wound. This team will do what it has always done this season, pick itself up and march on. I am praying that Aaron is OK and comes back to us next week. I don't know what to make of Flynn against NE. I also pray the Lions injured player (Johnson?) is OK as well. This was a trap game, we can take solace that our D played their hearts out, they just couldn't do anything about the points on the other end. As for our offense, they will have some work to do this week to get ready for NE. It can be done, we know what this team can do. Many blessings to all things Packers, you will always be the best team in my eyes. Now regroup and unleash the wrath of God on NE!!! Clay and company sack the living hell out of Brady! We shall have our retribution, losing to the Lions probably only succeeded in making the Packers mad. At the end of the year, go for the jugular with the Bears. Time to channel this energy into something tangible. Get mad, eyes narrowed to tiny slits, fangs fully exposed, seething with fury and just annihilate all who stand against you. Seek and destroy.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
The Pats don't even need a win against us next week. I'm going to call Brady and tell him to cuddle up under the stockings with Giselle in his Uggs next week.

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, we'll need to make it at 10-6.

We'd have to beat the NYG and CHI

At that point, we'd need NYG to lose one more before playing us

TB would need to lose one more, too.

I think we'd sneak in as a wildcard then if NYG and TB are 10-6 with us. Then, it just depends on how well we're playing in January.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
We are very much still alive and still in the hunt but the fact is we are just going to have to play better than we did today or it's not going to matter if we get there or not. I have incredible faith in this team and it hurts my soul to see them lose. It can be like a dagger to the heart but alas not a fatal wound. This team will do what it has always done this season, pick itself up and march on. I am praying that Aaron is OK and comes back to us next week. I don't know what to make of Flynn against NE. I also pray the Lions injured player (Johnson?) is OK as well. This was a trap game, we can take solace that our D played their hearts out, they just couldn't do anything about the points on the other end. As for our offense, they will have some work to do this week to get ready for NE. It can be done, we know what this team can do. Many blessings to all things Packers, you will always be the best team in my eyes. Now regroup and unleash the wrath of God on NE!!! Clay and company sack the living hell out of Brady! We shall have our retribution, losing to the Lions probably only succeeded in making the Packers mad. At the end of the year, go for the jugular with the Bears. Time to channel this energy into something tangible. Get mad, eyes narrowed to tiny slits, fangs fully exposed, seething with fury and just annihilate all who stand against you. Seek and destroy.

Kitten, you are a wonderful writer and always upbeat, looking on the bright side. But one sentence in this post caused me to take a double take and made me laugh.

You wrote it [the loss] can be like a dagger to the heart but alas not a fatal wound."

LOL....you wanted it to be a fatal wound? It made me smile on a day when so many people want to shoot the QB, tar and feather the running backs, draw and quarter the O-line, and hang the coach. Ivo and LTF have been areas of sanity, but next time the Packers lose, which I hope be never again, I am not going to read the posts until Tuesday...give people a chance to calm down. My only complaint was that when Rodgers got knocked out of the game, I lost all chance of winning the Jennings picture! Other than that, I feel okay.
Have a nice day,

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kitten, you are a wonderful writer and always upbeat, looking on the bright side. But one sentence in this post caused me to take a double take and made me laugh.

You wrote it [the loss] can be like a dagger to the heart but alas not a fatal wound."

LOL....you wanted it to be a fatal wound? It made me smile on a day when so many people want to shoot the QB, tar and feather the running backs, draw and quarter the O-line, and hang the coach. Ivo and LTF have been areas of sanity, but next time the Packers lose, which I hope be never again, I am not going to read the posts until Tuesday...give people a chance to calm down. My only complaint was that when Rodgers got knocked out of the game, I lost all chance of winning the Jennings picture! Other than that, I feel okay.
Have a nice day,

LOL and thanks! That comment just means it hurts but it's not fatal. Meaning we are down but not out. I hope you have a good rest of your evening and try to love some of these guys even when they are negative. They just deal with things differently but they are still Packer fans in their hearts and therefore our hearts are bound together. Hopefully our positive energy can be a light to those who are sad for the very same reasons we are sad.

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the Patriots destroying teams lately, Brady having won 20+ straight home games, i dont think we have a chance next week. Patriots are hitting their stride at the right time. we're still trying to figure it out.

OsiRis6661

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ugh.. this is gonna be a long next 4 games, theres still hope but its fading fast:dontknow:

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the Patriots destroying teams lately, Brady having won 20+ straight home games, i dont think we have a chance next week. Patriots are hitting their stride at the right time. we're still trying to figure it out.
If Rodgers can't play, we might as well not even make the trip out there. Phone it in, which would save a few new injuries anyway.

If Rodgers is good to go, we can win because nobody ever blows us out.

Jennings really pissed me off today. Him and Quarless cost us an early 14-0 or 10-0 lead and turned what would have been a routing blowout in Detroit into a DISGRACE and a costly loss with Rodgers going out.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Originally Posted by armand34
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
I got a bad feeling about this game b/c of superstitious reasons...I'm wearing my Clay Matthews jersey today, I haven't worn it in a while b/c Packers have lost every time I have worn the Jersey...I'm trying to break the jinx...so I'm wearing it today, I don't want an unlucky jersey...however, my G/F is currently trying to "unwrinkle" her aaron rodgers away jersey, and I know it's a big no no to wash jerseys, but it's not getting washed it's in the dryer...Only God knows what will happen now
Go burn that jersey.

Now.

I'm going to sell it on ebay...maybe the curse will go away if it's no longer my possession

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This game was frustrating for me because:
1) Packers were kept out of the end zone.
2) They lost to one of, if not, the worst NFL team. The friggen Lions, for corn's sake!
3) I have lost faith in them to get to the SB.
Playoffs? Maybe if they're lucky.
Superbowl? Forget it.
Arrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhh!!!!

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
There is no way this team goes anywhere if they make the playoffs. we have no offensive line which results in no run game. our run D is pathetic as the Lions managed almost 200 yards on it. and frankly, we aren't going to win without either of those things.

I will agree that our O=line is very, very disappointing, but I can not accept criticism of our defense. The packers have still given up fewer points than any other team in the NFL. Well actually I can accept criticism because we are all entitled to our opinions.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Driver was thrown to nine times, caught two for 12 yards, and both Packers interceptions were on passes to him. Wondering if he makes it to next season

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Driver was thrown to nine times, caught two for 12 yards, and both Packers interceptions were on passes to him. Wondering if he makes it to next season
No the first interception was to Jennings, right to Jennings hands actually. Not Driver. Did you mean to say Jennings up there?

RayNitschke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This was a game where a good tight end would have dominated on offense. Screens and draws - when you can manage to execute them - plus more toss sweep runs would have helped too. The Lions have a big D Line. Keep them running laterally and they'll wear out. The Pack needs to run a jumbo package once in awhile and block down on the edge a lot better.

Rutnstrut

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This was a game where a good tight end would have dominated on offense. Screens and draws - when you can manage to execute them - plus more toss sweep runs would have helped too. The Lions have a big D Line. Keep them running laterally and they'll wear out. The Pack needs to run a jumbo package once in awhile and block down on the edge a lot better.

This was a game where a decent running back would have won the game. Thank the bonehead TT for not getting anyone for Grant.

Members online

Latest posts