1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Official Game Day Thread: Packers @ Lions - 12/12: LOSS 7 - 3

Discussion in 'Game Day Archive' started by Archangel, Dec 6, 2010.

1. GreenGoldAngel

GreenGoldAngel Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +132
    Well we only threw 17 passes in the first game and won.

PackersRS...is that a play on Toys "R" Us...or does it mean something else.. Just curious, don't need to answer.

And I don't want to talk about kickers for a loooooong time.

2. packerfan4ever

packerfan4ever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +53
    Pack will win this one,even if woodson is out our 2nd string guys have been playing well,and they stopped some good r.bs when they had to they may give up a lot of yards,but they don't give up on t.ds o-line will hold up think A-rod know3s what he has up frount so he'll do what he has to to win,I know Crosby had a bad kick last week but think he will be fine seems all kickers are off this year,I think we take the lead early 17-0 first quater that is optimism.

3. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    I'm from Brazil.

More specifically, Rio Grande do Sul.

The state abbreviation is RS. like NY, WI, MN...

4. JCpackers04

JCpackers04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +17
    Jackson has been effective when used on screen plays, id like to see a nice combo of Starks running the ball and Jackson receiving the screens.

If we can get a solid run/short pass game going it can open up the deeper pass plays for us, which is where we can trust Rodgers to shred the Lions apart.

Man is it Sunday yet? waiting for these last bunch of games is going to be a killer!

5. gbpack12_2_89

gbpack12_2_89 Bleeding Green and Gold

Ratings:
    +192
    Well now that I look outside here in good ole GB I really wish that this game was at home on sunday because it is deffinatly Packers weather. Cold, windy, and a blizzard going on also its supposed to snow on and off till sunday.

Prediction is
    Pack- 34
    Lions- 13

6. DevilDon

DevilDon Inclement Weather Fan

Ratings:
    +445
    GBPack12 that sig is effin' hilarious. I like the bling!

7. GreenGoldAngel

Ratings:
    +132
    I do not predict scores...if I could I would be rich and not posting here. I do know that you must win your home games, that is a given. On the road you must beat inferior teams, not always easy because home field advantage is powerful. I just looked at Bleacher Reports and they say Packers win 38-10. I would lay money on Detroit on that score if I bet . If you are playing on the road against a divisional rival, it usually is a nail bitter regardless of records. But the packers are 6 .5 favorites, so I am comfortable, things look good.

8. packers020802

packers020802 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +55

really worried about THIS game.
    It will be over by half time just like every other game Vs Detroit.

Worry about the 3 games AFTER this game....

9. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    Walt of WalterFootball.com is pretty awesome. He's hilarious and knowledgeable. His site is worth bookmarking. WalterFootball.com: NFL Picks Against the Spread - Week 14, 2010

Here's his synopsis of the Packers-Lions game, and he also hones in on the wagering aspect of the games. He tends to win money every year, which is nice if we have any gamblers here. He picks the PACKERS to win, but not cover. That's fine with me. He picks the Vikings to beat NY Giants, for 3 units. He also liked New England for 1 unit, which isn't quite as confident. Let's hope he goes 3-3 in picking the winning team in these games! If so, the Packers will be moving up and closer to the top.

GREEN BAY OFFENSE: The Packers may have found the missing piece to the puzzle in their win over the 49ers. Seeing action for the first time all year because of injury, rookie running back James Starks was very impressive against San Francisco's third-ranked rush defense.

Starks ran for 73 yards on 18 carries on Sunday. He'll be far more effective this week because the Lions are 26th versus ground attacks. Four of Detroit's previous five opponents have compiled at least 91 rushing yards against them.

As if Aaron Rodgers needed more help, right? Rodgers is on fire; he hasn't thrown an interception in his past 177 attempts. Donald Driver is also looking as healthy as he's been all year.

DETROIT OFFENSE: The Lions put up 20 points on the Bears last week. However, all but 51 of their total yards came in the first half, as Chicago struggled to tackle before intermission.

If the Packers show up completely focused - I'll get to that later - Detroit won't be able to score. Running the ball won't be an option because Green Bay is eighth against the rush (although Cullen Jenkins won't play).

Meanwhile, Drew Stanton will do the usual - drop back 15 yards in the pocket and pray that Calvin Johnson can catch his desperate heave.

RECAP: Will Green Bay be completely sharp? I don't think so. The Packers are in a major Breather Alert. Following what should be an easy victory over Detroit, they have the Patriots, Giants and Bears to deal with.

The Lions are a feisty team that plays their opponents close. They took Green Bay down to the wire at Lambeau earlier in the year, losing 28-26.

The Psychology. Edge: Lions. [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Major Breather Alert for the Packers; this is their last "easy game;" after this, they have the Patriots, Giants and Bears.

The Vegas. Edge: Lions. [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Where do you think the money is going?
    Percentage of money on Green Bay: 84% (50,000 bets)

The Trends. Edge: Packers. [​IMG] History: Packers have won the last 10 meetings.
    Packers are 25-13 ATS on the road under Mike McCarthy.
    Jim Schwartz is 1-5 ATS as a divisional underdog of 7+.
    Opening Line: Packers -7.
    Opening Total: 47.
    Weather: Dome.

Week 14 NFL Pick: Packers 31, Lions 27
    Lions +6.5 (2 Units)
    Over 46.5 (0 Units)

10. GreenGoldAngel

Ratings:
    +132
    I just can't get worked up about a team that in their histry has never had a coach that won more than 66 games. That is one messed up organization.

11. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +280
    I got a bad feeling about this game b/c of superstitious reasons...I'm wearing my Clay Matthews jersey today, I haven't worn it in a while b/c Packers have lost every time I have worn the Jersey...I'm trying to break the jinx...so I'm wearing it today, I don't want an unlucky jersey...however, my G/F is currently trying to "unwrinkle" her aaron rodgers away jersey, and I know it's a big no no to wash jerseys, but it's not getting washed it's in the dryer...Only God knows what will happen now

12. JCpackers04

JCpackers04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +17
    the Giants-Vikings game has been replaced by the Packers-Lions in the NYC Area!

WOOOHOOOOOO! i get to watch on TV now! and in HD!!!

13. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,116
    Yeah its pretty much a national game according to the 506

14. GreenGoldAngel

Ratings:
    +132
    You have to get over these superstitons. In addition to wearing all your jerseys and a cheese head, wear garlic, wolvesbane, a cross, carry a wooden stake, and sprinkle holy water all over your place. Also because Detroit lions are a dangerous breed, keep a BB gun close buy. You make me laugh..in a good way.

15. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,427
    It's on Fox Philly too!!! Thanks Vikings!!!

16. PackAttackUK

PackAttackUK Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +26
  17. 2411t

2411t Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +119
    3rd & 1 and we don't run it?!?!? @$&^%,?~!

18. DTown SBrown

DTown SBrown Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +48
    sloppy football. Is it me or have we seemed slow starting over the last few weeks. Not a lot of production in the first quarter the last few months

19. PackAttackUK

PackAttackUK Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +26
    This Packers D needs to feed off of AJ Hawk right now

20. PackAttackUK

PackAttackUK Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +26
    Wtf greg!

21. JCpackers04

JCpackers04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +17
    both teams look out of snyc on offense. im confident we'll get it together though.

22. PackAttackUK

PackAttackUK Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +26
    Only positive from game right now? Masthay is punting well...

23. JCpackers04

JCpackers04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +17
    I feel like this game is a bad joke right now. extremely sloppy, on both sides part.

24. PackAttackUK

PackAttackUK Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +26
    Man, it's a REAL good job Drew Stanton can't pass for ****! Nice sack from the Claymaker too

25. 2411t

2411t Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +119
    WE ARE PLAYING f^c#ING STUPID FOOTBALL!!!! CMON RODGERS!