1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Official Game Day Thread: Packers @ Lions - 12/12: LOSS 7 - 3

Discussion in 'Game Day Archive' started by Archangel, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Archangel

Archangel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Lets get the talks started up early.

IMO, the best way to bet this team is to attack there weak point, which is there secondary, mainly Alphonso Smith.

Deep balls by A-Rod will destroy Smith, go back to the Pats game, Brady light up Smith. Just over and over throwing the ball his way, in Smith couldn't do anything about it.

I think the run is still what our team need to get started, if we wanna go far into the playoffs. But for this game, the air is best fit for us to win.
    :detsux:

2. FiercePierce6

FiercePierce6 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I'm worried about this game, it has trap possibility, but I think we realize that and we'll make a statement. No way Stanton beats, assuming he starts this week again.

3. Archangel

Archangel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    It's a trap if we try too hard to run, I mean yeah Kyle Van Den Bosch is hurt, he might play Sunday, so that DL is no joke.

IMO the best way to win is the air, attack them in the secondary, Greg and Donald both can rip the Lions and Jones will just add to that ripping.:detsux:

4. 2411t

2411t Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +119
    Don't forget we have yet to truly test out our newest offensive threat.

Attached Files:

5. Munch

Munch NFL Owner

Ratings:
    +89
    Not only could this be a trap game the Lions are an emerging threat to the NFC North. If the Pack wants to remove some of their momentum in the future they will play with the itensity they have shown all season. The screens and shovel passes are a great way to keep the backs out of the backfield and give them space to do their thing in the open field. It worked great yesterday and the other games they have done it in.

6. 3irty1

3irty1 Fear the Dreads!

Ratings:
    +115
    the last 3 outa 4 games we've played have been "trap" games. Luckily we have dominated all three of them, so I'm not worried (9ers, queens, cowboys). I'm sure the boys hear "give it your all" enough. I'm hoping for a repeat of last years shut out.

7. FiercePierce6

FiercePierce6 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    the last 3 outa 4 games we've played have been "trap" games.

Very true, but this weeks game is so much more important, Chicago will lose to New England, which means if we win we'll be back in a tie.

8. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,410
    of course we gotta throw but we do have starks

9. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +845
    Lions, Pats, Giants and Bears....Oh my!!!

I'm going in as confident as ever!!! Happily down my yellow (and green) brick road!!!!:pardon:

10. Mack_20

Mack_20 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    We need to attack the air, but hopefully get Starks involved more. I liked the way he ran yesterday, ran hard, fell forward to get the most out of every run, and hit the hole hard which I thought was most impressive. It was only one game, but i'd like to see more of him against Detroit

11. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    Making it official gameday thread.

And this is a 10+ points win. Easy.

It has to be. This is the easiest game we'll face. If we can't win this one, we better pack it up and go home already.

Of course, probabilities are we won't face the 3rd stringer QB, and we won't have a bogus call go our way.
    Probabilities are we're gonna have the refs screw up a big play by blowing the whistle early...

SCREW YOU REFS!!!!!!!! I HATE YOU I HATE YOU I HATE YOU!!!!

Wew! All better now...

12. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    Yeah, I dunno how people can guarantee victory. The Lions are hungry, desperate, and are vastly improved. Don't forget they gave us a close one at home. We really do need to be playing our best football against them and keep the momentum going for New England the week after.

13. PackerFanLV

PackerFanLV Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +78
    No more excuses, its late in the season every game counts. We have to win this game if we dont we can kiss the division good bye, the bears are playing good football. Some how lovey has got cutler playing mistake free. On another not for all the people that said starks looks skinny and weak, i guess he proved you guys wrong. He came through in the clutch to take the time off the clock and seal the victory.

14. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,427
    This has trap game written all over it. The Lions still have a VERY good secondary but I think Aaron and yes, now we have Starks can pick them apart. Still, I remain a bit wary of the Lions. This team is tricky, I think they have gotten screwed up the backside on more than just a few games (BEARS!) and they have got to be pissed. We don't want to be the team they take it all out on. Even with that I am very confident about this game. Our offense has been on fire, D should have no problems stopping the Lions charge. Maybe they can use this game to get back to elite status. I have high hopes we are going to be adding some new Lion skins to the Viking horns we have collected. Some Bear skins at the end of the season too!

GO PACK! Hail CM3, take back that sack lead! Aaron, over 3 TDs again. Jennings over 100 yds. Crosby (hear me fight for your life!) 3 FGs. Starks has a good day. Zombo 1 sack. Lions my tail! We shall make cute little Simbas out of their Mustafas!

Pack wins by at least 10.

Question. Who is the Lions QB? What of Stafford?

15. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,098
    Anyone going to the game?

16. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,098
    Lions are scrappy for 3 quarters, but its always that other quarter than dooms them. Stanton is kind of a joke though. Shut down Megatron and you pretty much shut them down.

Where did Best go btw?

17. Lunchboxer

Lunchboxer Guest

Ratings:
    +76
    Big Trap game here.

Better put it away early.

18. JCpackers04

JCpackers04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +17
    pretty worried about this one. Lions gave us a good fight in our own house and they've hung around the majority of their games till late in the 4th. Probably gonna be tougher than id like, but i think we're gonna pull out the W

19. Incubes12

Incubes12 Bay Harbor Butcher?

Ratings:
    +317
    I don't think it's going to be a trap. I think our players know how tough the Lions can be. That said, I just don't think Stanton is good enough to beat our secondary, and their defense won't hold our offense. If it was Shaun Hill at QB, I'd be considerably more worried.

20. DevilDon

DevilDon Inclement Weather Fan

Ratings:
    +445
    No way is this a trap game, the team is completely aware of the need to win this one. Traps happen when you're ahead IMO. The Packers are still fighting for their playoff lives. Tough games ahead, no possible way they take this one lightly.
    Though the offense has a tendency to start out slow, MM has a new weapon. "Starks provides the sparks"
    I think we can expect a pass or two to him this game and imagine him in the flat? Detroit's inside rush will dictate quick throws initially. I'm horrible worried about Suh against College and Wells so it will require that quick out.
    Our D is crazy good at stopping scoring, I see one TD to Calvin Johnson and one to their tight end and just field goals otherwise. I'd say 34-20 and Starks has his first professional TD on the road.

21. PackerFan87

PackerFan87 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +13
    Hopefully Jenkins' replacement(s) holds up ^^
    I think it will be similar to the 49ers game. They hang around for a bit then we pull away.

22. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    Lets also hope Woodson's ankle sprain isn't too serious.

23. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
  24. rawalabhay

rawalabhay Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +28
    Vanden Bosch is done for the season, so might be a bit easier to run the ball!

25. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    Yeah. That's unfortunate for them, but given our situation, it's great news.

On the other hand, so is Alphonso Smith, so it might be harder to pass on them.