Official Game Day Thread: Packers @ Bears - 9/27: LOSS 17 - 14

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Wow if they told us prior to kickoff that they were going to give the game away I wouldn't have bothered watching.
Now we have to listen to ****** Bear fans and how amazing their team is.

Cutler did look pretty good. But they obviously aren't that much better than the pack. They only won due to a turnover and a FG. I'd say all in all both teams are pretty evenly matched.

bglynn10

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I went online after the game to find a Packer forum just to make sure fans were as angry as I am haha. Fumble was gay as hell, and that defensive pass interference was such bs on that pick. Jay Cutler did ****, and no one can blame Aaron Rodgers.

styme33

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep, great F'n game:

1) An A-hole who can't avoid contact to the QB's head, costing a turnover to come back (Zombo)
2) An A-hole receiver who can't catch a football in the endzone (Jones)
3) An A-hole rookie punter ***** who kicks the ball (TWICE!) to Hester (Masthay)
4) An A-hole team that commits more penalties in one game than some teams will in eight (Packers)

Nice job pack!

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cutler didnt look good, he got bailed out by the refs on every errant throw he made. the defense breathed on him wrong and it was 15 yards

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Makes me wonder if we should have made a play for peppers in the off season?

I was so anti peppers but I am rethinking that...

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
honestly feel pretty sick at how pathetic they looked out there. Usually when facing the bears half of the penalties that go in favor of the bears, or against the opposing team are b.s. cause of the homefield advantage refs give them-almost like they're afraid to call penalties on the bears. BUT this game that was not the case, I thought most of the penalties (except the last pass interference on burnett) were all our fault. The packers lost that game no dought about it. now we can hear about the bears being the best in the division till we get back on top. Man it sucks to live near chicago...

PackerFan87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers got exposed. We got PROBLEMS! Special Teams discipline. Penalties cost us the game. Also with no running game we are just too one dimensional to be competitive.

Hope TT is on the phone with the bills right now to get lynch in here.

Thissss +1

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Matthews with 0 sacks was a big surprise. I hope this is a wake up call to not only the team but to alot of the over confident fans. You would think by reading from some of the posts on the forum that we are already SB champs.

bglynn10

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cutler didnt look good, he got bailed out by the refs on every errant throw he made. the defense breathed on him wrong and it was 15 yards

Exactly, there should have been at least 3 picks against Cutler. Piece of **** inexperienced rookies plus a line that doesn't know how not to hold is what lost the game.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
seriously... why does it have to be lynch? what makes him so good? yeah, nothing. No reason why we cant bring in someone cheap and get the same if not more for less $

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wasnt there some drama in the off season about Olsens place in the offense this season with Martz?

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i am extremely disappointed from this game. unbelievable. 18 penalties is absolutely absurd. Cutler was his usual inconsistent self, and got lucky that 2 or 3 interceptions were called back. our run game is pathetic, Kuhn (sp?) is better than Jackson already, if this game was in the winter our lack of run game would have killed us even more. wtf were they thinking when they didnt let the bears score to give themselves a minute to drive down the field and tie? ridiculous, incredibly stupid decision, doesnt make any sense on any level. extremely disappointed in so many different things from this game. thought we were gonna escape 3-0 but denied by ourselves.

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
seriously... why does it have to be lynch? what makes him so good? yeah, nothing. No reason why we cant bring in someone cheap and get the same if not more for less $

he had 13 attempts for 79 yards (6.1 avg) this week against the pats, thats better than what we got. maybe its cause im angry at him, but i wouldnt be opposed to giving J. jones and someone else to the bills for him right now.

bglynn10

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he had 13 attempts for 79 yards (6.1 avg) this week against the pats, thats better than what we got. maybe its cause im angry at him, but i wouldnt be opposed to giving J. jones and someone else to the bills for him right now.

they can have jones, and the rookie safety haha

styme33

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why would you question the wisdom of the all-mighty McCarthy? He's a genius! In friggin opposite world.

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's early in the season. And to be honest, this team is better off not winning the division because they're not winning playoff games at Lambeau if Brandon Jackson continues to be a freezeback. Kuhn has outperformed him in the past 2 weeks by far.

I dunno I'm just getting used to losing these types of close games. At least this isn't a playoff game :)

Munny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i am extremely disappointed from this game. unbelievable. 18 penalties is absolutely absurd. Cutler was his usual inconsistent self, and got lucky that 2 or 3 interceptions were called back. our run game is pathetic, Kuhn (sp?) is better than Jackson already, if this game was in the winter our lack of run game would have killed us even more. wtf were they thinking when they didnt let the bears score to give themselves a minute to drive down the field and tie? ridiculous, incredibly stupid decision, doesnt make any sense on any level. extremely disappointed in so many different things from this game. thought we were gonna escape 3-0 but denied by ourselves.

Pretty much have to agree 100%. I have no clue what they see in Jackson, none. The guy is ok for a 3rd down back and that may be giving to much credit.

Not only did the penalties and stupid mistakes kill us but the coaching staff dropped the ball too. How many games has it came down to a bad decision, or getting to conservative, that nearly lost it for us or made the game closer than it should have? Let's also not forget McCarthy has always made bad 2nd half adjustments as well as some of the most ridiculous challenge calls I have ever seen.

Besides Rodgers playing his *** off this game was lost on many fronts. Penalties sure, but my eyes are looking more in the coaching direction.

bglynn10

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's early in the season. And to be honest, this team is better off not winning the division because they're not winning playoff games at Lambeau if Brandon Jackson continues to be a freezeback. Kuhn has outperformed him in the past 2 weeks by far.

I dunno I'm just getting used to losing these types of close games. At least this isn't a playoff game :)

I think we're all used to seeing green bay fail in the clutch these past few years... The only game I want the Packers to truly win is against the vikings at home. I want to see brett favre either crying after getting blown out or him carried out on a stretcher :icon_cool:

Irish-Sweetness

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Losing the close ones is what keeps you out of the playoffs. We'll lay the smack down in Lambeau too remember.

PackerManLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ya

I think we're all used to seeing green bay fail in the clutch these past few years... The only game I want the Packers to truly win is against the vikings at home. I want to see brett favre either crying after getting blown out or him carried out on a stretcher :icon_cool:

Yup, I got that feeling as soon as James jones fumbled and somehow the ball stayed in bounds.

Members online

Latest posts