Official Game Day Thread: Packers @ Bears - 9/27: LOSS 17 - 14

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
  • LB Robert Francois was signed to the practice squad, and OT Chris Campbell was released.
  • LT Chad Clifton (knees) was seen leaving practice after the media was allowed in after the jogthroughs. Presumably he took part in those.
  • DE Mike Neal (side/ribs) practiced for the first time since Sept. 8. The big test will be whether he can go back-to-back days.
  • LB Desmond Bishop (hamstring) also returned for first time since Sept. 8. He didn't look great. Not sure if his hamstring was heavily wrapped or not, but he seemed to struggle a little bit.
  • LB Brady Poppinga (undisclosed) did a rehab workout next to CB Al Harris (ACL-PUP). Poppinga seemed fine. Harris moved very well. He did not really cut it loose, however.
  • FB Korey Hall (hip) watched practice. He appeared to be close to returning.
  • Also, at one point LG Daryn Colledge and NT B.J. Raji were on the ground after knocking knees in a drill. It appeared Colledge got the worst of it but he shook it off and got back at it.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
  • LB Lance Briggs (ankle), OT Chris Williams (hamstring) and S Major Wright (hamstring) did not participate in practice for the Bears. Reports out of Chicago say Wright, the rookie, will miss about three weeks.
  • DE Israel Idonije (foot), LB Brian Iwuh (quad) and LB Nick Roach (hamstring) were limited. Roach is a Milwaukee native.
  • Coach Mike McCarthy on LT Chad Clifton: "Chad is making progress. He went through practice today in a limited fashion, and we’ll see how he is tomorrow. I’m hopeful that he’ll practice either tomorrow or for sure Saturday is the plan going into the week. We’ll see how it goes tomorrow. Preferably tomorrow over Saturday. ...Chad Clifton is the starting tackle. If he is medically unable to go, then we’ll see what happens, but we won’t announce that until game time I am sure....He needs to practice, and if he is prepared, he’ll play. If not, we feel very comfortable going with Bryan."
  • CB Brandon Underwood went full.
  • On Jay Cutler: "Very productive. Jay Cutler, the first two weeks, he looks like he is off to a great start. It’s a quarterback-friendly system and he’ll be given opportunities to make all of the throws, which he is fully capable of doing. I think really he is off to a very good start. I’m impressed with his first two games."
  • On if the Bears are improved: "I see them as a more healthy team. We played them opening day last year and played them later in the season. They had gone through probably as many as more injuries than we had. ...I think they are playing with a lot of confidence, very good tempo on defense. It looks like they have been productive on offense ...They have had two good wins, and a big win on the road last week down there in Dallas. We are looking for this to be a heck of a football game on Monday night."

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After two days off, the Packers take the practice field today for their first day of the practice for the Chicago Bears. Because the game is Monday night, the schedule is a little different. The team practices today, Friday and Saturday.
A reminder: A pregame show on WISN Channel 12 will start at 6:30 p.m. There will also be post-game coverage immediately following the game. Kickoff is 7:30 p.m.
A note: Packers fans may hate the Chicago Bears, but they can thank Tommie Harris for not crushing their quarterback.
Last year when the Packers beat the Bears 21-14 in Soldier Field, Harris was wrapping up a tackle of Aaron Rodgers when the mighty defensive lineman let go.
“It was a two-point conversion and we had Greg Jennings was on the left,” said Aaron Rodgers. “I drive back and I felt something up the middle. And right as I threw it I kind of turned my body because I was getting hit and going down. It was an awkward turn where he had my legs wrapped. Because the Chicago field is just in bad shape in the winter time, and my feet were kind of stuck and my upper body was turning, you could kind of feel that. And I was going down, I was starting to cringe.
“He kind of let go and I was able to turn my knees.”
Harris has appeared in charity events with his friend, Jennings, and as a result knew Rodgers.
“You know what? I think there on some level a big brother deal in the NFL,” said Rodgers. “A good friend of mine from Chico told me a long time ago that being good to people will always come back to you. I never forgot that. And I try to remember that as often as I can. Tommie and I have gotten to know each other over a couple of events. And I honestly can say the few minutes you spend, 'hey, how are you doing, man,' just the respect level that you share mutually -- it honestly helped me out in an instance where I could have been injured. So I am thankful for Tommie for the class he showed.”

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
PACKERS are going to bring da Pain to da bears! OH YEAH! Gonna make them wish they had stayed hibernated, OH YEAH! Cutler, I'm talking to you Drunk Face! You better just run home to your she-male because THE PREDATOR is coming for YOU! OH YEAH! Bears, this is a cage match blood feud and The Pack is riding down on our hogs, gonna grab a slurpee and then proceed to rip your heads off, mount them to our hunting lodge walls, and then feast on your entrails! YOUR OURS BEARS, YOUR OURS YOU URSIDAE FREAKS!! OH YEAH. And I hope Jay Cutler breaks both legs and gets run over by a mini-bus transporting your weak and fragile senior citizens. OH YEAH!

Whew. I tried speaking BearFanlish there. Man, that gives me a headache thinking down on their level. Anyway, I told them it's going to be a good game and may the best team win. :icon_wink:

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
PACKERS are going to bring da Pain to da bears! OH YEAH! Gonna make them wish they had stayed hibernated, OH YEAH! Cutler, I'm talking to you Drunk Face! You better just run home to your she-male because THE PREDATOR is coming for YOU! OH YEAH! Bears, this is a cage match blood feud and The Pack is riding down on our hogs, gonna grab a slurpee and then proceed to rip your heads off, mount them to our hunting lodge walls, and then feast on your entrails! YOUR OURS BEARS, YOUR OURS YOU URSIDAE FREAKS!! OH YEAH. And I hope Jay Cutler breaks both legs and gets run over by a mini-bus transporting your weak and fragile senior citizens. OH YEAH!

Whew. I tried speaking BearFanlish there. Man, that gives me a headache thinking down on their level. Anyway, I told them it's going to be a good game and may the best team win. :icon_wink:

LOL! I thought you lost it right there until I read the last few sentences of your post!!! Love it! That was funny! But, run little Bears run!!! The PACK is coming! Coming to get you, ohhhhh yeah!!! Off to the Bear cave!

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score

Thanx but after reading the first page of there, its too many idiots. Especially the one who said the Packers wouldn't be around if it wasn't for Halas, just like the Bears wouldn't be around if it weren't for Lambeau.

Since the grand occasion is near, and speculation can be darned, the Packers are going to tear the Bears apart. :beg: = Cutler's thoughts on seeing Matthews on the field. We all know:chisux:

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score

LOL! Looks like there is a Packer troll infiltrating the delicate infrastructure of the Bears fans minds! It's not me, I already tried doing that once, it's a waste of time really. Not all of them are that bad over there, keep in mind bears are hard- headed by nature. We will give them something to think about on Monday night! I think I'm going to go over there and read that forum after we get done beating them, evil is as evil does!

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Minnesota Fans generally are delusional and cool-aid drinkers, but Bears fans are just vulgar and dumb. I'd rather talk to the Minnesota fans.

Oh yeah, Lions fans are.....hey wait, do they have any left?

btw, I hate Monday night games.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As much as I want the Pack to win, I think Da Bears might have a good chance at beating them.
These are the same guys who beat Mostly Undefeated Minny last year. At Soldier.
So for me, it's already a nail biter even though the kick off hasn't happened yet.

A good game with a close score. That's what I predict.

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
alright lets see, my day begins with about 2 hours devoted to homework due this week. followed by probably an hour for lunch. then back to back classes (4.5 hours total, one 1.5 the other 3). which results in a long *** day of not wanting to do what im doing while waiting for the packers to be on. oh and my second class goes into the game so ill miss most of the first quarter...

Emperor_Xyn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love Monday night games! I'm pretty pissed it's our only one this year though. =(

I think the Packers will win by 10, it will be close but 2 possesion win.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love Monday night games! I'm pretty pissed it's our only one this year though. =(

I think the Packers will win by 10, it will be close but 2 possesion win.
Look on the bright side.

You got 15 other Packers games to watch!
(And a couple of them are on Sun night.)

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guys, like I said on the gameday links sticky thread, won't be able to provide the links anymore. I'll figure something out, but if you can't catch the game, or simply want to know how to find links, PM me and I'll tell you.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is true, but nothing beats the feeling about a Monday night game on national television!
Yeah, there is something about MNF.
There is a profile of MNF and the changes it has gone through the years in this months Playboy.
(Insert obvious jokes about articles in Playboy, here.)
According to the piece, the best sportscasting team was Don, Frank and Howard even though the three didn't really get along.

Did any of you watch the MNF when Frank was presented with a collage commemorating his MNF years?
It was a strange thing and Frank was like, "Yeah. Gee. Whatever. Um, thanx I guess."

Emperor_Xyn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not starting to drink lol. I've had a very dissapoiting problem by the time the Packer game come on im already smashed. I end up sitting gazing into the tv and by the time the games over I have to ask my self what just happened lol.

But that streak is ending tonight! No beer till gametime!

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So this happened unintentionally today and I thought it strange... I got up to run an errand and didn't realize it til later I was wearing..

Milwaukee Brewers cap
Aaron Rodgers jersey
black Wisconsin badgers sweatpants

Dedicated or what?

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So this happened unintentionally today and I thought it strange... I got up to run an errand and didn't realize it til later I was wearing..

Milwaukee Brewers cap
Aaron Rodgers jersey
black Wisconsin badgers sweatpants

Dedicated or what?

Sounds like it!

Members online

Latest posts