1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Game Day Thread: Cowboys @ Packers 10/15: WIN 17 - 7

Discussion in 'Game Day Archive' started by robdog, Nov 13, 2009.

1. Quientus

Quientus Oenophile

Ratings:
    +3
    If I didn't know better, it would seem like the coaching staff might have told the players;

K.I.S.S !!! And win the game !!!

For a first it looked liked everyone had "adapted" to play within the talent and possibilities provided to them ... - And the outcome of the game considering the opponent resulted in a much needed win ...

2. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    But that forth down convertion, the ball wasn't in control when the guy hit the ground... That should've been overturned.

The fact is that we converted from their mistake and they did not.

3. KilrB

KilrB Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +99
    I disagree.

We outplayed them totally on Defense and played better on Offense. We screwed up plenty and they screwed up more. Be we definantly outplayed them everywhere.

The part that pisses me off is why didnt this team play like that last week against the turd of the NFL Tampa Bay? Now were are still in a bad spot scrambling for a wild card instead of on the inside track!

4. News Bot

News Bot News Bot

Ratings:
    +45
    AP Game Summary: Packers Win Showdown With Cowboys 17-7

Source: Packers.com

5. KilrB

KilrB Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +99
    Oh Yean, one more thing.

Charles Woodson for President!:rules2:

6. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,920
    Hot DAMN

how about them Packers

7. A12ROD903

A12ROD903 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +22
    ClaY Matthews has an awesome game, finally cut loose to blitz.

8. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    CM3 is going to be one of the best D players in the NFL. He's gonna be our DeMarcus Ware. He's very good at the pass rush, is good in space and in the running game, but he just has a knack for the ball. Everytime there's a fumble, he's around. EVERYTIME. That's not coachable. He's a monster.

Raji, on the other hand...

9. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,920
    Moving this to the thread on official game day

10. tripleguy

tripleguy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +12
    It's simple really - master mind coach Mcarty had em playin' rope-a-dope for the first half of da season, don't cha know? It all makes perfect sense now. Rest your players, don't practice them so hard. Have your offensive linemen step aside and let the defense blitz. Let your QB get pounded, but good. These are all symptoms of an effectively executed rope-a-dope. Just as the other teams are starting to tire, you turn it on, play great defense, and overtake everyone down da stretch. Brilliant I say. And all you folks calling for da Coach's head. You just couldn't see the scheme that was playing out. Coach a da year I say!

Lambs in 2 weeks - lets hope da coach doesn't have them playing down to the level of their opponents like the Tampa game. Go coach! :happy0005:

11. AzPackerfan

AzPackerfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Defense really won this one for us today. I have a nickname suggestion for Jolly..."The Jolly Green Giant", he was swatting down Romo's passes like he was King Kong swatting down airplanes. I like this guy, he has a nose for that ball while he is rushing the qb, which I like to see. I wonder if they track stats on how many balls he has batted down this year.

12. Hauschild

Hauschild Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +11
    So, I haven't read this thread, but is the bandwagon loaded up again???

13. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +471
    Is it weird to say i'm "proud" of a team I have no association with other than being a fan? Because i'm proud of this team. After the debacle that was last week there were two options: A) mail it in and wait for the offseason OR B) step your game up. Frankly, I thought they'd choose A. There's still plenty of problems with this team, but today was a nice little ray of hope. The hope that we can somehow parlay this into momentum and actually win a few of these tough games down the stretch (I now think the Baltimore game is winnable. I didn't think that before.). This team could actually get into the playoffs (though I still don't think they will), and it didn't look like that was going to be in the cards this year after last week.

14. ColtsSeahawks

ColtsSeahawks Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The defense showed up without a doubt, it was a great game!! For the Packers anyway hahah... Romo got shut down all game long, If the Packers defense can show up like this for the rest of the year they are a playoff team without a doubt... Their offense looked shakey tonight but none the less it was a solid win.

15. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +471
    Colts fan you are, you must be pretty pumped right now. Lol.

Hell, i'm pumped and I had no vested interest in that game.

16. ColtsSeahawks

ColtsSeahawks Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You honest to god have no idea lmao... I was sitting in a room with Pats fans, and you can imagine what they are doing when my team was down 17 blood points....

Also my dad is the cockiest Dallas fan ever, and when they didnt score a single point going into the 4th quarter I just started bursting out laughing, as I think he had a tear in his eye lmao.... What a fantastic day of football...

Seahawks got their *** kicked as usual, just sickening but Im to pumped about the Colts win to think about the Hawks right now.... Packers and Colts IMO got the biggest wins of the day.... Bengals over the Steelers was huge to.

17. own3dhs

own3dhs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    go packers go!!
    so proud of them!!
    still pretty upset about the last game... we should be 6-3!!

18. Ted's Zombie Army

Ted's Zombie Army Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Great win. The defense was spectacular--very effective blitzing schemes kept Romo on the run all day. I would say the offense was effective enough but with all the penalties and McCarthy's lameness with the red flag, there's still plenty to work on.

19. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    Most people will agree that it's a start...

But you know Packers fans... They never jumped off the bandwagon... Just put one foot down, to see where they were going...

20. Ace731

Ace731 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think they need to win a few games in a row, at least 6. they have only played 1 impressive game so far this season, and the offense wasnt spectacular after giving up another 4 sacks.

they need to put a complete game together in order for me to believe this team has playoff aspirations.

this team is still a few years away from being a super bowl contender. too many holes on the offensive line, we'll see if the pass rush keeps up, more depth at defensive line, an elite running back would be nice. with TT we will build through the draft and these players will not come in 1 or 2 years.

21. NYPacker

NYPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    no doubt that the packers will be a team to be reckoned with within the next 2-3 years. However even then we will still have holes on our team. Aaron kampman, Charles woodson, al Harris, Donald driver, Chad Clifton, Ryan Pickett will all be long gone by then and Cullen Jenkins and Nick barnett will start gettng up there with age. I guess that you can argue that CM3 already does and continue to impact the olb spot left by kampman and the two players who will get old by then will have more experience. But I'm gonna be in tears when the day comes that both our starting corners retire because u simply cannot ever replace a 14 yr old vet who is the best press corner alive and the only defensive player to ever win the heisman whether in free agency or the draft.