Official Game Day Thread: Cowboys @ Packers 10/15: WIN 17 - 7

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
If I didn't know better, it would seem like the coaching staff might have told the players;

K.I.S.S !!! And win the game !!!

For a first it looked liked everyone had "adapted" to play within the talent and possibilities provided to them ... - And the outcome of the game considering the opponent resulted in a much needed win ...

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WE WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:shock:

I can't believe it I live here in Dallas and they normally play better than this, but The Packers WIN!!!!

I gotta say though. the score should have been 10-7. dumb rule that should be changed.
But that forth down convertion, the ball wasn't in control when the guy hit the ground... That should've been overturned.

The fact is that we converted from their mistake and they did not.

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WHAT? WE WON? WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED? I MEAN, THE TEAM LOOKED LIKE IT WANTED TO WIN, AS OPPOSED TO, YOU KNOW, HOW THEY LOOKED BEFORE!

We didn't clearly outplay the Cowboys, let's be clear. They beat themselves, with the drops and the penalties. BUT GUESS WHAT? WE DIDN'T BEAT OURSELVES, LIKE BEFORE!

Still, we need to keep winning. This games is a very good start, but only a start nonetheless...

I disagree.

We outplayed them totally on Defense and played better on Offense. We screwed up plenty and they screwed up more. Be we definantly outplayed them everywhere.

The part that ****** me off is why didnt this team play like that last week against the turd of the NFL Tampa Bay? Now were are still in a bad spot scrambling for a wild card instead of on the inside track!

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
AP Game Summary: Packers Win Showdown With Cowboys 17-7

Charles Woodson helped Green Bay's defense finally play up to its potential against a big-time opponent, forcing two fumbles and picking off a pass by Tony Romo on the goal line in a 17-7 victory over the Dallas Cowboys on Sunday.

It wasn't a pretty win for the Packers (5-4), but it might have saved their season after back-to-back demoralizing losses.

The Packers sacked Romo five times and held him to 251 yards passing in a momentum- killer for the Cowboys (6-3), who had won four straight. Dallas also lost starting right tackle Marc Colombo to a broken left leg.

Aaron Rodgers scored on a quarterback sneak and threw a touchdown pass to tight end Spencer Havner.

Rodgers was 25 of 36 for 189 yards and a touchdown in another rough day at the office, taking four sacks and spending much of the day under pressure. But he took matters into his own hands to lead the Packers on a 15-play, 80-yard drive capped by Rodgers' 1-yard touchdown on a sneak for a 10-..

Source: Packers.com

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh Yean, one more thing.

Charles Woodson for President!:rules2:

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CM3 is going to be one of the best D players in the NFL. He's gonna be our DeMarcus Ware. He's very good at the pass rush, is good in space and in the running game, but he just has a knack for the ball. Everytime there's a fumble, he's around. EVERYTIME. That's not coachable. He's a monster.

Raji, on the other hand...

tripleguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The part that ****** me off is why didnt this team play like that last week against the turd of the NFL Tampa Bay? Now were are still in a bad spot scrambling for a wild card instead of on the inside track!

It's simple really - master mind coach Mcarty had em playin' rope-a-dope for the first half of da season, don't cha know? It all makes perfect sense now. Rest your players, don't practice them so hard. Have your offensive linemen step aside and let the defense blitz. Let your QB get pounded, but good. These are all symptoms of an effectively executed rope-a-dope. Just as the other teams are starting to tire, you turn it on, play great defense, and overtake everyone down da stretch. Brilliant I say. And all you folks calling for da Coach's head. You just couldn't see the scheme that was playing out. Coach a da year I say!

Lambs in 2 weeks - lets hope da coach doesn't have them playing down to the level of their opponents like the Tampa game. Go coach! :happy0005:

AzPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Defense really won this one for us today. I have a nickname suggestion for Jolly..."The Jolly Green Giant", he was swatting down Romo's passes like he was King Kong swatting down airplanes. I like this guy, he has a nose for that ball while he is rushing the qb, which I like to see. I wonder if they track stats on how many balls he has batted down this year.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Is it weird to say i'm "proud" of a team I have no association with other than being a fan? Because i'm proud of this team. After the debacle that was last week there were two options: A) mail it in and wait for the offseason OR B) step your game up. Frankly, I thought they'd choose A. There's still plenty of problems with this team, but today was a nice little ray of hope. The hope that we can somehow parlay this into momentum and actually win a few of these tough games down the stretch (I now think the Baltimore game is winnable. I didn't think that before.). This team could actually get into the playoffs (though I still don't think they will), and it didn't look like that was going to be in the cards this year after last week.

ColtsSeahawks

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Defense really won this one for us today. I have a nickname suggestion for Jolly..."The Jolly Green Giant", he was swatting down Romo's passes like he was King Kong swatting down airplanes. I like this guy, he has a nose for that ball while he is rushing the qb, which I like to see. I wonder if they track stats on how many balls he has batted down this year.
The defense showed up without a doubt, it was a great game!! For the Packers anyway hahah... Romo got shut down all game long, If the Packers defense can show up like this for the rest of the year they are a playoff team without a doubt... Their offense looked shakey tonight but none the less it was a solid win.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
The defense showed up without a doubt, it was a great game!! For the Packers anyway hahah... Romo got shut down all game long, If the Packers defense can show up like this for the rest of the year they are a playoff team without a doubt... Their offense looked shakey tonight but none the less it was a solid win.

Colts fan you are, you must be pretty pumped right now. Lol.

Hell, i'm pumped and I had no vested interest in that game.

ColtsSeahawks

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You honest to god have no idea lmao... I was sitting in a room with Pats fans, and you can imagine what they are doing when my team was down 17 blood points....

Also my dad is the cockiest Dallas fan ever, and when they didnt score a single point going into the 4th quarter I just started bursting out laughing, as I think he had a tear in his eye lmao.... What a fantastic day of football...

Seahawks got their *** kicked as usual, just sickening but Im to pumped about the Colts win to think about the Hawks right now.... Packers and Colts IMO got the biggest wins of the day.... Bengals over the Steelers was huge to.

own3dhs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
go packers go!!
so proud of them!!
still pretty upset about the last game... we should be 6-3!!

Ted's Zombie Army

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great win. The defense was spectacular--very effective blitzing schemes kept Romo on the run all day. I would say the offense was effective enough but with all the penalties and McCarthy's lameness with the red flag, there's still plenty to work on.

Ace731

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is it weird to say i'm "proud" of a team I have no association with other than being a fan? Because i'm proud of this team. After the debacle that was last week there were two options: A) mail it in and wait for the offseason OR B) step your game up.

I think they need to win a few games in a row, at least 6. they have only played 1 impressive game so far this season, and the offense wasnt spectacular after giving up another 4 sacks.

they need to put a complete game together in order for me to believe this team has playoff aspirations.

this team is still a few years away from being a super bowl contender. too many holes on the offensive line, we'll see if the pass rush keeps up, more depth at defensive line, an elite running back would be nice. with TT we will build through the draft and these players will not come in 1 or 2 years.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think they need to win a few games in a row, at least 6. they have only played 1 impressive game so far this season, and the offense wasnt spectacular after giving up another 4 sacks.

they need to put a complete game together in order for me to believe this team has playoff aspirations.

this team is still a few years away from being a super bowl contender. too many holes on the offensive line, we'll see if the pass rush keeps up, more depth at defensive line, an elite running back would be nice. with TT we will build through the draft and these players will not come in 1 or 2 years.
no doubt that the packers will be a team to be reckoned with within the next 2-3 years. However even then we will still have holes on our team. Aaron kampman, Charles woodson, al Harris, Donald driver, Chad Clifton, Ryan Pickett will all be long gone by then and Cullen Jenkins and Nick barnett will start gettng up there with age. I guess that you can argue that CM3 already does and continue to impact the olb spot left by kampman and the two players who will get old by then will have more experience. But I'm gonna be in tears when the day comes that both our starting corners retire because u simply cannot ever replace a 14 yr old vet who is the best press corner alive and the only defensive player to ever win the heisman whether in free agency or the draft.

Members online

Latest posts