Official Carolina game

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whatever you want to call it with most teams playing the Packers with a single safety high it makes it tougher to run the ball.
They are not stacking the box Eddie is just missing the cut backs. Honestly I say let Starks get in a groove I don't think Eddie ankle is healed.

D

Deleted member 6794

They are not stacking the box Eddie is just missing the cut backs. Honestly I say let Starks get in a groove I don't think Eddie ankle is healed.

Starks is dealing with a hip injury, he didn´t look as explosive as before the bye week vs. Denver.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Eddie is the only concern on offense. He isn't moving as fast in the "second level". People can blame the O-Line and I don't like our TE blocking per say but Lacy isn't a 100 percent right now. Whether its weight or ankle he isn't there right now.

If we can get and keep Monty healthy the WR/Backfield package with C obb or Monty back there will allow us to score enough points. We needed Monty in that Denver game and especially when we went Cobb/Backfield.

My positive side says were better in the cold and so is Eddy. If we can get that going then were "All Good". If our OL improves like they did last year at about this time then I can't complain.

Brandon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This game to me is going to tell me pretty much all I need to know about this Packer squad. We played like garbage against Denver in every phase, and if Denver's defense is the best in the league than Carolina's defense is not far too behind. I was looking for a close game in Denver and left disappointed, so I again will have similar hopes in this game with tempered expectations. If we can go out there and genuinely compete, I'll be thrilled. I'd be much more thrilled with a win. I assumed we'd be 1-1 going into these next 2 games, so here's to hoping that victory comes here.

If the Colts can manage a near come back win I would sincerely hope Rodgers and company can do more than that. If Starks is healthy I'd start giving him the ball more, Lacy clearly isn't the same back he once was and needs to get in better shape. Our O line has been doing pretty decent, but Rodgers needs to take advantage of that and put some trust in his receivers- even if he doesn't look open you need to throw it out there once in a while and let guys like Jones and Cobb make plays.

Defensively we need to get better penetration. Our secondary doesn't seem to know where they're at half the time, so a genuine pass rush would be optimal, especially against the likes of Cam Newton. 27-23 Green Bay.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you realize that Rodgers threw for only 77 yards against Denver and his receivers haven't been able to get open for the last three games???

The problem and one that nobody's talking about, is that Denver has the personnel to get heat on opposing QBs fast with only 4 or 5 guys rushing at a time, and like other elite defenses they can disguise blitzes to fool QBs very easily. It doesn't matter how good your receivers are or how good their routes are. if your defensive line is that good your corners don't have to be that good because the QBs throws will be off target consistently and likely they're not going to have time to get open either on short routes or on crossing patterns. There's a reason they say that having success on offense or defense starts with winning the battle up front and that's what Denver's defensive line did, got pressure with minimal help.

Carolina does not have that kind of defensive line, and some of you needed to watch that game on Monday more closely and see how Luck was getting about 10 seconds to throw that ball consistently. Carolina got zero pressure without blitzing extra men on Luck on a bad Colts O-line and even when they did, Luck is a lead foot who has little mobility. If that's the case against us, not only will Rodgers be able to escape like he is known for doing, someone's going to be open in the vacated spot. You can't go blitzing extra men on Rodgers without paying for it and that's what going to happen on Sunday I can feel.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is going to be the biggest game of our regular season. This team better be ready and HUNGRY.

D

Deleted member 6794

The problem and one that nobody's talking about, is that Denver has the personnel to get heat on opposing QBs fast with only 4 or 5 guys rushing at a time, and like other elite defenses they can disguise blitzes to fool QBs very easily. It doesn't matter how good your receivers are or how good their routes are. if your defensive line is that good your corners don't have to be that good because the QBs throws will be off target consistently and likely they're not going to have time to get open either on short routes or on crossing patterns. There's a reason they say that having success on offense or defense starts with winning the battle up front and that's what Denver's defensive line did, got pressure with minimal help.

Carolina does not have that kind of defensive line, and some of you needed to watch that game on Monday more closely and see how Luck was getting about 10 seconds to throw that ball consistently. Carolina got zero pressure without blitzing extra men on Luck on a bad Colts O-line and even when they did, Luck is a lead foot who has little mobility. If that's the case against us, not only will Rodgers be able to escape like he is known for doing, someone's going to be open in the vacated spot. You can't go blitzing extra men on Rodgers without paying for it and that's what going to happen on Sunday I can feel.

The Panthers have a solid defense and while they're not as good as the Broncos will present problems for the Packers offense if we don't end up playing significantly better this week.

BTW the Broncos blitzed on 34.4% of Rodgers dropbacks, sending six on 15.6% but I didn't see Rodgers picking them apart.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Do you realize that Rodgers threw for only 77 yards against Denver and his receivers haven't been able to get open for the last three games???

Yeah I saw it. I stopped watching it. I wont watch that. I'm not gonna freak out Captain. Last three games?

Were not playing any of those teams again. Were playing Seattle, Carolina, Zona and maybe the "Fraud Show Atlanta". Then New England in the Super Bowl. Not worried about Minny "just yet.'

I wanted a trade. We didn't get it. Denver did. lol (regualar season champs) and we know how that works out. Can't wait till the temp drops. lol.

This team is going 14-2 and maybe 13-3. Hell, they could go 15-1. My point is any of us would of taken 6-1 at the beginning of the season. We dropped one. Oh well.

Get Monty back and I think this offense can roll still. Were gonna need Eddy, Davante and James too.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

D

Deleted member 6794

Yeah I saw it. I stopped watching it. I wont watch that. I'm not gonna freak out Captain. Last three games?

Were not playing any of those teams again. Were playing Seattle, Carolina, Zona and maybe the "Fraud Show Atlanta". Then New England in the Super Bowl. Not worried about Minny "just yet.'

I wanted a trade. We didn't get it. Denver did. lol (regualar season champs) and we know how that works out. Can't wait till the temp drops. lol.

This team is going 14-2 and maybe 13-3. Hell, they could go 15-1. My point is any of us would of taken 6-1 at the beginning of the season. We dropped one. Oh well.

While it's true that we won't face another defense as good as the Broncos the rest of the regular season teams now have a blueprint on how to slow down the Packers offense and as long as we don't figure out a way to get receivers open vs. bump and run coverage the offense will continue to struggle.

I expect the Packers to finish with at least 12 wins but the offense will have to play significantly better for the team to have success in the playoffs.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Panthers have a solid defense and while they're not as good as the Broncos will present problems for the Packers offense if we don't end up playing significantly better this week.

BTW the Broncos blitzed on 34.4% of Rodgers dropbacks, sending six on 15.6% but I didn't see Rodgers picking them apart.

Those are pretty low numbers, and again my point stands that Carolina has a weak defensive front and it's going to allow Rodgers to pick them apart.

D

Deleted member 6794

Those are pretty low numbers, and again my point stands that Carolina has a weak defensive front and it's going to allow Rodgers to pick them apart.

That's an extremely high percentage of blitzes, especially against Rodgers. The Seahawks for example blitzed only on 4.7% of his dropbacks in week 2.

You're clearly underestimating the Panthers defense, they lead the league in opponents passer rating for a reason.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's an extremely high percentage of blitzes, especially against Rodgers. The Seahawks for example blitzed only on 4.7% of his dropbacks in week 2.

You're clearly underestimating the Panthers defense, they lead the league in opponents passer rating for a reason.

Yup and we all know how that turned out for them.

D

Deleted member 6794

Yup and we all know how that turned out for them.

The Seahawks only blitzed him 15.4% in 2012, 7.9% in week 1 of last week and 23.7% in the NFCCG while winning all three games.

Last year Rodgers was the least blitzed QB at 21.3% of his dropbacks.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whatever the issue is we need to fix them ...and soon. I can't take another let down at the end of the year.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Seahawks only blitzed him 15.4% in 2012, 7.9% in week 1 of last week and 23.7% in the NFCCG while winning all three games.

Last year Rodgers was the least blitzed QB at 21.3% of his dropbacks.

And the idea that you can stop Rodgers' O without getting heat on him is laughable

D

Deleted member 6794

And the idea that you can stop Rodgers' O without getting heat on him is laughable

Don't put words in my mouth, I haven't posted anything like it. There are teams capable of pressuring Rodgers while rushing four though, we'll figure out on Sunday if the Panthers are one of them.

D

Deleted member 6794

Clay Matthews, Ty Montgomery and Nick Perry were limited in today's practice, Aaron Ripkowski (illness), Quinten Rollins (neck) and Sam Shields didn't participate.

Members online

Latest posts