Official Carolina game

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While it's true that we won't face another defense as good as the Broncos the rest of the regular season teams now have a blueprint on how to slow down the Packers offense and as long as we don't figure out a way to get receivers open vs. bump and run coverage the offense will continue to struggle.

I expect the Packers to finish with at least 12 wins but the offense will have to play significantly better for the team to have success in the playoffs.

There are very few teams, if any, that can cover as well as the Broncos did while blitzing. Their secondary played incredibly. A blueprint is nice, but not many teams can execute it, especially considering Rodgers usually eats up a blitz.

coffee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greetings. I'm a Panther fan that will be politely snooping around this week. Just saying "hi" and hoping you won't treat my team quite as badly as you did last year.

It appears to me that you may not be feeing quite as dominant as when we played last, but that's just piecing together what I've heard (and a lot of what I've heard recently is probably overreactions to one loss against a great team). What do you say about that?

We played like crap for a good part of MNF but squeaked by with it anyway. I'm sure hoping we bring a better game against you. I know we'll need it.

D

Deleted member 6794

There are very few teams, if any, that can cover as well as the Broncos did while blitzing. Their secondary played incredibly. A blueprint is nice, but not many teams can execute it, especially considering Rodgers usually eats up a blitz.

While that's true it only takes one team capable of doing it in the playoffs to possibly end the Packers season.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It appears to me that you may not be feeing quite as dominant as when we played last, but that's just piecing together what I've heard (and a lot of what I've heard recently is probably overreactions to one loss against a great team). What do you say about that?

Won't get any consensus around here. Some people think it's business as usual, just a bad loss. Other people have effectively said we have no chance at the SB this year anymore. *shrug*

We'll make the playoffs, and at this point we've got as good a shot at homefield throughout as anybody else in the NFC. What more can you ask for 7 games in?

coffee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unfortunately for us, the fact that your team is frustrated from that first loss will likely make them play even better against us.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score

That's exactly it, a lot of what Denver runs is a versatile 3-4 scheme that I don't know of anyone else in the current NFC contender list that runs. Carolina doesn't run that kind of defense and the fact they don't throws the whole blueprint idea out the window. You have to run the exact same scheme to have a blueprint.

Only team I think who does run anything of similarity to that defense is the Arizona Cardinals, who we certainly will get to see their approach to our O later on this season, but I doubt even they have a defensive front as ferocious as Denver's.

Now if we face the Giants again in the playoffs .... well I'll just hold my breath on that one lol

Packerlover

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unfortunately for us, the fact that your team is frustrated from that first loss will likely make them play even better against us.
I think you can expect our best this Sunday.. something we left back in Green Bay when we played Denver.
The key is stopping your running game, if we can keep that in check we'll have a chance. If not... then we'll lose another game and be reeling somewhat going into a 4 game stretch against our division opponents.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Greetings. I'm a Panther fan that will be politely snooping around this week. Just saying "hi" and hoping you won't treat my team quite as badly as you did last year.

We played like crap for a good part of MNF but squeaked by with it anyway. I'm sure hoping we bring a better game against you. I know we'll need it.
Greetings and pardon the mess. We don't get pasted like that very often recently and many of the yung 'uns ain't taking it very well. They don't have the experiences of the dark days to fall back on when this was not uncommon. Truth be told it is some of our cranky old farts that won't let it go.
That said, the next game can't get here fast enough. I hope to see all units firing on all cylinders dishing out what they received. Maybe we even get through without an injury this time. Is it Sunday yet?

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HEY FOLKS! This is a thread about next weeks game, not another rehash of last weeks debacle.

I don't believe there was meant to be a rehash, I think it was a matter of what should be done differently in this game from that one.

You're very welcome here, we got fans all around the league who come here, got a Seahawk regular who contributes here and comes into the chat often, seen one Cowboy fan come here who gets in with some smack talk, and of course Raptorman our Viking friend. Good place we got going.

Even with all the jabs done at your team here, may I just say you guys have come a long way under Rivera. Winning your division there back to back and looking like a 3rd time in a row coming now is a great accomplishment, and I saw that special on ESPN on what he said after his house burned down and it was good. Man's a good man.

Also there's a good chance this won't be our only meeting this year, very well could be another match coming in January and anything can happen then.

Things are a little split here right now, some feel that our loss to Denver means we aren't as good as we thought and don't have playmakers like we thought we did. Some have called Rodgers out wanting him to throw the ball quicker than usual, some think Mike McCarthy's scheme doesn't work, list goes on.

For others including myself, we feel like we've been here before and that we're going to get another one of those R-E-L-A-X games and see the Packers that we all know.

I think last week's loss was a combination of a lot of things. Yeah I think there are some schematics that need to be adjusted a little bit and the game plan may need to change, but in some cases I think it was just simply a lack of effort and guys just not in a groove like they might otherwise be. I think the effort out of our receivers is going to be a lot better this Sunday and I think Rodgers is going to be looking a lot more like his usual self. One thing I do hope is that Cobb was just simply in a funk last game and not hiding a major injury.

grampi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't like this matchup...Carolina has a stout D, and the Pack O doesn't play well on the road...BTW, I think this game is very big for GB...it's a tone setter....if they lose this one I think the team is in trouble...

D

Deleted member 6794

That's exactly it, a lot of what Denver runs is a versatile 3-4 scheme that I don't know of anyone else in the current NFC contender list that runs. Carolina doesn't run that kind of defense and the fact they don't throws the whole blueprint idea out the window. You have to run the exact same scheme to have a blueprint.

Only team I think who does run anything of similarity to that defense is the Arizona Cardinals, who we certainly will get to see their approach to our O later on this season, but I doubt even they have a defensive front as ferocious as Denver's.

I´m well aware of the fact that there aren´t a lot of teams capable of playing a defensive scheme as succesful as the Broncos. And that´s exactly why I´m worried about Sunday´s performance. After this week´s game the Packers will mostly face below average defenses the rest of the regular season and I´m convinced the offense will look great most of the time even without making much needed changes to the offensive scheme.

During the playoffs the Packers will have to match up against defenses capable of covering our receivers on isolated spread routes though and if the coaching staff doesn´t make any adjustments now I´m afraid they won´t be prepared for games like that in January.

Reaction score
But that's not the case is it? And no I wouldn't . But I apologize, the team that took the field Sunday Night was actually the Jaguars dressed in Packer uniforms because that's how it looked. But hey!contenders get blown out and lay down on Primetime right? Once again, Packers area good team but I don't see us at the moment beating Denver, New England, Arizona , or even Seattle at the moment. Heck id even add Carolina to that list.
Rodell, the key here is "at the moment"
At the moment we have a relatively new play caller
At the moment we have more than average injured players or players just getting back healthy
At the moment we just played arguable the best pass protection/rush in the league at their house.
At the moment we have a relatively young or somewhat disjointed receivers
But most importantly.. At the moment
We are 6-1 and have a realistic shot at going in to Carolina and pulling off an upset that would rank us #1 in the NFC at 7-1 with massive potential to peak by postseason.
You can call me an optimist, but I saw 10 of 11 members return from our 2014 #1 Offense in the the NFL this season. I think our potential to regroup is high. Packers by 3

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This Carolina game will be a good indicator of what the Packers players and coaching staff are made of.
If the coaches haven't coached these guys up and come into this game unprepared as has appeared to be the case in alot of big games over the years chalk this one up as another discouraging loss.
There is no reason the Packers should lose this game if the caching staff has the players prepared to win and the players buy into it.

ls1bob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you will see a lot of quick underneath throws to get the offense in rhythm along with the running game. Rodgers I don't think will have a 2012 Houston type bounce back game,but I think they will start implementing some new schemes,he will take what the D gives him instead of looking for the big play and he passes for close to 300 yards and 3td's. Packers win, 28-20

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This Carolina game will be a good indicator of what the Packers players and coaching staff are made of.
If the coaches haven't coached these guys up and come into this game unprepared as has appeared to be the case in alot of big games over the years chalk this one up as another discouraging loss.
There is no reason the Packers should lose this game if the caching staff has the players prepared to win and the players buy into it.

And I think that's just it, they have a proven track record of regrouping and coming into the next week ready to win. It's happened all throughout Rodgers's career.

D

Deleted member 6794

Packers injury report:

Questionable: Ty Montgomery, Quinten Rollins, Sam Shields

Probable: Clay Matthews, Nick Perry, Aaron Ripkowski

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
It's like nobody can believe Carolina is still undefeated. I would kind of like to end that streak right here. Though it still might mean a rematch in the playoffs.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I think you will see a lot of quick underneath throws to get the offense in rhythm along with the running game. Rodgers I don't think will have a 2012 Houston type bounce back game,but I think they will start implementing some new schemes,he will take what the D gives him instead of looking for the big play and he passes for close to 300 yards and 3td's. Packers win, 28-20
I hope so. I need his FF #'s this week.

Reaction score
I sensed an during several player interviews concerning last weeks lack of performance and the "State of the Union" a sense of urgency in getting back on the field. I just have this gut feeling we are gonna come out fearless in Carolina. I wouldn't even be surprised to see us accept the kickoff of we win the toss or maybe a long ball out of the gate. We need to play smart and fast with 2 minute drill stuff and get our swagger back on Offense and not let Carolina so much as catch their breath. No substitutions and be prepared for the quick count command if Carolina tries any substitutions.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I sensed an during several player interviews concerning last weeks lack of performance and the "State of the Union" a sense of urgency in getting back on the field. I just have this gut feeling we are gonna come out fearless in Carolina. I wouldn't even be surprised to see us accept the kickoff of we win the toss or maybe a long ball out of the gate. We need to play smart and fast with 2 minute drill stuff and get our swagger back on Offense and not let Carolina so much as catch their breath. No substitutions and be prepared for the quick count command if Carolina tries any substitutions.

Or perhaps McCarthy even goes to his infamous onside kick tries at rare points in the game. He does seem to be a master at that.

In other official news I heard Skip Bayless picked us to win Sunday. I don't pay much attention to that troll, but this one ... man that ain't like him. Either he took a bad pill this morning or only picked them to try to rub it into Stephen A Smith's face.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Much like the Packers, the Panthers have not beaten anyone that good this year (jags, texans, Saints, Buccaneers, Seahags, Eagles and Colts). Their one "signature win" may have been at Seattle and it took a 4th quarter comeback to do it. Personally I think the keys to the game are: Our Defense needs to contain Newton and shut down Olson. On Offense, Rodgers has to remain patient, the coaches have to give the running game a chance to get going and open the field up with a few deep routes early.

Hoping the "short week" takes a lit bit of the home field advantage away from Carolina, The Packers step up their game on both sides of the ball and Carolina fans are left wondering after the game "hmmm....maybe we aren't legit?"

Packers 28-24

Members online

Latest posts