Official 2022 week 1 pregame thread vs Vikings

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So they lost because Watson dropped the pass on their first play of the game. Wow that's a lot of reaching going on here.

Reaction score
I don't think we got away with one. What we got was a kick in the balls.

I wonder if that new passing machine can drop balls like that to receivers.
I’m sure it can. Get Him reps. Like anything practice makes perfect. It’s my opinion it’s part confidence and part mechanics. It’s my belief from his head motion that he took his eyes of the ball at the last split second, like you’ll see guys do when trying to run before catching the pass. Then a fraction of a sec later you see him jerk his head back down looking for the ball on the ground.
That’s mechanics and it’s totally fixable, just like a golf swing you’ve got to keep your eye on the ball first and foremost. Even had he fallen there in a total attempt to just secure the pass it’s a 50 yard gain+

After rewatching I think he was trying to do too much too early.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
So they lost because Watson dropped the pass on their first play of the game. Wow that's a lot of reaching going on here.
Not what either of us said. We both said that we wouldn't know the outcome, but it would have changed the game completely.
The Packers would have tied the game if Watson catches that ball. While it's possible the Packers could have still lost the game they would have found themselves in a completely different situation at that point.
Totally agree. It took what some might refer to as "the wind out of their sails". It was totally deflating to the Packers and jacked MN up. He catches that ball and it does the opposite affect. It deflates the crowd and jacks the Packers up. Don't know the end result, but it would have been a completely different game.

Reaction score
I agree. There is something to be said for momentum. However we were more than a few plays from putting that game away.
It might have at least made it more respectable, but it’s a reach to say that play was our path to total destruction. If you can’t recover from 1 drop you’ve got worse problems than that Lone play. We all know this game is about consistency and we were anything but.

All that said, we had 2 visits inside their 21 yard line and came away with 0 points. That’s just highly unusual.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree. There is something to be said for momentum. However we were more than a few plays from putting that game away.
It might have at least made it more respectable, but it’s a reach to say that play was our path to total destruction. If you can’t recover from 1 drop you’ve got worse problems than that Lone play. We all know this game is about consistency and we were anything but.
One drop that was a sure 7 points is more impactful than just 1 drop.
All that said, we had 2 visits inside their 21 yard line and came away with 0 points. That’s just highly unusual.
Yeah, that was some horrible play calling and execution going on there.

D

Deleted member 6794

Nobody said anything like that. I clearly stated that it's possible the Packers would have lost the game with Watson scoring on the play but there's no doubt it would have been a different ball game early on.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nobody said anything like that. I clearly stated that it's possible the Packers would have lost the game with Watson scoring on the play but there's no doubt it would have been a different ball game early on.
It might have been a different game if we had not given the ball to them on the 1st kick-off and been down 7 right away. I think the O game plan is easier to implement on that first series as opposed to starting the 2nd half with the ball. We are not very good at making adjustments. Which is sad to say.

D

Deleted member 6794

It might have been a different game if we had not given the ball to them on the 1st kick-off and been down 7 right away. I think the O game plan is easier to implement on that first series as opposed to starting the 2nd half with the ball. We are not very good at making adjustments. Which is sad to say.

I actually prefer the Packers to defer to the second half. Especially considering their defense is expected to be pretty good this year.

Obviously it didn't work out as planned vs. the Vikings.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts