Official 2018 Round 2 pick: Josh Jackson

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love the pick!

King and Jackson on the outsides with Alexander in the slot. We got ourselves a secondary now boys

hallzi43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting. Apparently all the talk of being a zone corner didnt waver our thoughts on him. I like it.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
They got my guy and I could not be happier. I had ya taking him in the first at #23 in a mock trade with the Patriots. Kevin King, Jaire Alexander (slot), and Josh Jackson as CB’s. Can’t complain about or CB depth anymore.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Piling up on corners is all well and good but I'm not sure it will make a big difference if they can't generate a pass rush.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
They got my guy and I could not be happier. I had ya taking him in the first at #23 in a mock trade with the Patriots. Kevin King, Jaire Alexander (slot), and Josh Jackson as CB’s. Can’t complain about or CB depth anymore.

Oh don't hold your breath, someone will.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While there are more pressing needs than another corner, the options at WR, G, TE, and OLB weren't that great so Gute took the bpa. Looks like the secondary has its talent but now the Packers are almost guarenteed to go into the season with several big holes in the roster. Unless Gute trades up, the rest of the picks are highly likely to be depth guys. Please trade up to talke Alonzo Carter.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's good. But I am so sick of seeing early picks go to the secondary.

I get what you are saying but I honestly don't care where they go if they are good players and will help. The only way we can stop using early picks is to finally hit on them. If King and Jones can keep getting better and Alexander and Jackson prove worthy of the picks maybe now we can.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good value pick. House and Williams are probably saying wtf right now.

No guy I’d rather to be in the room and mentor our guys than Tramon, I’m sure he was aware that we’d get some guys in the draft. Besides, tramon and House will be great veteran depth if they make the squad.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
This one shocks me a bit. Jackson might of been the best player still on the board, but wow on more draft capital being spent on CB's.

I guess for all those unhappy about last night, you basically got 2 guys projected to go in Round 1 + a 2019 first round pick and a 5th round pick, all for the cost of a 1st, 2nd and 3rd round pick.

Last edited:

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A lot like Josh Jackson's former teammate last year (Desmond King falling to the 5th round somehow), his combine was his downfall. On the field he was a shutdown corner in 2017. I must admit only playing serious time in 2017 is a bit of a concern. He was actually a receiver at Iowa early in his career. There have been receivers turn into real good corner we've seen (Richard Sherman best example).

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love the pick!

King and Jackson on the outsides with Alexander in the slot. We got ourselves a secondary now boys

1: Niether of these guys are supplanting Tramon this year if he plays close to how he did last season.

2: With their skill sets Jackson is more the slot guy and Alexander the outside despite his size

H

HardRightEdge

Is any of their money guaranteed?
House: $90,000 signing bonus is the only dead cap
Williams: $3.25 mil dead cap

Willilams isn't going anywhere except maybe the bench and dime. Starting positions will be competitive. King better bring some game we have not seen yet.