OFFICIAL 2018 1ST ROUND PICK Jaire Alexander

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im sorry all i can see in derwin james is kam chancellor, Sean Taylor. Sometimes you cant pass on talent like that.

Please don't ever compare Sean Taylor to Kam frickin Chancellor. Or Derwin James.

Taylor is the greatest safety to ever do it, except for maybe Ed Reed. Respect the game, brocephus.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who does he have to beat to start in the slot?? Rollins?? I think Alexander is starting, Rollins hasn't proven he can be a starter since he got here.

Most people don't get that the NB is a starter.

Most people are idiots.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
What is the big prize from the Saints? I get it gives us a first next season but if that first is also in the 20's how great is that pick?

If you don't recognize the value of a first round pick, I don't know how to explain this to you.

hallzi43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So Edmunds or James couldn't bust? I think you are looking at this in a small bubble. I actually was ecstatic to see Edmunds and James there at #14. But the move back and move up, IMO, netted the Packers much more than selecting one of them.

Sure maybe. But I think the bubble will be bigger on Alexander now. If James and Edmunds end up stars. But Alexander fades. Where do you stand on the decision? Still ok?

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Got my favorite CB in the draft plus a 1st round pick. I'm stoked, riding on a high.

Do people not understand how huge an extra 1st is next year?! That's a really big deal, even if it is in the 20's.

Lot of good edge's in next years draft too.

hallzi43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you don't recognize the value of a first round pick, I don't know how to explain this to you.

Next season when we have all the cap in the world? I think the point was we needed to get better this season. Next season I don't think anyone was worried about our salary cap situation and ability to get better. But sure. A first round pick helps no matter. But that first round pick is going to be in the 20's despite what any nose breather wants to think about NO's chances. We are all hoping for Drew Brees to get soft tissue injury that leads him to his worst season ever...or a major injury that leads him out for season...i didn't say that...

OldSchoolPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another scare for me is that Packers like these guys with injury issues.
Remember Justin “the bustin” Harrel? Again!! When you are getting hurt at the JV level(college) what makes teams think the player hurt at the JV level will not get hurt at the Varsity level(NFL). Wow!! What a bs 2018 1st rd TED GUTTY! Lolol

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Umm, for some of you beachin' out there, Jaire Alexander was rated the top CB prospect by many. I still would have preferred Minkah Fitzpatrick myself but he was gone. Alexander is speedy as hell, but being 5'10" is a bit of a concern.

And yes, getting NO's 1st round next year pick is huge and makes what Gute did today pretty damn good. That's 2 1st rounders next year.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Sure maybe. But I think the bubble will be bigger on Alexander now. If James and Edmunds end up stars. But Alexander fades. Where do you stand on the decision? Still ok?

If he isnt. This was such a bad pick I can't even. So I mean the mission has to be right?

What if JA is a star and Edmunds and/or James are busts? We can all pump our chests about tonight or **** and moan, but really none of us know how this will work out until a few years have passed. I am looking at this purely based on draft capital (value of picks) and I still contend that the Saints giving up next years first round, put this whole night at a big plus for the Packers.

hallzi43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Got my favorite CB in the draft plus a 1st round pick. I'm stoked, riding on a high.

Do people not understand how huge an extra 1st is next year?! That's a really big deal, even if it is in the 20's.

Lot of good edge's in next years draft too.

I like the fact we got 1st next year. But next year is not exactly when we needed it. Don't have any interest in an edge next year either. By that time we already probably made the move to keep Matthews and draft a guy this season. We definitely won't be thinking superior edge guy in late 20's for sure.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he's only a "really good cb" if he starts and the secondary is improved over last year.

1) I disagree. I'm not going to judge a player after one year. Patience, grasshopper.

2) The secondary is better.

3) At minimum, I bet Alexander is the slot CB. That's a big improvement over last year.

hallzi43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Remember Justin “the bustin” Harrel? Again!! When you are getting hurt at the JV level(college) what makes teams think the player hurt at the JV level will not get hurt at the Varsity level(NFL). Wow!! What a bs 2018 1st rd TED GUTTY! Lolol

I am not there on injury issues with Alexander but it is an issue with us. Biegel was another guy with obvious injury issues. I don't think Alexander is exactly there. But I am not high on the pick.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Next season when we have all the cap in the world? I think the point was we needed to get better this season. Next season I don't think anyone was worried about our salary cap situation and ability to get better. But sure. A first round pick helps no matter. But that first round pick is going to be in the 20's despite what any nose breather wants to think about NO's chances. We are all hoping for Drew Brees to get soft tissue injury that leads him to his worst season ever...or a major injury that leads him out for season...i didn't say that...
You do realize that breathing through the nose is not a criticism right?.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like the fact we got 1st next year. But next year is not exactly when we needed it. Don't have any interest in an edge next year either. By that time we already probably made the move to keep Matthews and draft a guy this season. We definitely won't be thinking superior edge guy in late 20's for sure.

You realize with two first round picks we can trade up, right?

Or we can take two good players. First round picks are very valuable. I mean, what Gute did was a no-brainer. You have to plan for the future too.

hallzi43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Umm, for some of you beachin' out there, Jaire Alexander was rated the top CB prospect by many. I still would have preferred Minkah Fitzpatrick myself but he was gone. Alexander is speedy as hell, but being 5'10" is a bit of a concern.

And yes, getting NO's 1st round next year pick is huge and makes what Gute did today pretty damn good. That's 2 1st rounders next year.

Ward was top rated by all. But my position on this is less about the top rated corner and more about the player. Alexander was never a top 10 pick ever. Edmunds and James are top 10 rated players and we passed on them. And for our 3rd round pick we could have had Martavious Bryant. From an outside perspective that looks like we ****** up. Big time.

Members online

Latest posts