OFFICIAL 2018 1ST ROUND PICK Jaire Alexander

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guys.

Football is a contact sport and guys get hurt. One injury does not constitute an injury problem.

I swear I know 5 year olds smarter than this.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ward was top rated by all. But my position on this is less about the top rated corner and more about the player. Alexander was never a top 10 pick ever. Edmunds and James are top 10 rated players and we passed on them. And for our 3rd round pick we could have had Martavious Bryant. From an outside perspective that looks like we ****** up. Big time.

He was Mike Mayock's #1 CB.

Have you heard of him?

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Then why don't you give him a chance to do it before implying he can't.
i'm not saying he can't. i'm saying derwin f'n james fell in their lap and they ended up with alexander who may or may not start. if he can beat out who we have as #1's right now i'm good with him. it'll be an improvement.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i'm not saying he can't. i'm saying derwin f'n james fell in their lap and they ended up with alexander who may or may not start. if he can beat out who we have as #1's right now i'm good with him. it'll be an improvement.

Alexander plays a more important position PLUS we got a 1st rounder.

It's Alexander PLUS a player vs James.

Please don't forget that.

hallzi43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What if JA is a star and Edmunds and/or James are busts? We can all pump our chests about tonight or **** and moan, but really none of us know how this will work out until a few years have passed. I am looking at this purely based on draft capital (value of picks) and I still contend that the Saints giving up next years first round, put this whole night at a big plus for the Packers.

I mean we all hope he is right? But in terms of what we all know right now. It doesn't look great. If Jaire Alexander is who they would have taken at 14. It looks outstanding from this point. But if Edmunds, James, or even Vander Esch end up being great players and Alexander ends up busting? Not good. You never know. We hope it ends up great.

OldSchoolPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he’s one of the top 3 corners, he’s a starter.
If you think this was a good pick, move, than take your f*cking homer hat off & really think about it! Impact player the Packers didn’t think would fall at 14 in Derwin James was there!! Some say BEST D NFL READY PLAYER in James! Trade back to draft mighty mouse Terrell Buckley 2?!?!? Un real! Than lose this years 3rd rd pick to obtain a very low Saints 2019 1st rd pick to me is a glorified 2nd rd pick! Lol time for another beer!!! Draft on Ted “Gutty” Thompson! Lol

hallzi43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You realize with two first round picks we can trade up, right?

Or we can take two good players. First round picks are very valuable. I mean, what Gute did was a no-brainer. You have to plan for the future too.

I fully realize that. But we also have a lot of cap room next season. So I don't think we really need to. I am all about this season and this season only. If you want to talk about next seasons super bowl I will talk to you next year.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I like the fact we got 1st next year. But next year is not exactly when we needed it. Don't have any interest in an edge next year either. By that time we already probably made the move to keep Matthews and draft a guy this season. We definitely won't be thinking superior edge guy in late 20's for sure.

Resigning Matthews would not be characteristic of the Packers.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I fully realize that. But we also have a lot of cap room next season. So I don't think we really need to. I am all about this season and this season only. If you want to talk about next seasons super bowl I will talk to you next year.

We don't need another first round pick because we have cap space.

That is just plain stupid

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Ward was top rated by all. But my position on this is less about the top rated corner and more about the player. Alexander was never a top 10 pick ever. Edmunds and James are top 10 rated players and we passed on them. And for our 3rd round pick we could have had Martavious Bryant. From an outside perspective that looks like we ****** up. Big time.

Alexander was a top 12-16 pick for many. So Gutekunst chose a top 12-16 guy at a position of greater need and value, plus a 1st round pick, over a top 10 guy on their own. I fail to see why anyone should get bent out of shape over that.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Alexander was a top 12-16 pick for many. So Gutekunst chose a top 12-16 guy at a position of greater need and value, plus a 1st round pick, over a top 10 guy on their own. I fail to see why anyone should get bent out of shape over that.

Dude complains about everything the Packers do.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
That makes him an expert? Why doesn't everyone use his picks?

Well who are you referring to when you talk about James being a top 10 guy? You’re just referring to “experts.” So why not then also recognize that Mayock, Jeremiah, Brugler, and others had Alexander in their top 16 overall? Or can we only reference big boards if they cast the Packers’ pick in a poor light?

OldSchoolPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well because we need a reason to ***** on draft night.
My reason to ***** on draft night is that you had a stud player FALL in Derwin James to 14 and you f@cking trade back to take a runt!!! I’m absolutely over the packers brass while Aaron Rodgers has been QB! Hell, bring back Capers tomorrow<eye roll> still can’t believe GB kept Capers as long as they did!

hallzi43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Resigning Matthews would not be characteristic of the Packers.

You are saying this with very little knowledge of who Gutey is as a GM and also knowing full well we right now have 2 viable pass rushers in our defense. Matthews and Perry. One maybe viable guy in Gilbert. And an unknown but likely not viable guy in Beigel. We just drafted a corner with our first round pick. Yes I hope we pick Nwosu with our round 2 choice but you have to start thinking maybe we aren't in the neighborhood of letting Matthews go.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
My reason to ***** on draft night is that you had a stud player FALL in Derwin James to 14 and you f@cking trade back to take a runt!!! I’m absolutely over the packers brass while Aaron Rodgers has been QB! Hell, bring back Capers tomorrow<eye roll> still can’t believe GB kept Capers as long as they did!

The jury’s still out OldSchool, but my early impression is that you’re a bit manic.

hallzi43

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I don't know about many. Obviously he wasn't a top 16 for anyone that actually picked.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
You are saying this with very little knowledge of who Gutey is as a GM and also knowing full well we right now have 2 viable pass rushers in our defense. Matthews and Perry. One maybe viable guy in Gilbert. And an unknown but likely not viable guy in Beigel. We just drafted a corner with our first round pick. Yes I hope we pick Nwosu with our round 2 choice but you have to start thinking maybe we aren't in the neighborhood of letting Matthews go.

If Gutekunst handles veterans in a manner like his predecessors and mentors, Matthews will walk.

Members online

Latest posts