Offensive Line

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is it just me, or did they finally start performing once Wells and Reugamer got into the game? Next week, health permitting, I'd like to see a starting 5 comprised of Tauscher, Wells, Reugamer, Clifton, and whoever fits better into the arrangement out of Whittiker and Klemm. I don't think it's any coincidence that once Reugamer and Wells came into the game Favre started looking like himself again.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Flanny is expected to be out for the next game and hopefully get his act together during the BYE week..., but we'll see!

Scott Wells - Center
Whitticker - stay put - he was outstanding out there today!
Ruegamer and Klemm will both be out there unless Chad Clifton passes the physical...

Truth is - the OC should have been rotating these guys all along.
But, you know where that conversation goes... right?

Think about it - why do we need to stick with the same bunch -0 why NOT rotate the O-Line throughout the game? Don't we do it on the D-side? Other Teams do it...

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'll tell you why IB...

it's because Sherman's brains are in his ***...where his head seems to be..

Cheesehog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Flanagan but he hasn't been healthy all along. Wells should have been rotating with him. Beightol probably thought he needs the veteran in there with the loss of Whale & Rivera and F.A. veterans O Dwyer & Klemm not quite working out. I would guess he was unsure of too many new, young, unproven faces in there. I still give him a pass because of the job he has done in the past, but he better start forming some type of a solid unit(healthy & technique smart) soon, for Brett needs stability and trust from his line to get back to his regular game. (Same goes for the running game.)

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry CH, but I would actually disagree about Adrian Klemm....

And, I actually think both the running game, and then the passing game (both) were getting back on track during the second half. It was our GBP back in regular form.... Batman was actually havin' a good time out there... until he got roughed up, that is....

My only real beef is with Robert Ferguson.... He's simply not performing up to what his talk has always been to date - and then to have him snub Favre during the game...?

THIS TACTICAL SIMPLY WILL NOT DO.... PERIOD!

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally, I did not see Ferguson snubbing Favre. He took his much deserved ***-chewing after having the ball stolen from him, and Favre slapped his shopulder padsin encouragement when Ferguson walked away. Seemed the discussion was over.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with digs the pack, I didn't see it as a snub. If I was getting my *** chewed like he was I'd pay attention for as short a time as possible, which he did, and move away as fast as possible which he did.
I don't see Ferguson providing Brett anything but a last look in his check down. Favre will never trust him as a "go to guy" with what he has shown this year.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You don't rotate the offensive linemen because they need to develop cohesion and unity (which is why the starting 5 should have been picked after week 2 of the preseason).

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey TOP, how are things up North? Absolutely correct, the line has to play together at this point without rotating. That said, Wells should be starting until Flanny shows otherwise. He stabilized that unit, and the guards played much better with him in. Flanagan, for everything he has done and overcome, is the weak link on the line at this time. He may recover to his full potential, but he is hurting right now, and hurting the team when in.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
I'll tell you why IB...

it's because Sherman's brains are in his ***...where his head seems to be..

Pack 66 is very upset as I was yesterday, and to tell you the truth I think Sherman has no balls to run a team, yes I did like Favre getting in Fergys face after HE GAVE THE BALL TO THE PANTHERS, but I did hate to see Sherman not doing the same, HE IS THE COACH HE´S GOT TO PUT ORDER THERE.

And I am Totally dissapointed with Fergy and his big mouth, Javon, Driver, Chatman will have kept that ball, they fight for the ball, we all see Driver getting one ball in between two defensive players, Fergy has no balls to play this game !!!!

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :pals:

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
Hey TOP, how are things up North? Absolutely correct, the line has to play together at this point without rotating. That said, Wells should be starting until Flanny shows otherwise. He stabilized that unit, and the guards played much better with him in. Flanagan, for everything he has done and overcome, is the weak link on the line at this time. He may recover to his full potential, but he is hurting right now, and hurting the team when in.

Things have been better. Don't think I'm going to make it to a game this year (I'll send you a pm telling why).

Agree on Wells. The line solidified with him in there (even with Klemm at LT). Whitticker had his best game of the year yesterday too, IMO.

Cheesehog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah..kind of what I was saying. They need stability on the O-Line. Brett always had that "trust" in his unit. I think Beightol wanted to start a unit and keep it that way so as to a way they would all "gell" as a unit. Unfortunitly Flannys injury and the talent not being replaced equally has forced some moving of personal. Until the dust settles on what I call a "remodeling project"
there will be some changes.

But Sherman still calls the U-71 package when we don't have all the linemen that could "pull" like last year. Teams know this now and it's hurt our run game to some extent. I for one would like to see some new sets and suprise me and maybe some defesive co-ordinators as well.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
U-71 is as obsolete as my 5 year old computer. Other teams have figured out how to counter it.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When I see a QB talking to a Player, along the sidelines, about an incident from out there on the field and THAT PLAYER TURNS HIS HEAD AWAY from the QB, BEFORE he's done making his statement - that's snubbing - and if it were different circumstances - not on the field - I think Brett would have simply belted him outright, knockinghim on his *** - I know I would have.... Fergie cost us 7 points in that drive....

Also - I didn't see that as a PAT on the Back... it was an attention getter replacing that chance to belt him.... Brett was highly pi$$ed...

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are there any teams in the NFL (or college or high school, for that matter) who rotate their offensive linemen? I've never heard of it. Continuity is too valuable, and the lack of continuity in the preseason was a big reason for the O-line's slow start. I thought Ruegamer should've been starting somewhere on that line right from week one. And Flanagan is clearly not up to speed.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That may be - but incorporating the good backups throughout a game isn't something that should be "politically incorrect", either.... Why put chains on an idea, or try to kill it before it's been thoroughly tested....

Right now, our Starters on the O-Line aren't much better than our backups - no harm, no foul

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JD said:
Is it just me, or did they finally start performing once Wells and Reugamer got into the game? .

I would say part of it is because Flanagan hasn't been playing up to par this season, but I think another part of it was that the Panthers D-line was getting tired in the 2nd half and weren't rushing as hard because of it.

OP
OP
J

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ArizonaPackerFan said:
JD said:
Is it just me, or did they finally start performing once Wells and Reugamer got into the game? .

I would say part of it is because Flanagan hasn't been playing up to par this season, but I think another part of it was that the Panthers D-line was getting tired in the 2nd half and weren't rushing as hard because of it.
What would they be tired from? The 2003 Packers punishing power run game? :p

Members online

Latest posts