Odell Beckham Jr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OBJ at minimum is a fantastic opportunity for the Packers to upgrade their passing game by adding someone who can help stretch the field. Not super fast, but fast enough, and deceptive enough, that it would be difficult for defenses to use double teams on Adams. It's the cheapest option out there, and I'm quite certain they can find room on the 53 man roster for him. Just my opinion.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
OBJ at minimum is a fantastic opportunity for the Packers to upgrade their passing game by adding someone who can help stretch the field. Not super fast, but fast enough, and deceptive enough, that it would be difficult for defenses to use double teams on Adams. It's the cheapest option out there, and I'm quite certain they can find room on the 53 man roster for him. Just my opinion.

Agreed and we might be having this discussion about A. Brown if the Bucs released him. Now I think Brown is/was a much worse head case then OBJ, but he has proven himself to be somewhat of a changed guy down in Tampa and a valuable addition to the team.

I honestly think OBJ could turn out to be the same type of situation as Brown became for the Bucs. Was he a clown show in NY and at times in Cleveland, sure. Did he have a choice when he was traded to Cleveland? Nope and I think that bugged him. Could he become another Antonio Brown before the Bucs and come to GB and be a complete ****** bag? Sure, but I think the risk of him doing that is low and the cost warrants taking it, especially when you compare it to the potential upside.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed and we might be having this discussion about A. Brown if the Bucs released him. Now I think Brown is/was a much worse head case then OBJ, but he has proven himself to be somewhat of a changed guy down in Tampa and a valuable addition to the team.

I honestly think OBJ could turn out to be the same type of situation as Brown became for the Bucs. Was he a clown show in NY and at times in Cleveland, sure. Did he have a choice when he was traded to Cleveland? Nope and I think that bugged him. Could he become another Antonio Brown before the Bucs and come to GB and be a complete ****** bag? Sure, but I think the risk of him doing that is low and the cost warrants taking it, especially when you compare it to the potential upside.
It's also a chance for OBJ to rebuild his reputation, and have a shot at a ring. He's going to be in the market for a solid last type contract after this year, since he's not quite 30. I'm certain those future paydays will be of great importance to him, along with the bling ring.

Brown would not be a bad second option. But I'd do the deal with OBJ first to be honest. Just a gut feeling here.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Brown would not be a bad second option. But I'd do the deal with OBJ first to be honest. Just a gut feeling here.
typo? not sure what you mean in the last part.

I agree though, with the part about GB might be his best option to reestablish himself and besides a legit shot at a ring with the Packers, an even better shot at securing a decent long term contract next year.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I meant to say that Brown would be a good option if he was on the board. But, I'd prefer OBJ over Brown. Just my opinion. I think he might be just a tad more stable between the ears, but not by a lot.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I meant to say that Brown would be a good option if he was on the board. But, I'd prefer OBJ over Brown. Just my opinion. I think he might be just a tad more stable between the ears, but not by a lot.
Got ya now. I agree with you, that if given the choice between the two, I would take OBJ. In case you missed it, yesterday Coach Arians had a funny response when asked if the Bucs were pursing OBJ. He said:

'We've already got AB, we don't need OBJ. Too many letters'​

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Got ya now. I agree with you, that if given the choice between the two, I would take OBJ. In case you missed it, yesterday Coach Arians had a funny response when asked if the Bucs were pursing OBJ. He said:

'We've already got AB, we don't need OBJ. Too many letters'​

It would also double the amount of Prozac Bruce would be taking, while he waits to see if the lid blows off!

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For what it is worth, now people are saying that the pendulum for landing OBJ has swung from New Orleans to the Chiefs.

Maybe they just want clicks over the next few days, and every few hours they will say the pendulum has swung to a different team.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Maybe they just want clicks over the next few days, and every few hours they will say the pendulum has swung to a different team.

Agreed, but at some point one of them will be right! :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

The Chiefs could be a logical choice for OBJ, so the article isn't completely off.

BTW....considering your new signature line, you might want to read this. Just saying. I wouldn't want people to think AR's rationale for not getting the vaccine is because of the sudden distrust in it by certain political officials.

Reaction score
Agreed, but at some point one of them will be right! :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

The Chiefs could be a logical choice for OBJ, so the article isn't completely off.

BTW....considering your new signature line, you might want to read this. Just saying. I wouldn't want people to think AR's rationale for not getting the vaccine is because of the sudden distrust in it by certain political officials.

Yeah it was 1 of the 3 teams he himself mentioned. He likely goes with whomever offers him the most $ from his contender choices. He’d be smart to sign with GB and it would revitalize his career much like what happened with Cook and Breeland. Mostly likely just a quick stop wherever he lands, so he’d be wise to think long term.
I know I’m biased, but if I had the choice right now? GB is a wonderful opportunity to focus and reset his career. If he just happens to click with AR? Watch out NFC. That combo with any combo of Bak, J’aire or Z back in the mix? Very formidable.

Last edited:

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think you know what a sociopath is. From the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 5th Edition ("DSM-5"), a "sociopath" is defined under the heading of Antisocial Personality Disorder as follows:

"APD (Antisocial Personality Disorder) is a DSM-5 (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, fifth edition), diagnosis assigned to individuals who habitually and pervasively disregard or violate the rights and considerations of others without remorse. People with Antisocial Personality Disorder may be habitual criminals, or engage in behavior which would be grounds for criminal arrest and prosecution, or they may engage in behaviors which skirt the edges of the law, or manipulate and hurt others in non-criminal ways which are widely regarded as unethical, immoral, irresponsible, or in violation of social norms and expectations. Those with APD often possess an impaired moral conscience and make decisions driven purely by their own desires without considering the needs or negative effects of their actions on others. Impulsive and criminal behavior is common. The terms psychopathy or sociopathy are also used, in some contexts synonymously, in others, sociopath is differentiated from a psychopath, in that a sociopathy is rooted in environmental causes, while psychopathy is genetically based."

If you think that fits OBJ. Well, either you know things that have never been made public, or, you're wrong.

I'm going with the latter.
Some of those "traits" seem to apply to OB1. I will let you and Crow debate about what exactly a sociopath is.

I know I was out of line to call the guy a sociopath without him being diagnosed as one but you have to admit he has mental issues. There is a misunderstanding as to what a sociopath is which doesn't necessarily mean guy is a psycho or a nut case or a criminal, but many are just manipulative, immoral, only think about themselves while disregarding others, etc? Just curious if that is correct?

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Some of those "traits" seem to apply to OB1. I will let you and Crow debate about what exactly a sociopath is.

I know I was out of line to call the guy a sociopath without him being diagnosed as one but you have to admit he has mental issues. There is a misunderstanding as about sociopath which doesn't necessarily mean guy is a psycho or a nut case or a criminal, but many are just manipulative, immoral, only think about themselves while disregarding others, etc? Just curious if that is correct?

I'm going to make wild accusations about someone. Pretend I do know what I am talking about and then when called out on it, run away like the kid getting caught with his hand in the cookie jar. Mumbling, the whole way as to how unfair this is to him and desperately seeking sympathy and an explanation from his siblings as to why he wasn't right. Once he is back safely in his room, he is angry that his mother has such unfair policies and this is all her fault.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm going to make wild accusations about someone. Pretend I do know what I am talking about and then when called out on it, run away like the kid getting caught with his hand in the cookie jar. Mumbling, the whole way as to how unfair this is to him and desperately seeking sympathy and an explanation from his siblings as to why he wasn't right. Once he is back safely in his room, he is angry that his mother has such unfair policies and this is all her fault.

Wow...you are so desperate right now to prove me wrong that you had to take a post and rant about nonsense. And you tell others to grow up. Seems like you have mental issues and can't get past holding grudges. carry on...i'm sure you will post some more SNL skits as your reliable source to mock people.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Wow...you are so desperate right now to prove me wrong that you had to take a post and rant about nonsense. And you tell others to grow up. Seems like you have mental issues and can't get past holding grudges. carry on...i'm sure you will post some more SNL skits as your reliable source to mock people.
Yes, I am a sociopath, just like anyone else that you don't like. It really doesn't take much to point out how silly some of your posts are, they speak for themselves. I have no issues with your opinions differing from mine and discussing that. However, when you start wrongfully calling people sociopaths/psychopaths and misstating facts about things such as covid, that are downright dangerous, then I am going to call you out, just as others have. Check your facts man. If you don't like my SNL postings, which BTW aren't meant to be a "reliable source", but a source of humor, then put me on ignore. I'm not changing, just because you are uncomfortable in your own skin.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I actually liked this guys take on the OBJ "situation". Not just because of his conclusion, but the rationale behind all his rankings.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score

What the heck is this? What in the world happened to Pokerbrat?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised to see OBJ wait until Monday to pick a team. He wouldn't be playing this week or probably practicing, so why not wait until one of the team that is interested might up their ante due to an injury on Sunday or he might eliminate a team if their QB gets hurt on Sunday. Information is power.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OBJ is still deciding whether to accept a few more $$'s or a shot at a $50K Super Bowl ring... his choice. He won't be playing this week, anyway, so what's another few days.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
OBJ is still deciding whether to accept a few more $$'s or a shot at a $50K Super Bowl ring... his choice. He won't be playing this week, anyway, so what's another few days.

True on the not playing. I don't think its a matter of money, at least not this year. Sounds like all the offers are relatively low and if they don't exceed what he is owed by Cleveland, that part shouldn't matter. What he is probably thinking hard about and maybe why the Chiefs will land him, is his future beyond this season. With the Packers it is probably a dead end gig, that he might build up his resume with, but at the end of the season, he has to find a new team. Whereas, if he signs with the Chiefs, he shows them what he can do and if he fits in, they resign him, no having to find a new team. He also might view the Chiefs as just needing him to be a SB contender. Imagine if he joins them and the offense takes off and wins a SB, his signing might be the top billing for why it happened. That part might be appealing to him. He wins in GB...its all about Aaron.

This is his first experience in Free Agency, I am sure he is kind of loving all the attention and the spotlight. I don't blame him for carefully weighing everything out.

Sadly, today my money is on the Chiefs signing him.

Last edited:
Reaction score
They say you become what you think about

Is it possible we’re all starting to act like OBJ??

He’s rubbing off and he hadn’t even landed in GB yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts