Obf/viking fans--shut up about clay's helmet

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I seen people (OBF and other Viking fans) whine to no end on him taking off the helmet

So if I read this correct, that is why there was no flag?

[Unsportsmanlike conduct] includes ... removal of his helmet by a player in the field of play during a celebration or during a confrontation with a game official or any other player.
Quirky Research: Blogging the NFL Rule Book: 2010 Changes

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
By that rule there is no penalty and therefore no flag on that play. Those Vikings fans are smoking funny things. Come on now, the officials had to of seen that. You can't tell me they missed Clay throw (this description varies according to the Viking fan) his helmet off and go running across the field, hair flying (apparently in a fit of rage, oh those Viking fans!) and make a tackle? Had it been a penalty they would of thrown the flag on sight. I think the Viking fans are using this, amongst other things as a diversion to get the focus off their real problem. Favre. Clay's helmet or lack thereof did NOT cause the Vikings that game. The Vikings did. If they want to get into an issue of poor officiating, join the freakin club. We've been a card carrying member since game #4.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You are all over any and all resources, it must be hard to prove you wrong in some things LONGTIMEFANIPEDIA

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
By that rule there is no penalty and therefore no flag on that play. Those Vikings fans are smoking funny things. Come on now, the officials had to of seen that. You can't tell me they missed Clay throw (this description varies according to the Viking fan) his helmet off and go running across the field, hair flying (apparently in a fit of rage, oh those Viking fans!) and make a tackle? Had it been a penalty they would of thrown the flag on sight. I think the Viking fans are using this, amongst other things as a diversion to get the focus off their real problem. Favre. Clay's helmet or lack thereof did NOT cause the Vikings that game. The Vikings did. If they want to get into an issue of poor officiating, join the freakin club. We've been a card carrying member since game #4.

I read on a post that his ROID RAGE kicked in (from a viqueen poster)

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
But that link is credit to another forum and different poster

packershome.com

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Yeah, I didn't really see why it was an issue. Not sure who the OL was, but he pushed his facemask up anyways.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I seen people (OBF and other Viking fans) whine to no end on him taking off the helmet

So if I read this correct, that is why there was no flag?

Quirky Research: Blogging the NFL Rule Book: 2010 Changes
Nice post. I would have been more impressed if you had noted that this was a change from the rule in 2009, were it would have been a penalty. Since it was right next to the one you quoted. Of course that would have made everyone who questioned it well, just out of the know, instead of whiners.

From the 2009 rule book.
[Unsportsmanlike conduct] includes ...
removal by a player of his helmet during or after a play. (Exceptions: The player is not in the game or he is in or has returned to his bench area; or, the player is in the game and a timeout has been called for reasons of injury, television break, charged team time out, or it is between periods

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Yikes! had won, there would be different dialog on their side and the Clay helmet thing wouldn't even be thought of.
Since they lost, some folks are making an issue of a non-issue.
What else are they going to do when their QB never ever does any wrong even when he blows it for their team?

Big Dan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't remember what year it was, but it was the Pack vs the Bucs. As he fights through our D-Line, Warren Sapp loses his helmet. Sapp never slows down and puts a good hit on Favre, really "sticking his face in there." Literally. It was one of those tough, legal hits on a quarterback; chest to chest, and face to face-mask. I became a fan of Warren Sapp right then and there.

This has nothing whatsoever to do with Clay's helmet issue. It's just my favorite "player without a helmet" moment and this thread brought it to mind.

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If they were going to call the helmet, they would have called the hands to the face that caused the issue in the first place.

his helmet was up in his face on pretty much every play in the second half. they never called that until the last facemask

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Refs:..."guys, how many penalties was it we decided to not call on the Packers?...oh 8, got it we won't call 8 penalties....damn, I guess we gotta call that one...it's getting tooo obvious"

QUESTION: ARE REFS, NFL FOOTBALL FANS? There has to be some that are

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think scott green's crew is just on a whole 'nother level of inept that the other crews just wish they could be on.

The Drew

The Drew Cave
Reaction score
I think Clay finally said F**k it after getting multiple hands to the face from the O lineman and only getting the one call on the facemask... I dont know how many times I saw Clay having to adjust his chin strap because it was at his nose after a play... including the one where he just took his helmet off...

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Clay finally said F**k it after getting multiple hands to the face from the O lineman and only getting the one call on the facemask... I dont know how many times I saw Clay having to adjust his chin strap because it was at his nose after a play... including the one where he just took his helmet off...

That's what I was thinking. There's a nice little example of this in the Clay throws Favre like a ragdoll pic. You can clearly see his helmet is above the chin. So I guess the Vikings can blame the Vikings for Clay having his helmet off! Even sweeter that it didn't result in a penalty, making them whine even more! :viksux:

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Actually on the replay it look like his hair was across his eyes. When I get the chance I will look at it, I have it on DVR, and see why he does it. He was about 7 yards from the guys who had blocked him when he did it.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually on the replay it look like his hair was across his eyes. When I get the chance I will look at it, I have it on DVR, and see why he does it. He was about 7 yards from the guys who had blocked him when he did it.
The chinstrap was on his eyes. Can't say for sure it was the blockers' fault, but I believe he got hands on the face, it moved, and he took it off...

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Looking at it, the te? blocked him, pushed his helmet up chin strap moved to his mouth area and thats when he tossed it off

At least it looked like it, it happens so fast and to pause it it gets to grainy to me ( just seen a video on a forum )

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
can the whiners **** now?

"mike pereira:

Matthews' helmet started to come off when he was blocked, and then he pushed it off the rest of the way so he could see. Interesting enough, it's not a foul, period.

It's only a foul if a player removes his helmet to celebrate or to argue with an official or in a confrontation with another player. Therefore, during the play there is no restriction for removing the helmet

Hope it is BIG enough for the blind homers on OFFICIAL BRETT FAVRE TO READ

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I cant ******* stand them

bunch of liars the biggest one is the owner of the site

DergaSmash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know that there were some missed calls on both sides. I also know that there were bad calls both ways as well. The late hit out of bounds call on Collins comes to mind. What I did like though was that the refs let them play. They let both teams be physical and play tough. I liked that a lot. It could have been Flag Fest III but it wasn't. I'll take a few missed and a few bad calls instead of fifty missed and fifty bad calls any day. I didn't see our secondary playing less physical than usual yet we didn't get popped for holding/illegal contact/pass interference every drive like the Bears game. All in all, I think the officials did an ok job. Sure Matthews was held or had illegal hands to the face done on him several times, but our secondary got away with some contact downfield. I think thats pretty fair.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Longtimefan, you or someone should post that rule on the OBF so they can see it. They are obviously oblivious to that rule and could use a bit of schooling. I can't believe they are still at it over there. There was no flag because it was NOT a freakin penalty!!!

Members online

Latest posts