Obama chooses Bears

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago Native on loan to Tallahassee, FL
Obama also suffers from HUGE foot-in-mouth disorder when it comes to sports. He's always championed the White Sox as his favorite team, yet when asked about who his favorite player is from the old days, he had no clue because he doesn't know any. Always a big shot with nothing to back it up.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
im honestly suprised he isnt going with his smooth talking political correctness ******** and saying how he hopes its a great game and the best team will win

oh he has always been brutally honest about sports. He trashed the cubs and their fans during the election. I laughed, and Im a cubs fan. Much better than that idiot McCain, who switches teams depending on what state he is in.

John McCain's Steelers Story Doesn't Add Up -- NFL FanHouse

and Hilary might be the worst. Red Sox hat? Really? Your reppin NYC at the time, have some pride.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For being such a self proclaimed sports fan, that was a horrible first pitch he threw out at the Nationals game. I think his prediction will sit nicely next to the Cutler SI cover this week.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For being such a self proclaimed sports fan, that was a horrible first pitch he threw out at the Nationals game. I think his prediction will sit nicely next to the Cutler SI cover this week.

yeah he is no George Bush on the mound. Then again Bush cant ball on the court either.

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
yeah he is no George Bush on the mound. Then again Bush cant ball on the court either.

Has anyone actually seen footage of Obama on the basketball court? I'm not talking about still images - I'm talking about film. I'm not saying he doesn't play (of course he does), I'm just wondering how good he is.

I'm sure there are probably some positive quotes out there from friends of his - but I guess I'd like to see it for myself.

I sure hope these refs don't see to it that he gets his Super Bowl photo op. If he goes, the media will be so far up his ___ they'll be tasting Just For Men™. I'm honestly dreading that. It'd be bad enough to lose, but losing that way and having to watch that circus...well, I guess that's what the remote is for.

(But please God, no.)

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Has anyone actually seen footage of Obama on the basketball court? I'm not talking about still images - I'm talking about film. I'm not saying he doesn't play (of course he does), I'm just wondering how good he is.

I'm sure there are probably some positive quotes out there from friends of his - but I guess I'd like to see it for myself.

I sure hope these refs don't see to it that he gets his Super Bowl photo op. If he goes, the media will be so far up his ___ they'll be tasting Just For Men™. I'm honestly dreading that. It'd be bad enough to lose, but losing that way and having to watch that circus...well, I guess that's what the remote is for.

(But please God, no.)

I have seen him play a few times. I would say he would be one of the best players at his age at the local Y. Can he keep up with his brother in law? Doubt it.

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
I have seen him play a few times. I would say he would be one of the best players at his age at the local Y. Can he keep up with his brother in law? Doubt it.

Oh yeah, that's right - his brother-in-law is a college level coach somewhere? Oregon or someplace like that?

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago Native on loan to Tallahassee, FL
If you'll recall, just a couple of years ago the current president claimed to be a lifelong Steelers fan when the Steelers went to the Super Bowl. Now he's back on the Bears bandwagon. Hopefully both of his teams lose this weekend.

Yeah, that's because the Rooney's were/are one his biggest campaign contributors.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you'll recall, just a couple of years ago the current president claimed to be a lifelong Steelers fan when the Steelers went to the Super Bowl. Now he's back on the Bears bandwagon. Hopefully both of his teams lose this weekend.

Thats kind of twisting the story.

President Obama Backs the Steelers in the Super Bowl - washingtonpost.com

He went on to explain that Steelers owner Dan Rooney was "an extraordinary supporter" during his presidential campaign. Franco Harris, the Steelers' Hall of Fame running back, and the team's current head coach, Mike Tomlin, also backed his candidacy, Obama said.

"So . . . I wish the best to the Cardinals," the former senator from Illinois continued. "They've been long-suffering. It's a great Cinderella story. But other than the Bears, the Steelers are probably the team that's closest to my heart. All right?"

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts