Now that we are out, who'd you rather win this SB?

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Maybe the Browns will hand over their first 2 picks for Foles? ;)

Will be interesting to see what the Eagles do with him. He will definitely have some trade value with that contract and due to the way the contract is written, it is probably best to trade him this year, while his stock is at its highest.

BTW, the "rights to him" for 3 years is a bit deceiving, I still don't fully understand his contract, but it sounds like if he is still on the roster in Feb. of 2019, he automatically becomes a Free Agent?

https://heavy.com/sports/2018/02/nick-foles-contract-salary-stats-trade/
He signed a 5 year deal with the last 3 voidable. Basically so they could spread out the guaranteed money. Actually, I read that wrong, They void automatically so after 2018 hes a FA.
  • 2019-2021 years automatically void if on the roster 23 days before the 2019 league year

OP
OP
XPack

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And, as of right now they have his rights for 3 years after that.
If he remains on their roster in 2019 the balance 3 years get void. Guaranteed they'd trade him before that.

Why not strike when it's hot and get the most value?

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Today was the best day of work I have had in years. Though the eagles REALLY scare me next year.
Yeah, it's amazing what they've done with a backup quarterback since Wentz went down. Green Bay's competition in the NFC is about as tough as I've ever seen it. The Eagles, the Vikings, the Saints, the Rams, the Panthers, the Cowboys, and Green Bay hasn't even proven they can beat Atlanta yet. And add in the Seahawks, Lions, Cardinals, and Redskins if you want.