Now that we are out, who'd you rather win this SB?

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's not gloss over the fact that it wasn't 4th and 26 that lost the game, it was Favre's mind numbingly ill advised pass in overtime that was easily intercepted and returned to field goal range that led to Akers's game winning field goal.
Or the decision to punt the ball on 4th and very short for a touchback that netted about 20 yards when the Packers offense had been running the ball down Philly's throat the whole game.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I did that for you above lol.

Or...David Akers missed a 30-yard field goal attempt in the 1st quarter or in the second quarter when on 4th down on the Eagles 1 yard line Ahmad Green tripped on Mike Wahle's leg and was tackled for no gain or.................

Bottom line, Packers lost, Eagles won....many plays factored into it, not just 4th and 26 or Favre's interception in OT, it is a 60 minute game or in this case, 60+.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
OK folks. The Favre discussion was laid to rest some time ago when the official Favre thread was removed from the pinned area. Let's get back on topic about the Superbowl.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
OK folks. The Favre discussion was laid to rest some time ago when the official Favre thread was removed from the pinned area. Let's get back on topic about the Superbowl.

Can we at least talk about why Dom Capers isn't coaching in this years Super Bowl? ;)

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Just curious on the "closing and locking" of threads. What is the purpose of locking a thread like "Fire Capers"? To save bandwidth or storage capacity? Yes, Capers finally got fired, but is that the end of his story? I just was reading about Ricky Jean Francois and Lawrence Guy, 2 former Packer defensive players who didn't do squat in Green Bay under Capers, yet both were starters for the Patriots in the AFCCG.

So do we start a new Thread anytime something related to Capers comes up or is Capers now taboo to talk about?

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
We do???? :eek::eek::eek::whistling:
No we don`t.......closed and locked
I beg to differ https://www.packerforum.com/threads/dom-capers-is-fired.77485/
I think there is a Capers - what's happening one too.

Just curious on the "closing and locking" of threads. What is the purpose of locking a thread like "Fire Capers"? To save bandwidth or storage capacity? Yes, Capers finally got fired, but is that the end of his story? I just was reading about Ricky Jean Francois and Lawrence Guy, 2 former Packer defensive players who didn't do squat in Green Bay under Capers, yet both were starters for the Patriots in the AFCCG.

So do we start a new Thread anytime something related to Capers comes up or is Capers now taboo to talk about?
Fire Capers was closed because it was about the reasons he should be gone. (ignore the occasional thread drift) Once that happened it was no longer the proper mindset and someone started the he's gone thread I linked to. If he makes the news again, by all means start another thread about that specific event.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I beg to differ https://www.packerforum.com/threads/dom-capers-is-fired.77485/
I think there is a Capers - what's happening one too.

Fire Capers was closed because it was about the reasons he should be gone. (ignore the occasional thread drift) Once that happened it was no longer the proper mindset and someone started the he's gone thread I linked to. If he makes the news again, by all means start another thread about that specific event.
Thanks for the correction. I was referring to the "fire Capers thread, but I'm pleased to see you have my back as usual ;)

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're right, wrong era, oops. You have to admit it sounds like something our Capers defense would have done though. :)

Man oh man our fan base continues to amaze me. Next thing you know someone's going to be ranting about how Mike McCarthy ... Eerr Sherman didn't go for it on 4th and 1 with the Green/Davenport hammer.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man oh man our fan base continues to amaze me. Next thing you know someone's going to be ranting about how Mike McCarthy ... Eerr Sherman didn't go for it on 4th and 1 with the Green/Davenport hammer.
That's already been brought up actually.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's already been brought up actually.

Well 2 things ring true around here that need reminding which are:

1. Mike Sherman continues to go unscathed for causing the 4th and 26 loss though he was mostly to blame for it

2. The monkey was lifted off our back in the 2010 playoffs so as far as I'm concerned, game's in the less relevant category even more so because it didn't happen in the Rodgers era.

Cheese Meister

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Getting back to the thread, I am rooting for the Eagles because they not only beat the Queens, but because they have never won it yet.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. Mike Sherman continues to go unscathed for causing the 4th and 26 loss though he was mostly to blame for it

2. The monkey was lifted off our back in the 2010 playoffs so as far as I'm concerned, game's in the less relevant category even more so because it didn't happen in the Rodgers era.
That game still leaves an unpleasant taste for me. It's known as the 4th and 26th game, even though yeah, there were a number of plays that contributed to the loss. That game blends in with all the other bad playoff experiences the Packers have had in the last 20 years, they almost seem part of one big whole. I won't call it a "curse", because we do have that Super Bowl win in 2010, but there were some bad things that happened to the team during that span. Just like the Patriots consistent defense has led to a lot of playoff successes, so too the Packers porous defense has led to many playoff failures over the years.

As for Sherman, I agree with Half Empty's comment a few posts back. Sherman's tenure was a "fail", and I think most Packer fans consider it so.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That game still leaves an unpleasant taste for me. It's known as the 4th and 26th game, even though yeah, there were a number of plays that contributed to the loss. That game blends in with all the other bad playoff experiences the Packers have had in the last 20 years, they almost seem part of one big whole. I won't call it a "curse", because we do have that Super Bowl win in 2010, but there were some bad things that happened to the team during that span. Just like the Patriots consistent defense has led to a lot of playoff successes, so too the Packers porous defense has led to many playoff failures over the years.

As for Sherman, I agree with Half Empty's comment a few posts back. Sherman's tenure was a "fail", and I think most Packer fans consider it so.

Well, thank god because I don't want to be like the Vikings fans who believe Fran Tarkenton has a curse on them, or the Falcons fans who feel the same way after last year's superbowl loss and the 2012 NFCCG, or the Redskins or 49er fans for that matter lol. I also suspect some Colts and Bronco fans think the same thing.

Now ... To get this thread back on topic. I'd say at least one good thing about this Superbowl is even though I could care less who wins, at least I won't have to be ranting at the TV if the bad guys are winning. I just hope it's a good game and not a toilet bowl stinker like a lot of regular season games were this year.

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As it gets closer I think I'm going to root for the Patriots. Phillys fanbase doesn't deserve a win to celebrate

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
I usually do, I actually like them. Did not think they'd be here this year though when the season started.

But i could still be easily swayed in the game with a few calls I think are ******** one team or the other. I remember that Harrison quit and joined them and so did Bennett. It would be a lot easier for me to cheer for them if those 2 weren't around.

Members online

Latest posts