Now that we are out, who'd you rather win this SB?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I actually don't really care who wins or who loses, all I want is to be entertained with a great game, which is a win for me sitting on my couch watching. I'm not a fan of either team or what their fan bases have been portrayed to be, but I am sure there are some nice "normal people like all of us" :coffee: that support each team.

Another Patriot SB gives them more fuel for their GOAT QB, GM and Franchise. An Eagles win may help set them up for more success in 2018 and beyond......can this game end in a tie? :D

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I usually do, I actually like them. Did not think they'd be here this year though when the season started.

But i could still be easily swayed in the game with a few calls I think are ******** one team or the other. I remember that Harrison quit and joined them and so did Bennett. It would be a lot easier for me to cheer for them if those 2 weren't around.

Well, you have 1/2 your wish - Bennett isn't.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I actually don't really care who wins or who loses, all I want is to be entertained with a great game, which is a win for me sitting on my couch watching. I'm not a fan of either team or what their fan bases have been portrayed to be, but I am sure there are some nice "normal people like all of us" :coffee: that support each team.

Another Patriot SB gives them more fuel for their GOAT QB, GM and Franchise. An Eagles win may help set them up for more success in 2018 and beyond......can this game end in a tie? :D

I think you got your wish.

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was a great game and it came down to the 4th quarter. I am happy for Doug Pederson and his team. Not so much for their fans, because they can be such *****. But happy the Brady Bunch lost.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I think you got your wish.
I Did :) :tup:

Entertaining game to watch and good to see the refs didn't give fans and the media more fuel to call the Patriots cheaters by reversing Ertz's TD.

Was good to see 2 (White and Clement) of those "always overrated" Badger running backs play so well for their respective teams!

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MAD PROPS for the Philadelphia Eagles beating my 2 most hated teams in Minnesota and New England. I'm still pissed about 4th and 26 but couldn't be happier considering it could have been a Vikings vs Patsies Super Bowl. Awesome work!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I had not watched much of the Eagles this year, but as that game wore on, I was totally pulling for the Eagles to win mainly based on Doug Pederson. Not sure if he will be the next "great coach", but I have to hand it to him, he coached with guts and confidence in his players and in doing so, beat one of the best in the game.

Have to wonder if some of the coaches around the NFL are asking themselves, "Maybe I should go for it on 4th down more often?".

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
MAD PROPS for the Philadelphia Eagles beating my 2 most hated teams in Minnesota and New England. I'm still pissed about 4th and 26 but couldn't be happier considering it could have been a Vikings vs Patsies Super Bowl. Awesome work!
First game of the year. Vikings at Eagles to open the season.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Today was the best day of work I have had in years. Though the eagles REALLY scare me next year.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Today was the best day of work I have had in years. Though the eagles REALLY scare me next year.

That has crossed my mind several times during the playoffs. An NFC team that is in very good shape. The road for NFC teams to the SuperBowl may go through Philly for awhile.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That has crossed my mind several times during the playoffs. An NFC team that is in very good shape. The road for NFC teams to the SuperBowl may go through Philly for awhile.
That's what they said about GB a few years ago too. Life in the NFL always changes. Roster turnover, coaching turnover, players get big heads. a year to scheme offensive and defensive schemes that worked so well the year before and then injuries. The Eagles certainly look to be poised to be in the mix, but as we've seen so often, things happen.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
That's what they said about GB a few years ago too. Life in the NFL always changes. Roster turnover, coaching turnover, players get big heads. a year to scheme offensive and defensive schemes that worked so well the year before and then injuries. The Eagles certainly look to be poised to be in the mix, but as we've seen so often, things happen.

Agreed, some, including myself thought the Falcons were the next NFC power team, Seattle before them. Salary caps definitely help to maintain a competitive balance, unless you play in New England. :coffee:

But I do like the Eagles chances next year. What is shocking to me, the Eagles underwent more than 40-percent turnover on their 53-man roster from just 2016 to 2017.

OP
OP
XPack

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Eagles certainly look to be poised to be in the mix
But I do like the Eagles chances next year.

They are not in a good position regarding cap space.
And Foles would want a starting job elsewhere. Let's see how well Wentz comes back from injuries.
And if Giants and Cowboys improve, it'll just get harder for them.

I'd give rank between 10-6 to 12-4 next season.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
They are not in a good position regarding cap space.
And Foles would want a starting job elsewhere. Let's see how well Wentz comes back from injuries.
And if Giants and Cowboys improve, it'll just get harder for them.

I'd give rank between 10-6 to 12-4 next season.
Foles can want anything he wants. But the Fact remains he is under contract with them for next year. And, as of right now they have his rights for 3 years after that.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Foles can want anything he wants. But the Fact remains he is under contract with them for next year. And, as of right now they have his rights for 3 years after that.

Maybe the Browns will hand over their first 2 picks for Foles? ;)

Will be interesting to see what the Eagles do with him. He will definitely have some trade value with that contract and due to the way the contract is written, it is probably best to trade him this year, while his stock is at its highest.

BTW, the "rights to him" for 3 years is a bit deceiving, I still don't fully understand his contract, but it sounds like if he is still on the roster in Feb. of 2019, he automatically becomes a Free Agent?

https://heavy.com/sports/2018/02/nick-foles-contract-salary-stats-trade/