Now really...

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
I watched the entire game last night, and I rooted against the purple throughout it's entirety. I love to see them choke and I love to see them lose. I don't understand how anyone can pin that loss on Favre. He played a heck of a game and literally got his **** flattened for the majority of MN's time of possession.

I have no respect for what he did to the Packers' organization or how he's disrespected us throughout the course of this year, but as an admirer of football for the sport that it is, last night was heartbreaking. To see a 40 year old man, who still defines the sport to this day, plays his heart out, and has fun on the football field (while still dominating the game, mind you) and just get absolutely crushed was brutal. I mean, I was truly surprised at how hard it was for me to watch that game.

It's one thing to be a die-hard fan, it's another thing to root for another human being to get hurt. I know what he did to us, and I know how most people feel about him, but to watch the guy who made himself a legend on our team, before this bitter spat, get absolutely abused, regardless of what colors he's wearing, is truly difficult.

I'm happy at the end result of that game, and I'm glad he threw that pick at the end, but that is far from the reason they lost that game. The line couldn't protect him from the mad blitzing, AP has clubs for hands, Berrian lost that fumble, and the Saints did what they needed to do. I'm not making excuses, I'm pointing out that the entire Vikings team did what they needed to do to lose that game. You really can't pin this on Favre. Rationalize it however you want, I'm celebrating the loss of a team, not the man who will be remembered for his victories in Green and Gold and not his losses in Purple, Green, and White.:viksux:

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I almost completly agree, except for the point that i didnt find it difficult to watch Favre get knocked around all game, i actually thought that it was necessary for a Saints victory to hit Favre.

However, i as well was rooting against the Vikings throughout the game and it was not until the game was ended in OT that i honestly felt bad for Favre. i wanted them to lose so badly but just watching Favre lose in the NFCCG AGAIN and miss his chance at another title AGAIN, idk i just started to feel bad for him. Yes he was playing for the Vikings but i still feel sympathy for him in that it might have been his last shot at a title.

but like you said the loss definitly can not be pinned on Favre. There were just wayyyyy too many fumbles and turnovers for the Vikings to have won that game.

OP
OP
Incubes12

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
I almost completly agree, except for the point that i didnt find it difficult to watch Favre get knocked around all game, i actually thought that it was necessary for a Saints victory to hit Favre.

However, i as well was rooting against the Vikings throughout the game and it was not until the game was ended in OT that i honestly felt bad for Favre. i wanted them to lose so badly but just watching Favre lose in the NFCCG AGAIN and miss his chance at another title AGAIN, idk i just started to feel bad for him.

but like you said the loss definitly can not be pinned on Favre. There were just wayyyyy too many fumbles and turnovers for the Vikings to have won that game.
Yes he was playing for the Vikings but i still feel sympathy for him in that it might have been his last shot at a title.
I agree that it was certainly the best strategy. I guess it's just the combination of the beating he took and how I feel the frustration of putting your heart into something, only to have the rest of the team let you down. I completely blame him for that last INT, which I think was truly his biggest mistake of the game, but I wouldn't hold it against him if he said that frustration clouded his judgment.

It can't be completely pinned on him, but he shares some of the blame. That pick was awful.
The pick was horrendous, but it shouldn't have even mattered. First, the game should've been in the Vikings hands at that point, there were far too many mistakes made by the rest of the team to put a significant amount of blame on him at that point. Second, even in that situation with all of the turnovers and the game coming down to that drive, the play shouldn't have been called. Any good coach would've seen how beat up and frustrated his QB was and called a run, to play it safe, then put the game on your veteran kicker. Even with how crummy kickers have been in the NFL this year, I would've trusted Longwell over calling a throw from a beat up, old, exhausted QB.

YoKramer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The loss was Bretts fault plain and simple. It was also AP's fault. The Saints got in Favres head and made him think he NEEDED to win the game by himself. I hope the Packers and every other team in the NFL sees that and will pressure him just like the Saints did next year. The way to beat Favre is the same as a rookie QB Hit him often and Hard and put the game on his shoulders cause as WE ALL know he WILL throw that stupid pass that loses the game for his team.

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The loss was Bretts fault plain and simple. It was also AP's fault. The Saints got in Favres head and made him think he NEEDED to win the game by himself. I hope the Packers and every other team in the NFL sees that and will pressure him just like the Saints did next year. The way to beat Favre is the same as a rookie QB Hit him often and Hard and put the game on his shoulders cause as WE ALL know he WILL throw that stupid pass that loses the game for his team.

I bet your pretty mad at Rodgers then as well. I mean they pressured him and caused a to. I hope you can forgive Rodgers because he did everything he could to win that game.

Unbelievable is all I can say

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I bet your pretty mad at Rodgers then as well. I mean they pressured him and caused a to. I hope you can forgive Rodgers because he did everything he could to win that game.

Unbelievable is all I can say
I don't see how getting blown up by a linebacker and throwing an interception that violates the very basics of quarterback play to end the biggest drive of your season are the same thing.

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see how getting blown up by a linebacker and throwing an interception that violates the very basics of quarterback play to end the biggest drive of your season are the same thing.

You mean tucking the ball and taking the sack so you dont turn it over in your territory in ot isn't violating the very basics of qb play?

hypocrisy at its finest

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
You mean tucking the ball and taking the sack so you dont turn it over in your territory in ot isn't violating the very basics of qb play?

hypocrisy at its finest
He never tucked the ball on that play. He drops back, pump fakes, gets decked, touchdown.

It's different than rolling out, throwing across your body back into the middle of the field, and having the ball picked off when you could have run the ball for 4 yards and given your team a chance to win the game with a field goal.

Both plays are bad, sure, I just think Favre's was far worse.

YoKramer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He never tucked the ball on that play. He drops back, pump fakes, gets decked, touchdown.

It's different than rolling out, throwing across your body back into the middle of the field, and having the ball picked off when you could have run the ball for 4 yards and given your team a chance to win the game with a field goal.

this

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Official Website of Brett Favre » News » Was NFC championship loss Brett Favre's last game?

On third-and-15 from the New Orleans 38, Favre knew the Vikings needed to get closer to give Ryan Longwell a legitimate shot at a game-winning field goal in the final seconds.

He rolled right and then, instead of scrambling for the yards that might have put Minnesota in field goal range, threw across the field to the left. Tracy Porter picked it off to send the game to overtime, where Garrett Hartley's 40-yard field goal put the Saints into their first Super Bowl.

"I probably should have ran it," Favre said. "I don't know how far I could have gotten. But in hindsight, that's probably what I should have done. I don't know how many yards we needed for a field goal, but I knew we needed some. I was just late to Sidney."

Ya know, for a vetren 16 year legendary QB you would think that he knows:
A) Where he is on the field.
B) Where the ball needs to go to be in field goal range.
C) What his kicker is capable of.

Face it: Brent is just too damn dumb. He should know EXACTLY where he is and where the ball needs to go for a field goal attempt. No excuses.

I'm surprised they keep playing this moron and letting him think about retiring instead of firing his old wrinkly *** already.

If I was in the office of Minny, there wouldn't be any talk of retiring. He'd be shown the door.
:beee:

OP
OP
Incubes12

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Kind of like not knowing where a lb is comming from.....
You are all hypocrites
I think you're reaching with this. There are players on the field who are specifically there to pick up those linebackers. You honestly cannot expect a QB to keep track of every defender on the field as well as his own open receivers. I know he's supposed to have a sense of what's happening, but sacks occur because it is impossible to always know what is happening and plan for it.

It was an unfortunate play that manifested itself out of the problems that have plagued us all season. Look for the Pack to correct these in the offseason.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I watched the entire game last night, and I rooted against the purple throughout it's entirety. I love to see them choke and I love to see them lose. I don't understand how anyone can pin that loss on Favre. He played a heck of a game and literally got his **** flattened for the majority of MN's time of possession.

I have no respect for what he did to the Packers' organization or how he's disrespected us throughout the course of this year, but as an admirer of football for the sport that it is, last night was heartbreaking. To see a 40 year old man, who still defines the sport to this day, plays his heart out, and has fun on the football field (while still dominating the game, mind you) and just get absolutely crushed was brutal. I mean, I was truly surprised at how hard it was for me to watch that game.

It's one thing to be a die-hard fan, it's another thing to root for another human being to get hurt. I know what he did to us, and I know how most people feel about him, but to watch the guy who made himself a legend on our team, before this bitter spat, get absolutely abused, regardless of what colors he's wearing, is truly difficult.

I'm happy at the end result of that game, and I'm glad he threw that pick at the end, but that is far from the reason they lost that game. The line couldn't protect him from the mad blitzing, AP has clubs for hands, Berrian lost that fumble, and the Saints did what they needed to do. I'm not making excuses, I'm pointing out that the entire Vikings team did what they needed to do to lose that game. You really can't pin this on Favre. Rationalize it however you want, I'm celebrating the loss of a team, not the man who will be remembered for his victories in Green and Gold and not his losses in Purple, Green, and White.:viksux:

You're right, except for the bit about wanting Favre to lose.

I'm feeling now EXACTLY as I had felt during the 4th-n-27 debacle against the Eagles. I analyzed that game over and over and there was NO WAY Philly matched-up with Green Bay. The Packers sacked McDrabb 9.5 times and Barnett lost the game for Green Bay - just like Part Time did last nite for Minny - but Favre got and will get all the blame again.

But, I cannot begin to describe how proud I am of Brett Favre. He played like a freakin' warrior and he opened himself to a physical beating because that's the kinda man that dude is. I literally had tears in my eyes when he was getting taped-up in the sideline infirmary. Anybody that doesn't hold a spot in their heart for that dude is ****** in the head.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

I'm feeling now EXACTLY as I had felt during the 4th-n-27 debacle against the Eagles. I analyzed that game over and over and there was NO WAY Philly matched-up with Green Bay.

thats the trouble your thinking match ups, but forget about the Favre factor..You know, ball in hands in over time of a playoff game..

and BTW?

Barnett did what coaches told him to do..

Ask Leroy Butler I think he knows a few things about it

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm feeling now EXACTLY as I had felt during the 4th-n-27 debacle against the Eagles. I analyzed that game over and over and there was NO WAY Philly matched-up with Green Bay. The Packers sacked McDrabb 9.5 times and Barnett lost the game for Green Bay - just like Part Time did last nite for Minny - but Favre got and will get all the blame again.

But, I cannot begin to describe how proud I am of Brett Favre. He played like a freakin' warrior and he opened himself to a physical beating because that's the kinda man that dude is. I literally had tears in my eyes when he was getting taped-up in the sideline infirmary. Anybody that doesn't hold a spot in their heart for that dude is ****** in the head.
Because this is not math! It's not an exact science, no matter how much you want it to be!

Match up well. You completely disregard teams personalities, refs, and inconsistency.

Unless you're paranormal of some sort. Which I guess you aren't.

All this talk of predictions make you sound cocky, so don't be surprised when people rub in your face when you're wrong.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

You definitely swallow.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score

I have no problem with what you said, I just want you to do something:

Admit that interception at the end was a ridiculously awful decision. Any rational person would admit that. Yes he played well through one of the hardest beatings i've ever seen him take, but that last play was bad, you have to admit that.

Staff online

Latest posts