Now I Know Next Year Will Be Good

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Bobby Roberts said:
It's not about holding a grudge, it's about pride. Bates knew that he had more experience and a better track record than MM. He also knew the team and was ready to step in as HC. TT told him he wasn't good enough by hiring MM instead. I just can't see Bates swallowing his pride to come back for a DC job. The only way he would rejoin the team would be as a HC, and I just can't see that happening.

I'll roll with that 'pride' theory. Let's say ...

Ted: Jim, what will it take to get you back in GB?

Jim: I feel I'm the best person for the HC job.

Ted: You know Mike is the HC, Jim. We really need you back to lead our defense.

Jim: I appreciate the offer, Ted. I am ready to be a HC and I am going to wait for there to be no more openings for HC before I come back into the NFL as a DC.

Months pass by, no more NFL HC positions available

Ted: Jim, I'm sure you know the Lions just hired Mike Tice to be their HC and there are no more openings left. Call me back, we may be able to work something out.
//Jim was out running and keeping himself in shape therefore was not able to answer his phone.

Jim: Ted, its Jim returning your call. I'm listening.

Ted: Good to hear from you Jim. Here it is. Come back as our DC. If you get the defense back into top 5 form and the team has not improved over the previous season. I will make you the HC. If the team makes the playoffs and you get our defense back to top 5 I will give you a great word of mouth reference and help you get a HC job with any team that inquires about your services. I hope that you'd stay with us and would accept the large contract I would offer you.

Jim: Sorry Ted. I'm sitting this one out.

Ted: Jim, take some time to think about it.

weeks later

Jim: Ted, where is my DC office?

Ted: JIM!! Meet meet me at Applebees and we will get everything straightened out!

This won't ever happen, but I had fun with it :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts