No one has even mentioned the release of Reggie Tongue

Robin Yount

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In all of the babbling that is carrying on about how our future is secure because of our past and how posting pictures of Hall of Famers will save our defense, posters have overlooked the release of Reggie Tongue, the safety from the Jets and previously the Seahawks.

He is 31 or 32 but has great numbers and is probably better than anything we have.

As a 1 one year fix, he is not a bad option. At the very least he could lend some veteran leadership in a scary secondary situation.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Robin Yount--Did Reggie Tonque sign a contract with the Packers and pass a physical. I can't not find his name on the Packers minicamp roster from Press-Gazette or active royster from Packer .com (Packer Website). The on ly safties listed are:Earl Little, Mark Roman, Marviel Underwood, Todd Franz, Arthuro Freeman,Julius Curry, Nick Collins and two Safties who were on the N.F.L. Europe Wendell Williams and Chonn Lacey. That is 9 safties if the two from N.F.L. Europe are still with the Packers. I think a 31 or 32 year old safety would have a tough go of it . I positive he if they thought he had potential to upgrade the Packer secondary they would have him come into camp. Apparently he did not have the potential to do that.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Robin Yount said:
In all of the babbling that is carrying on about how our future is secure because of our past and how posting pictures of Hall of Famers will save our defense, posters have overlooked the release of Reggie Tongue, the safety from the Jets and previously the Seahawks.

He is 31 or 32 but has great numbers and is probably better than anything we have.

As a 1 one year fix, he is not a bad option. At the very least he could lend some veteran leadership in a scary secondary situation.

I guess I've failed to see someone post Hall of Fame pics and claim they are going to save our defense. The Packers past is huge to all packers because it is rich in tradition. Will it help the Packers in 05? No. The young, talented players that buy into the team concept will be the ones helping the Packers overachieve this year and make another playoff run! Believe that...

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope the Packers make a run at that Schulters guy from the Titans even though I doubt they will. They believe they can get something out of the guys they already have, that's been evident up to this point.

OP
OP
R

Robin Yount

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The young, talented players that buy into the team concept will be the ones helping the Packers overachieve this year and make another playoff run! Believe that...

The key statement in NDs post is "The young, talented players that buy into the team concept". From what I can tell there are at least a few that DO NOT buy into the team concept and probably never will- Walker, Carroll and Hunt for example. These guys were starters last year for us and very well could be starters this year for us.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
The Packers past is huge to all packers because it is rich in tradition. Will it help the Packers in 05? No. The young, talented players that buy into the team concept will be the ones helping the Packers overachieve this year and make another playoff run! Believe that...

Packer past IS huge! Whether it helps in 05 IS the team concept.

IT is the past and the rich tradition that makes it easier for the players to buy into the team concept.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
I hope the Packers make a run at that Schulters guy from the Titans even though I doubt they will. They believe they can get something out of the guys they already have, that's been evident up to this point.

What the heck do I know, but TT et al seem to have a lot more confidence in certain guys on the roster than I do. I'm not sold on any aspect of the defense, regardless of the magical powers of Bates, yet the Packers seem to have done little to upgrade other than draft picks, which are a gamble to help out this year. I don't mean to sound like I'm losing faith or something, but the term "rebuild" (shudder) keeps popping in my mind when I think of this team.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obi1,

I agree with you about the Packers past being very important to all Packers and their fans, but I do know that the past won't win any games for them in '05, that was my point! The teams that come into Lambeau Field do not fear the hallowed ground the way they once did, and it's up to the current team to bring that back by simply taking care of their home field.

My idea of the TEAM CONCEPT is that everyone do the little things to get the job done - putting the team goals in front of personal ones.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
My idea of the TEAM CONCEPT is that everyone do the little things to get the job done - putting the team goals in front of personal ones.
Give 110% and take NO plays off - ala Randy Moss!

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts