1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Nick Collins getting some love

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by FrankRizzo, May 3, 2011.

1. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
  2. packerstl101

packerstl101 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +31
    he was also voted by the players as a top player on NFLN's top 100 players of 2011. he was in the 100-91 range dont remember the exact rank

3. Cheesehead Brittany

Cheesehead Brittany Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +184
    I will give him some love ;)

4. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    someone voted him 7th? wow.

Most underrated player on the D.

Man we have had some great safeties in our history.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Cheesehead Brittany

Cheesehead Brittany Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +184
    Like Darren Sharpaaa? The hardest hitting safety in da league!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +609
    Wow! Bill Williamson, one of the voters, looks like a fool by putting Collins at 7. You have to be literally an idiot + a Bear/Viking/Lion Fan + not watch a lot of football + didn't watch the Superbowl to put Nick Collins behind Whitner, Meriweather, Griffin, and Wilson. Wilson is the only person that is "close" to Collins skills wise, but it is Polamalu, Reed, and Collins and after that is a drop off before Wilson and then a big drop off after him.

7. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    And on the players' top 100, he was fraking 96. Eric Berry was ahead of him at 93!!!

He is the most underrated defensive player in the league by far (production+talent/recognition).

Sitton might be the most underrated offensive player in the league.

8. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    Not sure if it's his playing style but I'm a huge Ed reed fan. I would take him over troy I think.

9. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    That players list is going to be awful. You can already tell.

10. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    No kidding. Berry ahead of Collins? McNabb in it?

My guess is they asked a limited number of players per roster, and each had 1 or so vote.

When they don't disclose how they came up with those lists, it takes away it's credit.

11. packerstl101

packerstl101 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +31
    It's probably a popularity contest. Like all star games are.

12. TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe TheGiftedApe

Ratings:
    +77
    It is time!!

13. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    I hope it's not worse than the fans top 100 players of all time. Peter king, our generations great football writer, has don Hutson as the best of all time. Hutson wasn't on the fan list. Dr. Z was the prior generations great ftball writer. He says motley was the greatest, yet I believe he failed to make the fans list as well. In the NFL it's all about now and nothing about yesterday.

And to an extent the voters for the 100 greatest players bought into that as well. I fail to see how anyone could make Peyton a top 10 player of all time at this moment.

14. GBPack2010

GBPack2010 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +67
    Hey if this is extra motivation for Collins to play harder I'll take it. Who cares honestly so long as he has them Rings and Pro Bowls no ranking matters.

15. neilfii

neilfii Hall of Fame Fan

Ratings:
    +714
    I am hoping we continue to have great safeties in our future.

16. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,442
    I got some love for Nick Collins! :) He deserves some love, he's a tremendous player. I think he should be on the list and ranked high.

I'm not a big fan of these "top 100 lists". As I mentioned in similar threads, I find these lists to be subjective to a degree. It depends on the criteria involved in how they rank the players. Should they be ranked both within their respective positions and then overall? The thing with these lists is, if everyone of us, players included, all make up our own top 100 list, the chance of any of those lists being exactly the same is minute.

17. Croak

Croak Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,973
    I think Polamalu gets more press attention but I could go with Reed as well. Polamalu is a lot of flash, while Reed gets the job done with consistency. Jennings spotted a glaring weakness in Polamalu's style and exploited it in the Super Bowl. Go back and listen to the clips of Jennings telling everyone Polamalu over commits a certain direction.

• Like Like x 2