Nice Link To Save

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Cool, always looking for more insight and it seems to be an off the normal read.

Thanks again.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Some interesting stuff he has on here... More noise that Ingle is dingling himself out of Green Bay

Green Bay - - Thursday marks the final two-a-day practices for the Packers 2007 Training Camp. When it's 94 degrees here on the practice field, and the calendar says July 31st, it seems like it will be an eternity before the regular season begins. Now suddenly players see their opportunities to impress the coaches dwindling to a few remaining practices and three preseason games. If you're not cut before hand. So who needs to step it up, ASAP?

WR Robert Ferguson, although what ever he does may not erase the unfortunate run of injuries he's had in his 6 seasons with Green Bay. Ferguson career total receptions? 116. Donald Driver had 92 last year alone. I talked to Ferguson after the game in Pittsburgh Saturday night. He told me the last spot on the receiver corp will come down to who does best on specials teams, as well as the duties as a receiver. Since Ferguson is hardly being looked at as a return man, behind guys like Greg Jennings, Shaun Bodiford, Will Blackmon, and rookie David Clowney, it is apparent his fate may already be sealed.

Rookie running back DeShawn Wynn has lived up to all of his negatives coming out of Florida. He wasn't ready for Mini Camp, cramping up, straining a calf muscle 35 minutes into camp. Mike McCarthy grinds his teeth talking about Wynn. He loves the kids size, speed, footwork through the line. But he's on the sideline again, this time with a quad. His position coach Edgar Bennett says many of the injuries they see in camp can be avoided with the proper physical preparation before you come to camp. And when that's the explanation you get on where Wynn is at, you get the idea the kid didn't work out hard enough, or smart enough (if at all) after Florida won the National Championship.

Rookie TE Clark Harris, the Packers final pick out of Rutgers. Muscle cramps, sprained an ankle, seems to not be able to hold up to the rigors of this training camp. Began showing some good hands, but has not flashed, or been on the field enough in the past two weeks. And in a year when the tight end position is wide open, and a head coach who gives you Wednesday's off, I'm not sure if Harris is NFL ready.

QB Ingle Martin needs to step it up, now. The first couple of weeks, during each of his many mis-fires, he'd go back to quarterback's coach Tom Clements for input, comments. Now when the passes are off target, wide, overthrown, at a receiver feet, the coaches don't talk to him. There's nothing to be said. And running up to the receivers to complain about how they cut 3 feet too early isn't cutting it 3 weeks into training camp. QB Paul Thompson, Oklahoma, is bigger (6'4" vs. Martin's 6'-2") stronger, runs harder, has a stronger arm in short passes. He's raw, but get him through McCarthy's quarterback school in March, and it's all over with for Ingle. It's almost as if Martin has some kind of injury that has effected him in camp, although the only injury he has officially suffered is when he got knocked in the head against the Steelers, thus taking away his precious pre-season reps early, replaced by Thompson. The 4th quarter of the Steelers game was supposed to me Martins. McCarthy told me Thompson will get the 4th quarter this Saturday night against the Seahawks.

WR David Clowney from Virgina Tech has the great speed as advertised, but a tiny body that leaves you wondering how many hits could he really take. Oh, and then there's the catching the football thing. Yah. Gee, David, even though it's 7 on 7, there are 11 guys trying out for 5, maybe 6 jobs. So we recommended you dive for those balls from Martin or Thompson, and when you get one of those few reps with Brett Favre or Aaron Rodgers, pull out a fishnet or throw your shoe or helmet,.. do whatever it takes to pull in a pass today, or you'll be packing for Virginia sooner than you can say "I've got sizzle."

FB Brandon "Field Mouse" Miree, who was supposed to replace William Henderson. That until offensive coordinator Joe Philbin said "nothings been established there yet." Miree is out with stinger. Needs to tough it out ASAP. Rookie Korey Hall, Boise State is making him look bad right now. Hall is all over the field on special teams as well. Working in Miree's favor is there is no competition from Ryan Powdrell, USC, and Cory White's been moved over to the running backs to fill the gaps by Vernand Morency and PJ Pope. Miree is an engaging guy, but the field work does the talking, and he's been quiet so far in training camp.

We'll hear more from Packers GM Ted Thompson today, and I'll recap Ted's comments this afternoon on the "Gary & Cliff" show live here from the Stadium View Sportsbar in Green Bay, beginning at 2pm, on 1250 WSSP-AM.