Reaction score
Four QB's mention:

Drew Brees
Patrick Mahomes
Jared Goff
Andrew Luck

Mahomes and Goff are good,
but
Personally I would like to see the older, proven quarter backs get this reward because
who knows, they might retire soon.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Either Mahomes or Brees. I'd say Brees. His team is a top 2 NFC seed and the Saints beat the other top 2 NFC seed (Rams).

H

HardRightEdge

At this stage it must be Brees. It would be naive to thing the resume does not weigh in the decisions. There are 3 games to go before the vote.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This isn't a lifetime award. Yes Brees is deserving of the reward, but Mahomes is just as worthy if not more. Right now it's Mahomes to lose right now.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
#12 one int gets no mention?
Come on man, get your homer glasses off! ;)

Even with his double tipped one interception....short answer.....No.

Too many bad throws and really besides the Bears game, what has he done that was so special all year? Rodgers has thrown for 23 TD's and a QBR of 56 (worst of his career) ....Mahomes has 45 TD's and a QBR of 82.4...and those are just a few things he has done better than #12.

D

Deleted member 6794

In my opinion Aaron Donald would deserve to win the MVP award this season. Brees will get it though.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
mahomes is about to break the 50/5000 (td/yds) mark. he's at 48/4816. only been done once before (manning 2013). no one else is close this year.
Add to that the 271 rushing yds and 2 rushing TD's,if he keeps it up for 5 or so years, there may be talk of a new GOAT in Town.

Last edited:

Wildcatk23

Repeat?
Reaction score
Four QB's mention:

Drew Brees
Patrick Mahomes
Jared Goff
Andrew Luck

Mahomes and Goff are good,
but
Personally I would like to see the older, proven quarter backs get this reward because
who knows, they might retire soon.

Proven? Why should that matter for this year. Mahomes should be the clear MVP.

Reaction score
Drew Brees is fantastic and in many years he’d be a forerunner. What Mahomes has accomplished already will be more than anything Drew can do to surpass him.

H

HardRightEdge

I'd cast my vote for Brees. In keeping with the Andy Reid late fade tradition, KC has dropped 4 of their last 6. I'd give Mahomes my vote for Offensive Player of the Year.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mahomes has nearly 900 more yards and 16 TDs for nearly the same season passer rating. Everyone wants to send Brees off to a golden sunset, but Mahomes deserves it more.

H

HardRightEdge

Mahomes has nearly 900 more yards and 16 TDs for nearly the same season passer rating. Everyone wants to send Brees off to a golden sunset, but Mahomes deserves it more.
Brees won more games. He has more input into what that offense does to win games than Mahomes. The vote is not for who has the best fantasy stats, though it would not surprise me if that's how the vote comes down.

Mahomes is a terrific talent, no doubt about that, and I would regard him as the best offensive player in the league this year, but not the most valuable player.

Last edited by a moderator:

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The MVP award in every sport is flawed due to no concrete guidelines being outlined. Does MVP equate to...player with best stats, player with best stats on team with highest winning %, popular player (household name) with best stats, popular player with decent stats on team with highest winning %, popular player with a track record of insane stats who gets injured early in the season and cannot play the season while the team then becomes the worst in the league, etc, etc, etc?

MVP winner should absolutely not be reserved for a playoff/high seed team.

Members online

Latest posts