NFL to open Regular season 9/5 at the Giants

RandyM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Per ESPN, the NFL will OPEN on Wednesday night and avoid the the democratic convention and president Obama's speech... It will be at the New York Giants as wee... Any bets who they play?? I do...The Packers.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I HATE that the NFL is adjusting tradition so as not to interfere with a speech that's not going to say anything anyway. Holding the game on Thursday would all but guarantee NBC would absolutely CRUSH the ratings, since no one gives a flying fart in space what that as*hole's going to have to say anyway.

Anyway, I'm all but certain it will be the Packers facing the Giants. Previous two Super Bowl champions just like last year.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Per ESPN, the NFL will OPEN on Wednesday night and avoid the the democratic convention and president Obama's speech... It will be at the New York Giants as wee... Any bets who they play?? I do...The Packers.

I hope we play them and rip them apart something fierce

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
You can stop hoping. It's official. The Packers are playing the NYGs Wed. Sept. 5th 38-21 GB

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I HATE that the NFL is adjusting tradition so as not to interfere with a speech that's not going to say anything anyway. Holding the game on Thursday would all but guarantee NBC would absolutely CRUSH the ratings, since no one gives a flying fart in space what that as*hole's going to have to say anyway.

Anyway, I'm all but certain it will be the Packers facing the Giants. Previous two Super Bowl champions just like last year.

Nothing like the NFL bending over backward to kiss the *** of the Dems, D-Smith probably went to the NFL and *****ed to Goodell that his players want to watch and he demanded it.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Nothing like the NFL bending over backward to kiss the *** of the Dems, D-Smith probably went to the NFL and *****ed to Goodell that his players want to watch and he demanded it.

Actually, it's the networks. Bear in mind that the networks have to pucker up to TWO major sources of ad revenue here the NFL and BOTH political parties - in case you're forgetful, both parties buy up huge chunks of air time in which to lie to massive amounts of people at one time. The reason that the NFL comes in second here is because the US Government grants the networks use of the free airways and thus, also regulates the same.

So...if you were any one of the networks, what is the best win/win for you?

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I remember correctly the link was on one of my GB Packer apps on my phone

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

I'm just trying to figure out what kind of fart in space wouldn't be flying. Is there a walking fart, a running fart, a falling fart or a rolling fart?

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just checked my iphone4 & the app I got the info on the rematch of the Packers/Giants is called Packers 24-7

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

The views expressed here, doesn't mean Packerforum endorses such views

;)

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Yep an Ancient tradition dating back 9 years. Glad this forum isn't political and we can all be civil.

Gotta be the Packers Opening against the Giants, Can't see any other matchup bringing in the ratings it would. What a storyline. Was the loss a fluke, Are the Giants Legit repeat Super Bowl contenders. Are the Packers Back to Form, are there defensive issues fixed.

Only other team I could imagine would be the Pats.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually, it's the networks. Bear in mind that the networks have to pucker up to TWO major sources of ad revenue here the NFL and BOTH political parties - in case you're forgetful, both parties buy up huge chunks of air time in which to lie to massive amounts of people at one time. The reason that the NFL comes in second here is because the US Government grants the networks use of the free airways and thus, also regulates the same.

Well, PBS could always show it.
But to make up for the cost of the rights, then they would have pledge breaks lasting like 10-15 minutes long each where a "free" signed helmet is offered at around 15k and a football probably about 10k and a copy of the Ice Bowl program for $500 along with a replicate Schlitz can from the same time.
Would we want that instead?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Why complain at all?
We're gonna get Packers football.
I see how some of you are counting down the days like a kid at Christmas time.
As long as you get to watch our beloved Packers again no matter what day of the week or circumstances.
Isn't that what you/we want?
Hell, I dunno when the "tradition" of starting NFL on Thursday started, but I'd rather have it all start on Sunday.
Nuthin I can do about that. I don't have any power over that.
But hey, if it starts on a Wens. than that's one less day we have to wait. And ain't that grand?
Silver linings my friends. Silver linings.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm just trying to figure out what kind of fart in space wouldn't be flying. Is there a walking fart, a running fart, a falling fart or a rolling fart?
Beware the new sci-fi terror.
Bean
In space, no one can hear you fart.

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Thursday night football is shown on NFL Network, except in the local markets...but since it's NEW YORK, the local ones are threw a fit I bet...It's New York, bastion of the left. The DNC knows when stuff start aslo, and I doubt really cared, and seeing as the Convention last a couple days It wouldn't be the end of the world for them to have their big speeches on Friday, but w/e.

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Giants play the 49ers IN SF this year, so it can't be them. This really only leaves us as the choice, unless the NFL decides to continue to shove Dallas down our throats.

nah, because they have shifted to having division games from weeks 3-17, leaving the 1st two weeks open for non-division games

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Remember last year when Obama switched times for his press conference so it did not interfere with the season opener, and I am guessing this is the NFL just paying him back. I don't agree with a Wednesday night game, but I would agree with anyone hoping this is the first Super Bowl team that gets their ***** kicked in the season opener (And worst team to ever win a Super Bowl at 9-7)

Latest posts