1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

NFL Feed -- WTMJ Announcers and Nick Barnett

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by PackFanInSC, Sep 24, 2006.

1. PackFanInSC

PackFanInSC Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    After listening to the NFL feed of WTMJ during the game, it seems to me that Wayne Larrivee thinks that Nick Barnett is the second coming of LT. Every other play seemed to be "Barnett DRIVES Kitna back!" , or "Driving tackle by Barnett." Comments that I see on here during the game were that Barnett was non-existent for a good portion of the game. What kind of game did he have?

On a side-note, Larry McCarren did respond once that it seemed more like Kitna was doing the driving than Barnett.

2. Yared-Yam

Yared-Yam Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    He wasn't bad, but he didn't make a lot of plays till late.

He did make a huge tackle on a 3rd down in the open field on a TE i think. That's the only time I really noticed him.

Hawk outplayed him by far.

3. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,477
    For me AJ stood out more then Nick....

I seem to be paying more attention to him then Nick..

4. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't think Barnett had a bad game but he was nothing special.
    I didn't see him make any driving tackles.
    I thought Hawk had a very good game. I like that linebacker blitz they run with Hawk. I'd like to see more of it.

5. Lare

Lare Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I only saw Barnett make one play, a stop of a RB for a couple of yard loss. Of course he then got up and did his little "look at me" dance. The next play the Lions scored a touchdown up the middle.

Barnett will probably always have a lot of tackles playing MLB, but most of them will be downfield. But he'll never be a difference maker there, nor will he ever make the Pro Bowl.

6. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Driving tackles are not Barnett's strong suit, even when he is playing his best. The play where he drove Kitna back was one where Kitna ran the ball and got stopped by Barnett and another player, and then they drove him back as the whistle blew.

Barnett had an okay game, no better or worse than most of our other defensive players. He made a couple of nice tackles, and he did not get toasted in coverage like Poppinga.

As others have said, A.J. Hawk was our best linebacker today. Somebody here said before the game that Hawk would have his first NFL sack, and they were right. I don't remember who that brilliant person was. It was a great sack--he grabbed Kitna by the jersey and threw him to the ground.

7. Tiger

Tiger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It was me but i also tipped David Martin to score a TD!! :lol: :lol: