NFC North

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look at all the north teams today lol this division is trash and we thought we might be good. The north just lost to the skins, Bills and looking like the cards. How many wins will it take? I say 8.

James from IL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gotta hope the Bears don't pull it together. Would hate to be in 3rd place after tonight.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We can still be in first place with the Vikes after today lol 1-1-1
Stranger things have happened. Disappointed with the loss today. Yeah maybe they were still tired, but the coaching was not good. Keeping Jones on the sideline, terrible clock management at the end of the first half, and as we saw with Chicago, not having the team ready at kickoff. That’s all on MM. As the years wear on and the 12 window closes, can’t help but wonder what this team would look like with a real HC.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Cards seem to be being reintroduced to reality. I turn it back on and Bradford fumbles...Bears recover. Friggen 52 again.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think right now, the two favorites are now the dogs of the division, and the two dogs are the favorites. I look for whoever can take 2 games in the Detroit vs. Chicago portion of the schedule to win the division.

pfcmsh

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not too worried about the Lions. They usually find a way to not win the division. I still think the Vikings are the team to beat, even with the clunker against the Bills. All the misinformation about favorites and history goes out the window the instant that kickoff is made.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I think this is overreaction. We commonly see teams start slowly and then get in a groove and roll. There's no guarantee the Packers or any NFCN team will do that, but any of them could, and I would bank on both the Packers and the Vikings doing a lot better than their current .500 record.

It's like how every year the Patriots have a clunky first month, people predict that their dynasty is over, and then they roll to a 12-4 record and go deep in the playoffs.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
At the quarter poll, here’s what I see as the biggest question for each of the NFCN teams:
  1. Which Mitchell Trubisky is the real Bears quarterback? He looked rather pitiful for three weeks and then could do no wrong in week 4. Was that a sign that he’s settling in to the offense, or a sign that the Tampa defense really is that horrible. If he’s a good player, that team is playoff bound. If he’s the same guy he was weeks 1-3, they’re probably a 8-9 win outfit.
  2. For the Packers, can Aaron Rodgers get back to 100%? While the defense has been pretty Jekyll and Hyde, and that’s certainly a big question, the issue of ultimate importance here is whether Rodgers can get healthy. If he’s fine after the bye, this team can play with anyone in the NFC. If he has topped out in his effort to come back, they’re going to have a mediocre season.
  3. What is going on with the Vikings defense? Going back to last year’s playoff run, this team is giving up 29 points per game over the last six. And if you just take the first four games this season, the number is 28. There are some possible mitigating factors, but it’s an open question as to whether Zimmer’s unit will take a general step backwards this year.
  4. Will Lions coach buck the trend of Belichick disciples? By and large, NE assistants struggle to find anything resembling the success of their mentor. Will Patricia be any different? Early returns aren’t great, but Billy Belly himself usually takes a month to find his groove in New England so the jury is still out.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Don't over react. I think the division is just fine. Still one of the toughest. Each team seems to have some problem so far in the first quarter. By game 8 I am sure it will all be sorted out. So far the Lions, Packers and Vikings have lost a game that they should have won. This week it's the Bears turn in Miami. MN will get their defense sorted out, Green Bay may end up with half way decent defense. The Lions are coming around as are the Bears. Right now, I would say the division is up for grabs.

Packer Brother

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't over react. I think the division is just fine. Still one of the toughest. Each team seems to have some problem so far in the first quarter. By game 8 I am sure it will all be sorted out. So far the Lions, Packers and Vikings have lost a game that they should have won. This week it's the Bears turn in Miami. MN will get their defense sorted out, Green Bay may end up with half way decent defense. The Lions are coming around as are the Bears. Right now, I would say the division is up for grabs.

You mean the defense that has been consistently abused since the saints playoff game? Yeah no. One or two times? Maybe an aberration. But five out of the last six games? Teams have found holes in that D. Btw, they play @Philly Sunday. They are definitely close to falling apart.

D

Deleted member 6794

You mean the defense that has been consistently abused since the saints playoff game? Yeah no. One or two times? Maybe an aberration. But five out of the last six games? Teams have found holes in that D. Btw, they play @Philly Sunday. They are definitely close to falling apart.

The Vikings still have a talented team but if they lose at Philadelphia on Sunday it might be tough for them to make it to the postseason once again, especially considering they have a tough remaining schedule.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Been abused. Let's see the Packers scored 22 points against them. The Bills got a few lucky breaks. Short fields, stupid penalties. So far this year the only offense that really took it to them was the Rams. I'll wait and see how the Packers defense stops the Rams. But then the Packers get them after their bye week don't they, not 4 days after another game. So there should be no excuse for the Packers not to beat them. It's not always who you play but when you play them.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
already ready with the excuses LOL
Nope, just stating facts. Let's look at Josh Allens big day against the Vikings.

1st quarter. 120 yards of passing
2nd quarter 48 yards of passing
2nd half 28 yards of passing.

Yeah, he killed them. Bills had two very short fields against the Vikings, 15 and 25 yards. Due mainly to a mistake by our left tackle. But it is what it is. Still 12 games left.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't need to, I know how they won. I don't think the Bills are better than the Vikings by even a little bit. I don't think it's terribly impressive we shut them down either. A shutout is fairly impressive as it just doesn't happen much in this league so while I'm happy about that, i'm more concerned how they look against a decent Oline and an experienced QB.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Been abused. Let's see the Packers scored 22 points against them. The Bills got a few lucky breaks. Short fields, stupid penalties. So far this year the only offense that really took it to them was the Rams. I'll wait and see how the Packers defense stops the Rams. But then the Packers get them after their bye week don't they, not 4 days after another game. So there should be no excuse for the Packers not to beat them. It's not always who you play but when you play them.

Yep! Like getting to play the Packers a week after Aaron Rodgers injures his knee ;)

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score

They're not overreactions; they're questions.

For what it's worth, in no way do I think that the Vikings are going to allow 28 points/game. And I've mentioned that there are mitigating factors. But it's still an open question.

Packer Brother

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Eh Minnesota is basically screwd if they lose Sunday. Zero chance they don't lose at least two games to the following: Packers, Bears X2, Lions X2, Patriots, Seahawks (Loudest stadium), Miami (Northern team going down in the heat). Thats not an easy schedule whatsoever.

Everyone could've seen this drop off in play coming. They were extremely healthy on D last season. They had a career backup have a crazy good season at QB. They were ripped apart by NO & Philly. And they only got past NO because of an all time boneheaded play.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Eh Minnesota is basically screwd if they lose Sunday. Zero chance they don't lose at least two games to the following: Packers, Bears X2, Lions X2, Patriots, Seahawks (Loudest stadium), Miami (Northern team going down in the heat). Thats not an easy schedule .

Everyone could've seen this drop off in play coming. They were extremely healthy on D last season. They had a career backup have a crazy good season at QB. They were ripped apart by NO & Philly. And they only got past NO because of an all time boneheaded play.
Vikings go to Miami in December. My guess is the temps should be around 75 at that time.